vBookie Event: Giteau GONE for (Giteau GONE for?)
This event is over.

Outcome Odds Total Bets Total Staked
Nothing - slap on wrist 2/1 (3.00) 1 2000  
A fine of some sort 1/1 F (2.00) 0 0 WIN!
1 Week 2/1 (3.00) 0 0  
Any other time and a fine 3/1 (4.00) 2 12000  
Community service at a Rugby Club 4/1 (5.00) 0 0  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Giteau GONE for ?

vCash
    Any chance of seeing the directors cut at a later date?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by normie View Post
    Any chance of seeing the directors cut at a later date?
    no use even if it was a try the try was denied and the result is in the record books

vCash
    Having watched the game, it started with a poor decision by Walsh (Hoiles went down after a tackle but was not held and played on - Walsh ruled he was held and awarded a penalty). Hoiles then gave him a gobful - so Walsh marched him 10m. Hoiles kept going and the sniping kept going throughout the game from Hoiles.
    Walsh responded with (in my view) too much chat about what was right and wrong.

Now, I have never seen a ref change his view of the world after a player - captain or otherwise - has informed him how wrong he was.

Walsh did seem to be rattled and probably did react more than a ref faced with a d***head can afford to.

And, in the true rules of seventeen wrongs don't make a right, Gits then decides to mouth off to the press, Walsh gets shifted & Gits gets away with a paltry fine & Hoiles gets nothing!!

At the risk of seeming to suck up to Ecky, even if Walsh was wrong, there is a proper process - on-field and off - and the Ponies contravened all aspects of it.

I reckon if Walsh has paid a price for his loss of control (of himself), Hoiles and Giteau should have been hit (harder in Gits case).

'God invented beer to prevent Props from taking over the world'

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Can't agree more Timbo

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Yep, I'm on Timbo's side.

Let's face it, every ref's made a crap call in their lives, but you just have to get over it. and play the game, with the assumption that the ref didn't call badly through malice or favouratism, simply a mistake.

Hoiles on the other hand, took it personally, continued sniping and eventually probably was the main thing that ensured the 50% calls went against his team (because there's no way a ref who's been abused by the captain all game can fairly be expected to call the game straight) perception is an interesting thing. I always go home from a Force game and watch the replay pretty quickly. It's unerring, every time I watch a replay, I soften my opinion of the ref....perhaps it's the better angles that TV affords, or the super slow mo, maybe it's the lack of a sports ears which means on TV I can hear what the ref's saying. The fact is, if he thinks you're a dick, he's likely to ACTUALLY think you're milking penalties and trying to push him around and start looking for it......you'll get done!

I reckon it was a shabby performance for a Super 14 captain and Walsh (who didn't have a great game) has been shafted very cheaply!

C'mon the

vCash
    In my humble opinion , as I posted elsewhere..time Gitz was reminded he is NOT the Captain..and should pull his head in. If anyone argues or "debates the ref's decision/s it should be the Captain..(as in our boys..!! Bless them!!!)
    We have had some pretty darned awful calls..crikey really what team hasn't??? (??) but dicipline should prevail on the pitch.
    A suspension would have been over the top, but the fine was really a "slap on the wrist" but maybe will help to keep him reined in....
    The moral inside the Brumbie camp is "Low" apprantly..and there has been 'infighting"....just repeating what I have read..and guess who is right in the middle of this fracas..Well!! well !!!well !! Mr Giteau..now that DOES bring back memories..!!! He needs to grow-up and know his place..!!! Diplomacy and decorum is a part of the captains role,,he obviously has NONE!!!

---------- Post added at 19:27 ---------- Previous post was at 19:24 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    no use even if it was a try the try was denied and the result is in the record books
    Welcome to the Western Force World..how many have we had against us???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2