Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A great game No negative posts please

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    No news either way as yet Jombi, pretty sad really, a really respected and active community member.

Unfortunately my net speed is inferior to that which the average pharaoh enjoyed but I did use that method a couple a weeks ago when was in a wifi zone.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Champion
    vCash
    Great game boys .... but hey I enjoyed seeing the back drop of the those mountains (homesick althrough the game!!!!!) esp when the air nz jet went across the fox screen... well done EWF
    Can we restart the season now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDAVEY View Post
    but hey I enjoyed seeing the back drop of the those mountains (homesick althrough the game!!!!!) esp when the air nz jet went across the fox screen...
    If I ever go to NZ then I will definitely have to go and watch a game there It is so Beautiful

Champion
    vCash
    iN THE PAPER TODAY IT SAID HUNT CAME ON........ I MISSED THAT IF SO?

Great to see Crossy break the advanatage line, makes a change impressed ion Inman like to see him with JOC inside him. The line will be tested aganist the BLUES i am afraid Brett/Rockacooa/Ranger and Co have some penetration and their forwards are cruel.......win or lose this game on Sat is the test for the season and good show here will bring them home with a spring in their step

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    A negative post from me, I was busy judging at a gymkhana in town, which involved a very popular senior local rider falling and probably finding out today if it is going to be fatal or not (odds aren't very good at all...), and only got the match result at 11pm last night (thanks Happy ) and now going to have to be up by 6am to get over to the mine in time to watch the replay as it is the only half respectable replay time slot all week...
    GO THE FORCE!!!

bugger.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    To make matters worse, turns out I am sitting over here watching a doco as it is tomorrow morning that is the replay

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash

vCash
    Sorry to hear about your friend Burgs, hope he comes through OK.

Is the doco any good??

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDAVEY View Post
    iN THE PAPER TODAY IT SAID HUNT CAME ON........ I MISSED THAT IF SO?
    bit hard seeing as he played for soaks...
    they mean sam harris

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Sounds like they are flicking the switch today once the family get down Elf, all very sad.

Doco was about making dinosaurs...WTF!?!?!
    Maybe good for behind enemy lines if you teach them how to wear a parachute...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Rookie
    vCash
    The force played pretty well against the highlanders particularly the last 20 minutes. How good were Justin Turner and Sam Harris. Turner played really well and Harris's mid field running was very good. His half break then pass to Pocock leading to Turner's try and his other break leading up to Cross's try, it was really good to watch. Mitch Inman yet again had a really quite game.
    This week sees the return of Nick Cummins, not sure where you'd put him, probably take Haylett Pety's spot on the bench.
    It was so good to watch the way played in the last 20 minutes.

(a.k.a. Mr Pinkbits) Stone Cold's Avatar
    vCash
    Woohoo! Awesome effort boys. Forwards were outstanding (nice work Pek - don't take any crap)

Yay Sheps is back! It shows that we have missing someone who has genuine finishing abilities...and now he's back

Cross - was pretty poor early on (got a few serves from yours truly) but then remembered to stand deep and run onto the ball into gaps. It was very good viewage to see Cross regain some form and score tries.

Loved watching Harris hit the gaps and make metres. Brilliant straight running. That's what he is for.

It is so good having the team back together. Imagine if we had this team at the start of the year!?

coz Stone Cold says so

vCash
    I am very sorry to hear that news Burgs, my thoughts are with you.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Not feeling particularly negative about that performance, but it was lucky we were playing the Highlanders. Against almost anyone else we would have been annihilated in the first half, being well beaten at the breakdown, lacking any conviction going forward and reverting to a kicking game. The breakdown wasn't a failure from the back row (although I don't remember Brown featuring much), but just a lack of support. It was greatly aggravated by the second point though, with everyone seeming taking the ball flatfooted, decelerating into contact and being dominated as a result. It is in turn what seemed to lead to the kicking, which wasn't bad in itself but did mean that a predominance of territory couldn't be capitalised on because the opposition had the ball.

What was encouraging was the impact from the bench and the boldness of the changes. Suddenly players were as aggressive in attack as defence, running onto the ball, there was quick recycle rather than players standing over the ball looking around for options and holes started being made almost at will. But it wasn't that the players were better, just that the whole team suddenly seemed to click into gear, suddenly got confident and went into attacking mode. Even the commentators (who generally weren't up to much) commented on the difference once they started backing themselves and attacking with ball in hand. It is going to need to look a lot like that next week from the start, otherwise the Blues will wreak some havoc.

But overall, constantly and increasingly impressed by the way the younger players have stood up and grabbed their opportunity. They really don't look out of place, do they?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jjk View Post
    This week sees the return of Nick Cummins, not sure where you'd put him, probably take Haylett Pety's spot on the bench.
    Easy, Barty's wing, throw Bart to the bench for DHP......more difficult would be where to fit Spanner now, do we have Spanner at 12 and a back three of Shep JOC and Cullett or throw Spanner to the wing and JOC to 12?

Hmmmm decisions decisions!

C'mon the

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast