Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wests Down Kalamunda

Apprentice
    vCash

Wests Down Kalamunda

what a great day down at rosalie park. wests showed they could cause some problems towards the end of the season and still could make it into the top 4.

after pushing cottesloe close the week before this was another good performance. kala didnt have there best game of the season and didnt really have much but they still didnt deserve to win the game.

also the whole day was a success really as wests turned over all kala teams i think. not bad for a club who were not considered as title chancers. i wouldnt write of wests just yet. if we can they can keep players fit and play a good style of rugby they may shock a few more teams.

yes they still have some young players but now they are geling this could be the basis of a quality team. did any one else see any other games over the weekend?

neddies was allways gonna happen. but cott what is happening down there.

soaks also are just staying in touch. but what is wrong with wanneroo close game with uni.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    .....it shouldn't give me this much pleasure to see this result.

Apprentice
    vCash
    well ecky why does it give you so much enjoyment to see this?

surely your not against kalamunda are you? biased ref?

it was good results for first and second grade. wests played well and will cause problems later on this season so watch this space

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    What happened to Cott is that they played a team as good as they are.

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    If you've poached as many players as Wests have, it takes a while for them to gel.

Apprentice
    vCash
    how many players have wests poached? i seem to see alot of people accuse them on here of poaching but the boys down there seem to of been there a while now.

all teams poach players. sometimes its the player that wants to leave so you cant allways accuse the club. sometimes they leave for better coaching as well.

there are not many local born perth players in this comp are there? lets be honest about this im not australian and i play first grade for a club in perth with not many australians at our club at all.

and the teams ive played against are all "brothers or cuzzys or solis" so lets be fair to say that there are alot of kiwis and islanders in the perth comp. sometimes not brilliant ones but players that lets say " beef up there rugby c.vs"

kalamunda have alot of foreign players and so do play and bayswater. im not accusing anyone of anything but the way the comp goes you are not going to produce local super 14 standard players.

this is why players go to sydney or brisbane to play senior rugby there. i have played there and the standard is much higher than here. they have no problem producing super 14 players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by w.a rugbyfan View Post
    well ecky why does it give you so much enjoyment to see this?
    I dunno why - maybe it's the thought of the looks on the faces of the Kala supporters at the end of the match.

Quote Originally Posted by w.a rugbyfan View Post
    surely your not against kalamunda are you? biased ref?
    (1) It's "you're not against", not "your not against"
    (2) Not at all - in fact I don't care which teams are playing; I just referee the game I get. I rarely remember whch team won from week to week because I really don't take any interest in the result. Actually I quite like refereeing at Hartfield, now I think about it.
    (3) If your team lost then I was a biased ref. If it won then I probably wasn't. That's the way it goes. That's why it doesn't matter to me which teams I referee.

Rookie
    vCash
    "soaks also are just staying in touch. but what is wrong with wanneroo close game with uni."

Why should something be wrong with Wanneroo? They won did they not? 14-8!

Apprentice
    vCash
    the money wanneroo have forked out this season i would expect them to be putting teams to the sword. that is all. uni are nothing great not saying they are shocking but wanneroo at home with the stars they have or have payed for should be putting 40 points on uni.

thanks again ecky for translating my retarded english. this is why i previously thought u was a school teacher.

maybe you could help out with the translation of some of the rulings from the current crop of first grade refs?

Rookie
    vCash
    Why do people keep putting Ecky up on my pedestal?

WA Rugby Fan - how much money has Wanneroo "forked out this season"? and what "stars" do they have? From what I've seen they don't have any stars so whatever money they have spent has not been spent wisely.

My mail is that they are still trying to poach players from other clubs even at this stage in the season. Are they that desperate to save the coach's hide?

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oracle View Post
    Why do people keep putting Ecky up on my pedestal?
    Thats easy - Because as a valued member of TWF Ecky provides an insight to being a referee and explains the laws of Rugby to people that ask him.

Unlike yourself that blows through here whenever there is nothing on TV with a chip on your shoulder and a stick up your butt.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    CALM YOURSELf

GRAB YOUR MATE!

Rookie
    vCash
    Thought I'd get a bite from you Mr Exile!

All I need now is for Mr Palitu to be the third man in.

Last edited by The Oracle; 08-06-10 at 09:45.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oracle View Post
    Thought I'd get a bite from you Mr Exile!

Please Mr The Oracle call me Exile or X if the urge should grab you, and I will call you Mr The or Maybe Mr O or perhaps The Big O. How about Roy Orbison.

Roy I was hoping that we would get a chance to talk again. I was wondering if you could share your thoughts on the incident in the Fiji test where Matt Giteau got taken out behind play. Do you think the Fijian player was treated fairly?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by .X.; 08-06-10 at 14:43. Reason: Typo's from using a mobile device

Rookie
    vCash
    Exile, unfortunately only saw the second half of the game. Understand that the Fijians were doing a bit of head-hunting in the first half and particularly targetting Giteau. He's a tough little bugger fortunately.

Probably a bit predictable as was the "roughening up" in the last quarter when the fijians knew it was all over.

These types of games are very difficult to manage as a referee and I thought the irish referee did a great job on the whole. He was left with the dilemma of being overly harsh early and perhaps adversely impacting the flavour of the rest of the game (don't forget he is being assessed and future appointments may hinge on his perceived performance in this match) versus giving the fijians the benefit of the doubt and hopefully being able to create a decent game of it.

You may have noted that there are very few red and yellow cards handed out in the early parts of rugby games and some players / coaches know this and play to it. Modern referee coaches generally coach to "manage" the situation rather than "bang" a player right upfront. I am old school and would have no hesitation in carding a guy early for taking an opposition player out dangerously or late.

The Wallabies did very well to maintain their discipline and keep the scoreboard ticking over.

Last edited by The Oracle; 08-06-10 at 17:51.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast