Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: PSA School rugby Refs

Champion
    vCash
    hu cares about 1st XV??? We still beat you!!!!!! You couldnt beat us in season 2006!!!!!! bahaha..... and our 1st XV lost in the last play of the game to you guys.....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    you guys are dirty, just wait to 07 buddy

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

Champion
    vCash
    ..........and what....watch u guys lose agen... u mite beat us... we are losing half our back line... inclueding the fastest centre in the psa (stupid football)

vCash
    I think the dirtiest school is Hale and Guildford. And if i remember the game i was watching last year, Hale's forward line was pretty over-rated, considering they had Ben Darwin helping out in there. The Scotch forwards dominated them quite easily. i look forward to watching it the two schools play next year. Maybe even ref-ing one of the games!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbeaver
    Scotch has 2 refs, one I think was an old boy.. but hes just crap anyway... and the other one is a bloody good ref... the 1st's and 2nds get Rugby WA Refs thou

All refs for games are RugbyWA Qualified and registered with the Referees Association. As a referee, i've got to defend my fellow refs by saying that you might think some refs are crap, but try going through the whole process. They see things much differently from you guys. Players might think it was a legitimate tackle or that they were onside, but the ref sees it differently, so you cant blame him. To be ref-ing a PSA game, it actually takes some reputation and skill involved to do it. Most PSA refs i know are actually quite good refs. And considering the amount refs are paid, its not alot. maybe just enough to pay for transport and a lunch.

And regarding the two scotch refs, i think i know both of them. One of them was an old boy who was in my year and i think he refs you guys(yr 8s and yr 9s) in most home games. He's an awesome ref, considering he only started ref-ing this year. And from the sounds of it, he's already making his way up the ranks in his first year. He was even chosen to ref a final for the WAJRU. The other ref is the brother of one of the scotch boys, and he comes from the Eastern States i think. I watched him ref before and i dont rate him highly at all. Or are you talking bout Pete. Cos Pete's awesome but i dont think he does Junior games.

Sorry, but i get a little ticked off when people say some refs are crap, but in fact, they dont know half the story. Give them a break.

Did anyone happen to watch the NSW Gordon rugby Club play WA state teams and Regional teams in Sept?

Last edited by gotheforce; 24-10-06 at 21:19. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Prospect
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gotheforce
    I think the dirtiest school is Hale and Guildford. And if i remember the game i was watching last year, Hale's forward line was pretty over-rated, considering they had Ben Darwin helping out in there. The Scotch forwards dominated them quite easily. i look forward to watching it the two schools play next year. Maybe even ref-ing one of the games!

All refs for games are RugbyWA Qualified and registered with the Referees Association. As a referee, i've got to defend my fellow refs by saying that you might think some refs are crap, but try going through the whole process. They see things much differently from you guys. Players might think it was a legitimate tackle or that they were onside, but the ref sees it differently, so you cant blame him. To be ref-ing a PSA game, it actually takes some reputation and skill involved to do it. Most PSA refs i know are actually quite good refs. And considering the amount refs are paid, its not alot. maybe just enough to pay for transport and a lunch.

And regarding the two scotch refs, i think i know both of them. One of them was an old boy who was in my year and i think he refs you guys(yr 8s and yr 9s) in most home games. He's an awesome ref, considering he only started ref-ing this year. And from the sounds of it, he's already making his way up the ranks in his first year. He was even chosen to ref a final for the WAJRU. The other ref is the brother of one of the scotch boys, and he comes from the Eastern States i think. I watched him ref before and i dont rate him highly at all. Or are you talking bout Pete. Cos Pete's awesome but i dont think he does Junior games.

Sorry, but i get a little ticked off when people say some refs are crap, but in fact, they dont know half the story. Give them a break.

Did anyone happen to watch the NSW Gordon rugby Club play WA state teams and Regional teams in Sept?
    Hi there mate I Played in the Gordon 14's and we thoroughly enjoyed the tour but we had a disgraceful ref in the state game which we had an apology given for by ex Gordon Player Mitch Hardy who is the WA Community Rugby Guy and 2 Development Officers who were coaching those state teams. Im a Ref as well but this guy was that bad u could see before the game something was going on he had a 30 minute chat with us and spent 30 seconds with your state team. Anyway it went like this that sunk us eventually after trying so hard to not let the referee in our way.

WA Made a clean break down the right hand sideline at Perry Lakes(Rugby WA Side) there was a forward pass seen by the referee on about 25 m away from the try line then a forward pass seen by the very very very young and inexperienced touchie they then dropped the ball and everyone basically stopped saying oh yeah we got away with that and then some guy who was annoyed at dropping it went over and slammed the ball into the ground very annoyed at dropping it he then blew time off and spoke with his touchie the referee said in clear hearing distance of all the players that he had seen the forward pass back on the 25m and then the touchie said he had also seen one on the 10m line the ref then walked over to the tryline and awarded the try. ( An Utter Disgrace ) We Then Lost 7-5 it seems fairly obvious the ref was defiently in the wrong on this case and tbh really needs to have a good hard look at himself and Rugby WA need to have a good hard look at him and consider whether he shall be allowed to referee this standard of rugby again.

Would appreciate any comments back.

vCash
    Referees in Brisbane dont no anything they should leave the country, Penalty tries should be awarded some times through being taken out and that and they choose to ignore even awarding a pentaly!

Champion
    vCash
    i no im one to bag the refs and try and play them but since starting umpiring my chosen sport in rugby preseason it has opened my eyes to how hard reffing any sport is. instead of complain about the reffering standards .. you should take a reffing course in ur sport of choice.. it will open ur eyes and ull have a different perspective on refs.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Never a truer word written pruc. I only got as far as being Touch Judge for the juniors but it isn't as easy as we think from the comfrt of an arm chair or leaning on the bar.
    Well done and I hope you keep going even if you only do it to help your playing/captaincy ability

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Champion
    vCash
    and if any sees an refs/umpires wearing a fluro green shirt... it means they are a learning.. new state government program called ironically 'green shirt program'. trying to encourage people to become refs. i woudl encourage people to give reffing a go. even if u just go to the course. lyk i said it will open ur eyes.

vCash
    Are they starting to make you wear fluoro green shirts now?! i thought that was only for the certified TJs and the refs would wear white shirts. But i totally agree with you pruc. Try not to bag the refs at the game, unless he's made like 10 shocking calls, then maybe he might deserve it a little.

Ref Marius Jonker deserves to be shot for the Aus vs ireland game.

Champion
    vCash
    yep fluro shirts.. sayin lookin at me im new try and umm respect me.. i found it funny when i was given it. i dont know if rugby is doing it but all the other sports i play -baseball/touch rugby. hav the green shirt program.

vCash
    THat guy that refereed australia vs the scots was the best referee we had all year, i rate him extremly high and i have never even heard of him. He go the thumbs up for that game.

vCash
    Yeah. He's that irish referee, Donal Courtney. I think he handled the scrums much better than Marius Jonker the previous week. I give him thumbs up as well.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4