Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Richard Graham to take over

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Lets look at this another way.

knows who the Coach is for 2011 and 2012.

Does the Tahs and Brums know who theirs are to be?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    All good points Todd, but they are all based on Graham not being the right man for the job - which only time will tell. If you get the right candidate in the first round of interviews, why keep wasting time, money and potentially losing your candidate by drawing the process out.

Now of course if he is not the right man, it's a different story ...

JM did what he had to do.

Jombi - 2013, but Sharpe will still be playing in 2013

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    All good points Todd, but they are all based on Graham not being the right man for the job - which only time will tell. If you get the right candidate in the first round of interviews, why keep wasting time, money and potentially losing your candidate by drawing the process out.

Now of course if he is not the right man, it's a different story ...

JM did what he had to do.

Jombi - 2013, but Sharpe will still be playing in 2013
    It actually doesn't even hinge on the results anymore. It all hinges on the discussion in the boardroom. If Graham is the guy they chased, the guy they wanted and they got him, then poor performances will land pretty squarely on the board's shoulders. If however they WERE painted into a corner and Graham was the only option, then the blame is probably Mitch's.

I can see the logic behind people suggesting that Mitch's announcement would cause people to hesitate in signing, but really I don't think it would havee that much effect. Sure some people might be put off by the uncertainty, but I think those people would be put off about as much by the fact that his contract finishes at the end of next year anyway and the extension wasn't already signed. The board might have been forced to appoint now because recruiting for next year is a bit pedestrian, but I think I'd sacrifice next year's squad over putting an ordinary coach in the job for three or more years......there's a lot more to be lost there.

Anyhoo, there's not much point me banging on about it. I'm kinda on the fence, but my clairvoyant side is leaning towards Mitch being pushed, not jumping ship..........so it follows that the Graham solution was all cooked up by the board. (Did Graham have an association with Greg Harris by any chance?)

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    It seems that a lot people were suprised even alarmed when JM "reminded" everyone via the media that a contract he signed back in May 2007 was coming to an end and he wasn't seeking to re new. It was obvious back in 2007 that there would be news in the future regarding our coach post 2011.

Mitchell on board until 2011

By Fox staff writers
    May 04, 2007

WESTERN Force coach John Mitchell has re-signed with the Perth-based Super 14 team for a further four years, saying he is delighted to have become an "adopted West Australian".

The former New Zealand player and coach joined Force in March 2005 on a three-year deal after leading another disappointing All Blacks Rugby World Cup campaign.

The new contract will see Mitchell, 43, continue as the Force mentor until June 2011

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2