Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Western Force 2011 squad

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    afaik drew hasn't signed with rebels but i read that he may go there. i think speculation on the part of the "journo" involved.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    They have another Mitchell

Lachlan Mitchell

Senior Player
    vCash
    Seeing as we have 2 or 3 very good halfbacks in Turner, Swanepoel and maybe Stannard, is playing Sheehan at flyhalf a possibility?

vCash
    stannard can play 10 as well

vCash
    Brett Sheehan has been suspended for 5 weeks due to verbal abuse against the referee in the warringah - west harbour match

good to see them setting a example, showing no player is above the law

vCash
    Probably a fair call too, he certainly seems to play after an overdose of angry pills!

C'mon the

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeJay View Post
    Seeing as we have 2 or 3 very good halfbacks in Turner, Swanepoel and maybe Stannard, is playing Sheehan at flyhalf a possibility?
    I doubt it. I think the Force would look at Bartholomeusz and JO'C (or game time for Hunt) before Sheehan.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Rookie
    vCash
    I was at the Warringah vs West Harbour game where Brett Sheehan got suspended and the refereeing was so poor that you cannot blame Sheehan for getting fustrated, I, as fan was so fustrated and for the first time in 20 odd years I had to yell at the ref Angus Gardner for his incompetence.
    He sin binned Pek Cowan, Tom Hockings and Brett Sheehan from Warringah as well as penalising them 14 times to West harbours 3 penalties!!
    Its was such a gutsy performance by the rats because they spent the whole second half defending. John Mitchell was at that game and he would have been impressed with all the Western Force players for there application.
    The same week, Julian Huxley when being interviewed on the ABC was scathing in his critiscism of the refereeing in his match and it was telecast on TV but he got away with scot free but a fustrated Sheehan in the heat of battle says a few things and gets suspended for 5 weeks, its a joke.
    I don't think Staphano Hunt is the player you guys all think he is, he has to leave Southern Districts and transfer to Norths because he couldn't get in first grade, I actually watched him play reserve grade (because I got to the game early) one week and he was playing 15 and he wasn't just an average player..

vCash
    There's neve any excuse to abuse a referee as a player, regardless of how poor his performance is

We have all been on the receiving end of poor ref performances
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash

Thumbs up 2011

Can someone tell me who has gone and who has stayed and any newcomers for next season........ bit losted who has sign who is thinking about it who we would like to get....? Sheehan (hookers/props ??? ) is he still here?

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jjk View Post
    I don't think Staphano Hunt is the player you guys all think he is, he has to leave Southern Districts and transfer to Norths because he couldn't get in first grade.
    x2. I think if he had played anywhere other than outside of JOC at school he would not be getting a look in at any franchise at this stage. So much hype, so much blind faith, but little shown to support any of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Endurance View Post
    x2. I think if he [Hunt] had played anywhere other than outside of JOC at school he would not be getting a look in at any franchise at this stage. So much hype, so much blind faith, but little shown to support any of it.
    It happens. Good players make others around them seem good too.

The alternative is that Hunt was good as a schoolboy, but hasn't made the step-up (yet?). That's pretty much the purpose of the academies - find out who has it and who doesn't.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    It happens. Good players make others around them seem good too.

The alternative is that Hunt was good as a schoolboy, but hasn't made the step-up (yet?). That's pretty much the purpose of the academies - find out who has it and who doesn't.
    I agree, which is why I was disappointed having a wasted spot for Hunt in the senior squad when he was/is an academy player at best. That additional senior inside back spot would of really come in handy last season.

vCash
    I agree, which is why I was disappointed having a wasted spot for Hunt in the senior squad when he was/is an academy player at best. That additional senior inside back spot would of really come in handy last season.
    Have you seen Hunt play?

I make my comments about him in total ignorance. I would make the same comments about any 10 in the academy (Kyle Godwin for example) when I say we need somebody to guide Hunt whilst he learns the trade, that's what I mean.

If he's as bad as you say, why is he in the academy at all, surely he would have proven himself out of the role after this much time?.......and if he's not the goods, everything I said about him, still applies to Kyle Godwin........or the next flyhalf candidate in our academy

C'mon the

vCash
    I thought Hunt was an academy player last season. If he'd been a senior squad player he should have been capable of stepping up when Pretorius got injured, rather than us trying Harris and Bart at 10 before landing Hill.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast