Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cooper key to Anesi move

Rookie
    vCash
    There's probably no room in the Tahs for Anesi in 2011 if the squads have to be reduced to 30 as reported IIRR. There is a post about the Tahs 2011 roster on this link:

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/for...944#post156944

That post indicates that there is no room for Adam D'Arcy, who is in the Tahs Pro Academy. He's one of the gun fullbacks and goal kickers in the Sydney comp. The Force had a look at him a couple of times in camps last year and according to Adam were interested in him, but he backed himself to get into the Tahs.

He's a bloody good fullback, not only for Manly but also for the Junior Waratahs earlier in the year. Grab him.

PS - Could somebody do a similar player movement post for the Force? Thanks.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    He isnt coming.

Wallabies five-eighth Quade Cooper has ended long-running speculation over his future by announcing he will re-sign with the Queensland Reds.

In a massive relief for Reds coach Ewen McKenzie, Cooper said he would stay put once he finalises a new deal with the Australian Rugby Union (ARU).

Western Force had made a huge play for the 22-year-old following his brilliant Super 14 campaign, and Cooper admitted he looked closely at all options.

But he said the support of the Queensland Rugby Union (QRU) and his Reds teammates following a burglary charge late last year were a major factor in his decision.

"Timing is everything'' he said.

"The support the QRU has given me an my family and with the support networks I've got at Queensland, it would have been hard to walk away from them.

"It's a pretty big weight off my shoulders to secure my future with the Reds and exciting to see what's ahead.''

Cooper, who scored two tries in a man-of-the-match display in the Wallabies' 27-17 win over England, rode the crest of the Reds' wave this year to be named the Australian Super 14 player of the year.

AAP

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...002381,00.html

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Please don't look at Anesi

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Whats does people think of dragging aaron mauger out of retirement to play 10? running out of ideas and possibilities atm.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I'd like to see Andre Pretorius given a second chance. Surely his injury luck can't rule him out of a second consecutive season. I'd prepare the season as AP/JOC training up as 10s. Bartholomeusz and DHP playing as fullbacks. I would prefer Shepherd as a fullback if he stays but we don't have a whole lot of wing depth.

In terms of new players we probably only need one new lock, a winger or two and an inside back or two.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2