The signature of Scott Staniforth has given the Emirates Western Force a timely boost as they continue their recruiting drive for the 2011 season. The experienced back rejected several offers from rival Super rugby clubs to remain in the west and is buoyant about the prospects at the Force next season.

Staniforth cited football, family, work opportunities and life after rugby as key factors in his decision and while the NSW born Wallaby contemplated other offers he was delighted to be staying in WA.

“There were a couple of other offers around and it was tempting with family ties over on the east but we wouldn’t be staying if we didn’t enjoy it, as a family we’re really happy with the decision and we really enjoy the Perth lifestyle,” Staniforth said.

The club’s inaugural (2006) Player of the Year farewelled the Force faithful at the end of 2009 and headed to Japan but returned in 2010 to help ease the club’s mounting injury toll and proved a valuable asset in a variety of roles.

With 106 Super Rugby matches to his name Staniforth is looking forward to passing on his knowledge to the talented young brigade at the Emirates Western Force.

“I guess I’ve been around for a while now and part of the fun of playing the game is being able to assist in the development of the younger guys coming through. If I can contribute to their rugby growth in some small part it means a lot to me,” Staniforth said.

“You get to know the tricks of the trade the more years you play and I hope to be able to pass them on.”

Staniforth will play locally during the off-season and is looking forward to completing a full pre-season and getting to know his team mates in preparation for the 2011 campaign.

“I’ve basically played three seasons back to back so having a chance to freshen up and then get a good base in pre-season will be great.”

“Working with the boys before the season starts will also be a benefit. There were quite a few new faces when I came back in last season and I’m looking forward to working with those guys again and also the recruits we’re bringing in.

“I think the Force has the potential to be a great side, the performances in the latter part of last season proved that, and I know everyone wants to pick up from there and continue that improvement.”