Thread: Coach angry at Force's loss to Cheetahs

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Coach angry at Force's loss to Cheetahs

Coach angry at Force's loss to Cheetahs

By Justin Chadwick, AAP May 9, 2010, 12:51 pm

Western Force coach John Mitchell was left fuming after his team's shoddy skill errors handed the Cheetahs their 29-14 Super 14 bonus-point win in Bloemfontein on Saturday (Sunday morning AEST).
    The Force conceded four tries in the opening half - all a result of errors - as the home side raced out to a match-winning 26-7 lead.
    David Pocock scored a try in the 74th minute but it was too little, too late for the Force, whose only other try of the night came via Ryan Cross in the 21st minute.
    "I think they got an easy win, we gave it to them," Mitchell said.
    "While the Cheetahs deserved their win they didn't get it by building pressure.
    "We gave them those four tries."
    Skipper Nathan Sharpe was just as scathing.
    "In a game of Super 14 standard, perfect night for rugby, just far too many errors for us," Sharpe said.
    "At times the intent was there.
    "Basic skill let us down tonight.
    "That might have been through lack of patience when we were in a good position, poor decisions in crucial areas.
    "It's very disappointing but the pleasing thing for us is we've still got one more game to finish on a good note."
    Force halfback Justin Turner, making his run-on debut, was at fault for one of the tries but Mitchell said the 20-year-old would learn from the disappointing performance.
    "He's had a fantastic year and it's part of his growth," Mitchell said.
    "He'll learn from and take lessons from this performance.
    "Every player goes through situations like that so he has the ability to respond from the situation really positively, as does everyone in the team."
    Cheetahs right winger Bjorn Basson capitalised on the Force's errors by bagging a double while five-eighth Naas Olivier and halfback Sarel Pretorius were the other try scorers.
    The Force finish their season against the Sharks in Durban on Friday (Saturday AEST).

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/spo...s-to-cheetahs/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    so he should be. i know i am

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    I'm sure I will be angry when (if?) I watch teh game .....

vCash
    do you want to be frustrated beyond belief? if not, don't bother...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I think the boys can say goodbye to an easier last week of the season on tour anyway, I imagine they will be getting flogged all week!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Champion
    vCash
    i got the impression they were not switched on been having a good time.... trying to get a positive out of the game somehow.... Inman played well and he has a future in the green and gold better still in Blue. Charles played well too. Browny... I hope Deans didnt watch the game!!! he missed a heap of tackles.
    Hill and the rest of the back all very orginary (bar Inman)

vCash
    Coach it's not worth the time of day. If they play ANYTHING like that against the Sharks' they'll be blown out of the park. I hope the rest of the tour is one giant back breaking training session to shape their ideas up (not quite literally). It was just not acceptable.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Personally, I believe a true supporter should suck it up and watch every match, good or bad, as it will make the eventual Championship all the more sweeter having had the full ride, the agony and the ecstasy!
    Re-watch the bad losses and make that fire really burn!

Each to their own though…

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Apprentice
    vCash
    The first 1/2 was a debacle, Turner & Hill just didn't click, although the first try was off a fwd pass (take a look at the video). Ref was 5/10, but we were only a 4/10. 2nd 1/2 doesn't matter, we were stuffed by 1/2 time.

Bring-on next week, quickly.

(a.k.a. Mr Pinkbits) Stone Cold's Avatar
    vCash
    Turner still has much to learn by the looks...he was torn apart. We started to look a bit better when Chriso came on.

Inman had a cracker...big future there. Also thought Hodgo played out of his skin again. Any chance Crossy could have some bench time?

coz Stone Cold says so

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Personally, I believe a true supporter should suck it up and watch every match, good or bad, as it will make the eventual Championship all the more sweeter having had the full ride, the agony and the ecstasy!
    Re-watch the bad losses and make that fire really burn!

Each to their own though…
    I'm with ya Burgs, but that one hurt more than any other this year.......there was no excuse, up until this week, I thought our mental issues were all about a couple of highly paid passengers not wanting to do the hard yards......obviously they weren't the complete problem.

Gotta feel for JT, his confidence was shattered by that first crappy pass and he never pulled out of it. He'll be better for the experience, but it hurt.

I was a bit disappointed at the leadership group, who never managed to get over the team attitude that it was going to be a bit of a holiday and we can throw ridiculous passes with impunity.

We got hammered, run around and out-enthused.....we deserved to lose (ref was ajerk, but we wouldn't have come close anyway)

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    so he should be. i know i am
    I think "disappointment" would be an understatement...I hope our boys haven't "given up"....

vCash
    Watched the Sharks beat the Stormers - the Sharks looked REAL good. PLayed with a passion, next week they will be playing their last game in front of home crowd. The Force will need to turn up mentally and go hard right from the kick-off or it's going to be embarrassing....

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Seeings people like to read things into the mindset of our own team, I would suggest that the Sharks played their "Grandfinal" this weekend and may well find it hard to lift so soon after.

But then I think all that is generally horseshit and collective mindsets are the domain of journalists.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Champion
    vCash
    The only force boys playing well are those with the green and gold to strive for the others are just turning up to work..... the later I think they are looking forward to holiday's.
    Love to see a Wallabie B teams touring somewhere....... Air NZ cup.... Tour of the Shakey Iles..... Currie Cup..... anywhere to give them some desire and hope of the international status