Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Push for Aussie to coach Force

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    Yeah, maybe, but it's every Aussie's job to get Kiwi's to hate them

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jombi View Post
    Is everyone forgetting that Nucifora coached the blues and they all hated him? Ali Williams went to Canterbury just to get away from the bloke.
    yes a wonderful character ali williams is

Champion
    vCash
    Player coach for 2011 Spanner and Sharpie with Tai as the game day and assittant......... work on passion and comittment!!! to get them over the line

Highlanders are in for a Hiding... Go the force u good thing

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jombi View Post
    Is everyone forgetting that Nucifora coached the blues and they all hated him? Ali Williams went to Canterbury just to get away from the bloke.
    Good call Haji. Look anyone who isn't willing to put up with Williams' shit is gold standard in my books. Williams was the only person who he seemed to have issues with and lets face it Williams is a tool. He was a good example of what was wrong with the Blues- some awesome players but a completely rotten culture.

Nucifora would be a good call because he has spent so long involved with the ARU and he has been working with the U20s. He knows the young talent, has a good relationship with them and has the reputation (as being successful if a little hard edged) to bring them in.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Regardless of who ever is eventually appointed, it should go to the best person who applies for the job regardless of whether they are Australian or not

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    True... but the reality is that the best coach would need to know the star young talent going around and be able to relate to the players by understanding their culture and those are more likely from an Australian.

vCash
    Yeah, I can see value in having an Aussie coach...they'll fit better with the culture of the kids they're developing, and also have links to existing club infrastructure to help with recruiting........If we can get a decent Aussie Coach, we should do it, if there's a foreign coach who can do a better job I wouldn't be opposed though.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    True... but the reality is that the best coach would need to know the star young talent going around and be able to relate to the players by understanding their culture and those are more likely from an Australian.
    I understand that, but like GIGS said, if there is a better qualified foreign coach it should not be opposed just because of him being from overseas.

John Mitchell has done well identifying young talent without being an Aussie

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I understand that, but like GIGS said, if there is a better qualified foreign coach it should not be opposed just because of him being from overseas.

John Mitchell has done well identifying young talent without being an Aussie
    Ohh look I completely agree. Except maybe that our first two CEOs helped John out a lot with the young talent.

I think that there are enough quality Australian coaches that if you wanted someone better qualified you'd pretty much have to go with someone who had international experience and who does that bring to mind? Can anyone think of three coaches not from Australia that they'd like to have? It's a struggle, and then most of those are pretty committed as they are.

vCash
    Not really for me. My main point was the original article saying it must be an Australian, also remember the situation from when JM was first appointed coach of the Force

Just pick the best credentialled candiate and get on with the job

vCash
    I'm not so fussed on where the coach comes from, although being Australian would be a plus. Their attitude towards the Force and the expansion of the game in WA would have to be a major consideration. If they thought the Force was a bad idea and that expanding the game in WA isn't the way forward, there's no point considering them for the job.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    Sometimes a foreign coach can bring new attitudes and outlooks to a club. Do you want the Force to play like the Tahs?

Why does the head coach have to be the one to identify future talent? That's what a scout is for. The head coach leads a team of coaches which develop talent into a team.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Nucifora is a powerful man in the world of Australian rugby. I am not sure he would want to give up that power to return to the Super 14 coaching ranks, unless he could quarantine some of his ARU interests - which may not be possible due to the conflict if interest. However, having someone like Nuci batting for us as our coach would be great in terms of the fair treatment he may be able to broker for the Force, which we haven't had to date.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Ewen McKenzie has set himself up as the next Wallabies coach. Nucifora, despite his powerful position, would probably also very much like the job (having applied last time). You pretty much won't get the job unless you've been coaching Super 14 and McKenzie isn't leaving any time soon, nor would Nuci want to go back to the Brumbies. That would really only leave two options.

vCash
    Last chat I had with Sharpie, he indicated he would love to stay in Perth when he hangs the playing boots up, in some sort of coaching capacity...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast