Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: NRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    We now know why Waldron has always said that he would never poach any Storm players for the Rebels - no money could match what they were actually receiving!

Waldron has always been a bad egg - the truth is now seeping out.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    will they fold? can the storm go on after this...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Look - Rebels may as well keep Waldron. They're gonna get smeared one way or another anyway, they just managed to get it out of the way early!
    Yeah I'm sure the prospective sponsors and fans would love that attitude.

vCash
    he's never claimed to be either! hahaha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    he's never claimed to be either! hahaha
    Yeah I'm sure beige would love that attitude.

vCash
    are you talking in the third person for any particular reason?

vCash
    He's not answering that question.

vCash
    I heard on the wireless on the way home tonight that the Storm have been fined/prosecuted by the NRL for quite a few of the past season for salary cap infringements - presumably on the "official" set of books. Given this finding of the second set, I guess the NRL has to come down fkn hard.

While I feel for the Storm players, would it really be the case that they wouldn't know what has been going on?

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    would it really be the case that they wouldn't know what has been going on?
    mungo players - quite probable

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Its been suggested in the news here in Sydney that Waldron and others may face criminal charges

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Wooo.... Go the Storm my team.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    In terms of what has happened, arguably the biggest story in Australian sport this decade, absolute shocker. Perhaps it was being talked about in the mungo crowd but surprised that there was no real rumour and innuendo amongst the wider sporting public on all of this.

In terms of what will happen next, I guess for one they will have to take a machete to their playing list, unless the players involved are loyal enough to take massive pay cuts to see them through.
    Without extremely deep pockets from someone with long arms there would have to be a very real chance this will break the business. For starters they have to come up with the $1.x million in prize money to pay back to the NRL before they even worry about the future of operations.

In terms of running the team, as mentioned would be extremely difficult to motivate a "premiership performance" out of players knowing they are purely there to make up an even number of matches each week.
    The Coach may not have a say in the matter in terms of players once the dust settles however, a serious option would have to be to blood every Junior on the list and rest the Senior players that are left for the majority of the season I would have thought.

You would have to think the NRL was very close to banning them for the year, they effectively have anyway. It would only be the staunchest supporter who would bother to show up now, they don't love their sport THAT much in Melbourne.

Last edited by Burgs; 22-04-10 at 22:25.
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    I dare say there will be a fire sale at Melbourne at the end of the year unless they can talk the majority of their players into playing for less money. This deception is complex and premeditated. Players will still have Representative jerseys to earn in the next few months as that lines thier pockets.

But come July after the State of Origin series how long can you go on playing for pride?

The rumours of Melbourne breaching the cap have been consistant in some Mungo circles for years. How else can you hang onto a Star Studded line up for so long. At one stage not one of their lineup was not on Representative duty

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Look - Rebels may as well keep Waldron. They're gonna get smeared one way or another anyway, they just managed to get it out of the way early!
    No good can come of Waldrom continuing at the Rebels

As Biege indicated I can't see potential sponsors being happy doing business with the archiatect (I know it is only early days) of the biggest cheating scam in Rugby League history. News Ltd as owners of the Storm will be baying for blood as they have pointed the finger at Waldrom for possible Criminal charges and civil action.

This will not end well

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    if i was one of the players they would have to pry it from my cold dead fingers, because regardless of how much they were being paid. they would have worked their arses off to earn both the priemerships.
    The team awards need to handed back but the individual awards remain in the players hands. If the players keep the awards where is the pride in that? i can piture Cameron Smith or Billy Slater telling his grandkids about it now "those are the rings I won when we cheated our way to 2 premierships"

vCash
    Anyone looking for a good 5/8 could do worse than getting on the phone to Cooper Cronk.

The trail of decpetion seems to be lengthening. St Kilda Football Club are going to investigate Waldron's dealings during 3 seasons as their CEO prior to his appointment to the Storm position. Spider Evertitt is claiming he is still owed $100,000 from the pay out on his final year. Maybe he only got what was on the bogus books.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast