A REVITALISED Western Force is eyeing a third straight Super 14 win after finding its attacking flair in last week's bonus-point triumph over the Highlanders in Queenstown.

The Force notched just seven tries in their opening seven games of the season but unleashed a six-try blitz to defeat the Highlanders 41-27 on Saturday.

Wallabies No.8 Richard Brown said the return of several experienced players, including himself, fellow backrower David Pocock and winger Cameron Shepherd, had been influential in the team's change of fortunes.

"I think at the start of the season we knew what we were capable of but it was just unfortunate with injuries we couldn't show it,'' Brown said ahead of Saturday's clash with the Blues in Auckland.

"But now we've got to make hay while the sun shines while we've got a fit and healthy team to choose from.

"We are getting close to a full-strength team and we've always had a good squad so it's good for that to happen to finally score a lot of tries.

"I think we weren't getting reward for a lot of hard effort and it paid off against the Highlanders.

"I think the last month the boys have really stiffened up.''

The Force will be bolstered this week by the return of winger Nick Cummins from suspension but halfback Brett Sheehan (hamstring) and winger Scott Staniforth (calf) are still out through injury.

Brown damaged his shoulder in the round one loss to the Brumbies and was forced to watch on for the next five games as the Force stumbled to six straight losses.

"It was very frustrating to watch,'' Brown said.

"I felt a bit responsible because I couldn't be out there.

"It's good just being on the paddock and contributing for once and not watching on.''

Brown said keeping his place in the Wallabies set-up was still his major aim.

But the bustling 25-year-old said his focus for the moment was helping the Force finish the season strongly.

"That would be nice (to keep my spot in the Wallabies side) but it doesn't come without playing some good, hard football first,'' he said.

"Even if I wasn't in Wallabies contention I'd still be looking to play well regardless.

"The Blues are a really physical side and we'll have to play well to beat them.''

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/ret...-1225852906255