Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mates could lure Queensland flyhalf Quade Cooper to Western Force

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Mates could lure Queensland flyhalf Quade Cooper to Western Force

LURE OF FRIENDS: Quade Cooper (R) said the prospect of joining close mate James O'Connor at the Force could lure him west. Source: Getty Images

QUEENSLAND rugby star Quade Cooper has revealed that if he does sign for the Emirates Western Force next month it will be because of his close friendship with James O'Connor and David Pocock.

Cooper wasted no time catching up with his two mates in Canberra this week as the Wallabies prepared for last night's Test against Fiji.

All three are of a similar vintage, the next generation of Wallaby stars who would combine to give the Force a potent edge if Cooper does accept an offer from the Perth club.

"I have not decided yet, it's still up in the air. But a major factor if I did come to Perth is that two of my best mates play there," said Cooper of a friendship cutting across bitter interstate rivalries.

The Reds flyhalf and O'Connor, the Force fullback, were rooming together this week and Cooper clearly sees the two combining to create an explosive attacking cocktail.

"It's great to be back in the Wallaby environment and catching up with James, my roommate," he said.

"We're about the same age. OK, he is a bit younger and likes to think he is more mature.

"They're just a lot of fun to hang around with. We get on well and enjoy a similar style of footy, which is one of the reasons we get along.

"James and I like to use the ball and David keeps everyone in check. He is an amazing leader and someone that a guy like myself and the younger guys can look up to."

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    This story seems to suggest that the rumour mill is still smoldering , here's holding thumbs, Quade will be a great acquisition

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    nah forget it folks hes just playing with the media or taken out of context..
    he was probably asked something like " So Quade, What would make you move to Perth besides money...?"

not that note, ever notice that the journo's question is never published.. only the players reply???

vCash
    Still he was stood next to Pocock at the start of the Fiji Game - maybe he has been told to acquire some new friends

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    I don't want to speculate any more. If Quade comes it'll be good for us, if he stays it'll be good for the Reds, either way it'll probably be good for Aussie rugby and I don't think either move will hurt Quade.

Let's just get it over with, I'm sick of the speculation and rumour mongering!

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Agree with Gigs, but Id actually like to see him stay in Qld. His partnering with Will Genia will be where Australia builds its team over the next 10 years. Its like a new Bernie and Gregan.
    Id prefer to find someone a bit more stable, a Hill type of player, and leave JOC to be the playmaker of the team. And then get some local guys through the system.

vCash
    That's true, but I see JOC being the Wallaby 12 beyond this World Cup, so a 10-12 partnering at the force will improve that side of the team....it's all swings and roundabouts, as long as he doesn't come for the dollar, I'm happy either way!

C'mon the

vCash
    If, as many expect, Cooper stays with the Reds, then the reverse may occur and JOC may be lured back to QLD once off contract with the Force after season 2011. Then the Reds will have the 9,10, 12 trifecta

vCash
    I think with QC @10 and Rabbit @12 - regardless of what team they play for - defence could be a real problem. I think QC @ 10 needs a motherf***er tackler @ 12.

vCash
    Agree with tic.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tic View Post
    I think with QC @10 and Rabbit @12 - regardless of what team they play for - defence could be a real problem. I think QC @ 10 needs a motherf***er tackler @ 12.
    Rabbit's got no shortage of heart, all he would need is a couple of kilos for the extra sting.

I would think they'd work well together in defence, either that or one would play wider in the defensive line.

Personally, I think they'd both develop better apart, but it wouldn't hurt to have them together

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    OConnor was listed at 88kg for the Fiji game, that isnt that small. And since he is still only just 20, he will fill out a lot over the next 2 years - even next year he will be a lot bigger.

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Thats why Anthony Faingaa did so well this year did you see his tackle count!!

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Yes Anthony was outstanding and he really helped Quade's game almost as much as Will Genia did. It's a solid trio.

Anthony's form - particularly in defence - was very noticeable last year when he was playing for Souths in prem rugby. I believe that this was the origin of his form turnaround.

vCash
    Yes Anthony was outstanding
    One of the most improved backs in the country; probably only bettered by the two inside him. Looking forward to seeing him again tomorrow night. I think he can develop ijto a genuine contender for the Wallaby 12 jersey. Giteau definitely has a fight for his spot on a number of fronts.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast