No sign of any humble pie being served but let's hear from the exspurts this week...

Clarkie previews Super 14 R12

By Greg Clark
Fox Sports .

Great to see the Western Force upset the Crusaders in Perth in front of a bumper crowd. Now the Force head to South Africa to play their final three games and they look to be well and truly out of wooden-spoon territory. In fact, they could finish with three wins on the road which would be a terrific result.

LIONS V WESTERN FORCE
If only the Lions could tackle. The men from Johannesburg have scored some great tries all year, but their defence is the worst in the tournament by a long way. They’re winless this year and their 10-game losing streak dates back to the final round last year. Only once has a team gone throughout the season without a win and that was the Bulls in 2002. The Lions look like they could join them in the record books.

Last week’s win by the Force over the Crusaders had me thinking about what might have been if it wasn’t for their horrendous injury toll in the first half of the year. After dropping their first six games they’ve now won three of their last four. While they won’t have a capacity crowd cheering them on, I’ll tip the Force to inflict even more pain on the Lions and get their tour off to a great start.

The Adjudicator gives his early take on week 12 of the Super 14

By The Adjudicator
foxsports.com.au
April 27, 2010

Lions v Western Force, Ellis Park, Sunday 1.05am (EST)
The Adjudicator says:

"What a nice, gentle introduction to a tour of the republic for the Force! The Adjudicator feels like starting a petition to get rid of the Lions. I know every competiition can have its whipping boys, but the Lions are seriously bad. If SANZAR just want to make up the numbers, they may as well bring in a Pacific Island team, or get Argentina involved. Better still, keep it at 14 teams next season with Melbourne coming in - but that's probably not going to help the competition either. Rarely has a team failed to put 50 points on the Lions this season and the suddenly confident Force should do a real number on them in Johannesburg."