Thread: HEALTHY COMPETITION IN STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS

vCash

HEALTHY COMPETITION IN STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS

The U16 North side have secured a clean sweep of the State Championships with a 13-0 victory over South at UWA Sports Park on Friday afternoon.

While North had already wrapped up the title with two wins earlier in the week there was still plenty of pride on the line for South although the dismal weather conditions made it difficult to maintain control of the ball and conjure clear attacks.

A penalty kicked by Ben Stimpson and a moment of brilliance from North winger Waqa Blake, who evaded the South defence and threw a great pass out wide to Matt Howell to put down the try, were the only points of the first half.

The second half produced just one try from North lock Jack Webster after he broke through the South defence and crashed over.

After the presentation of the trophy the initial squad for the WA State U16 National Championships was announced with a total of 33 players from the State Championships and State Schoolboys teams chosen to continue through the trial process.

In the U14 competition it was the South team that took out the championship on a points coun tback after the teams split result on Monday and Wednesday and finished up today locked at 7-all.

It was a slow start to the game with no tries scored in the first half and barely any ground made in either teams 22 after poor ball security from both sides saw plenty of turnovers.

The second half produced better skill as Johnny Smith from the North crossed for the first try and Terrell Shortland-Berryman slotted the conversion.

Not long after South evened the scores with a try from Tom McCrone and a lucky bounce off the post allowing Jackson Anderson the conversion.

http://rugbywa.com.au/news/article,58687.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

juliak
    I see this match on last friday but i just see the Second Half so in The second half produced just one try from North lock Jack Webster after he broke through the South defence and crashed over.

vCash
    hahahahaha welcome juliak

when they keep glancing over at me i know they think iam cute and are checking me out -Kalafan 10/3/10

i have difficulty in my life. alot of girls like me but i cannot ask them out. i think they like me cause i am good looking and have a nice smile.- kalafan 3/7/10

FREE LINDSAY

Born TROLLIN

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    New GF, AH?

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.