Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: QC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    one thing is for sure, if this is true and he does take the bait... its a VERY bad thing for the Reds and QRU, so im not surprised that Tic & Tocc are fizzing about this.
    your missing the broader picture, its bad for the game in Australia.

Fact is that QLD is the second largest generator of revenue for rugby union in Australia, you keep pissing on the state and its only going to decerease interest in the game in this state and overall reduce revenue.

---------- Post added at 16:22 ---------- Previous post was at 16:21 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tdevil View Post
    I recall seeing an article last year on Rocky getting $150k + match fee only $3k + 3rd party sponsor $100k compared to JoC $110k + $50k match fee, so I guess that(match fee) is where the force will make up the money to get Cooper over here and then if you throw in 3rd party sponsor......makes a difference
    no, clubs cannot pay more for match fees, they are set for all s14 teams in a agreement between rupa and the aru

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    your missing the broader picture, its bad for the game in Australia.

Fact is that QLD is the second largest generator of revenue for rugby union in Australia, you keep pissing on the state and its only going to decerease interest in the game in this state and overall reduce revenue.
    So Westralia should prop up failed states again?

Let's not forget that the QRU put themselves in this hole, it wasn't a big bad Perthfonteinian knocking over buildings. Hell one of the reds biggest draws (Rodney Blake) wasn't even offered a contact!!!

You've got a big coal sector out there with lots of money aswell, it's a failure of lobbying by both the QRU and it's interests (that includes the fans) to keep the money in QLD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jombi View Post
    So Westralia should prop up failed states again?

Let's not forget that the QRU put themselves in this hole, it wasn't a big bad Perthfonteinian knocking over buildings. Hell one of the reds biggest draws (Rodney Blake) wasn't even offered a contact!!!

You've got a big coal sector out there with lots of money aswell, it's a failure of lobbying by both the QRU and it's interests (that includes the fans) to keep the money in QLD.
    Jeez mate, wake up and smell the roses

do you honestly believe that WA generates enough in TV revnue to actually meet the salaries of there players....

RugbyWA receives a $4.2million grant to meet there S14 match payments, on top of that you could throw a extra $3million for the wallaby match payments who play with the Western Force. WA with its next to nothing S14 and Test match TV audiences if sold independantly would not generate enough to pay for the salaries of those players.

Where does it come from?
    From NSW and QLD thats where.

BTW, Blake was offered a contract so get your facts sorted before arguing with the big boys.

vCash
    Jeez mate, wake up and smell the roses

do you honestly believe that WA generates enough in TV revnue to actually meet the salaries of there players....
    I'd be surprised if any side generated enough in TV revenue to meet their salaries considering it's only on PayTV. Even the Toyota Cup out rates some aussie S14 games because most of the Foxtel subscribers are in Sydney & Melbourne.

RugbyWA receives a $4.2million grant to meet there S14 match payments, on top of that you could throw a extra $3million for the wallaby match payments who play with the Western Force. WA with its next to nothing S14 and Test match TV audiences if sold independantly would not generate enough to pay for the salaries of those players.
    ??? Perthfontein has always sold out wallaby matches at Subi (I don't know how since Subi is terrible and the boks win half the time!), and Seven have always shown wallaby matches delayed because they clash with the weekend news, which is practically the highest rating progam in Perth. With Nine taking over we can expect that to change now since they basically have nothing to lose for games that are over east/NZ.

Where does it come from?
    From NSW and QLD thats where.
    Where did that come from I think you mean. The fact is that the QLD Rugby fans have basically turned into Melbournites for any sport outside of AFL, they show up when the clubs win and then piss off when they lose.

The force' lowest crowd has been what? 15k at Subi? Then you have Suncorp which has looked as bad as Dunedin for some matches. I realise I may sound like a wanker, but it is survival of the fittest as far as I'm concerned. QLD had a proud Rugby history and then they blew it, then they blew it again. They finally started to rebuild and they still managed to blow it with Connolly pulling the strings to get Mooney in. Will they blow it this time? Who knows but their administration/fans shouldn't blame the force if they manage to lose one of their best players. You're very lucky that you managed to keep Iaone after he signed on thinking Mooney would be the coach, which was a reason he stayed.

It is just moronic when people say players should be loyal to their clubs, when clubs are only loyal if it's in their best interest. It's not 1972, it's 2010.

BTW, Blake was offered a contract so get your facts sorted before arguing with the big boys.
    I'm talking about when he wanted to come back to QLD, he was not offered a contract.

vCash
    ahh, where do i start..

Test matches are delayed into Perth because of there poor ratings, which again supports my comments about WA lacking the supporter base to generate enough broadcast revenue to even pay the wages for there players.

I raise this point becuse you felt it necessary to mention that WA is propping up the other states, which is not the case when it comes to rugby, the large majority of revenue in rugby is generated in QLD and NSW and as a result is not been propped up by WA, but the ones who are propping WA up.

As for Blake, once again i suggest you get your facts sorted. Blake left QLD in 2008 for a 2 years contract.. Which means that is has is still under contract to Bayonne until the end of this T14 season.

Listen, your enthusiasm is commendable, but dont go making up stories or rumours, it just undermines your credibility.

vCash
    Oh im VERY aware of the bigger picture TOCC but all im feeling from you right now is some serious angst... which is fine as i said your entitled to it if the rumours are true...(which i dont think they are.)

Ive already stated earlier in this thread that bringing Quade to WA is bad for the overall game for a number of reasons but your so emotional right now i think you forgot.. cheer up buddy, it aint over till the fat lady in the Force jumper sings

vCash
    Test matches are delayed into Perth because of there poor ratings, which again supports my comments about WA lacking the supporter base to generate enough broadcast revenue to even pay the wages for there players.

I raise this point becuse you felt it necessary to mention that WA is propping up the other states, which is not the case when it comes to rugby, the large majority of revenue in rugby is generated in QLD and NSW and as a result is not been propped up by WA, but the ones who are propping WA up.
    TOCC - albeit that I can see losing Quade may raise the temperature a bit, perhaps following your own advice may help.

Firstly, the broadcast delay is because, with Eastern States matches being scheduled for sensible local attendance times, they clash with news broadcasts in WA which no TV station will delay - not because of poor ratings per se.

Secondly, there is a distinct difference between revenue and profit. One part of an organisation which brings in lots of money but spends more than that is running at a loss - another part of the organisation which is smaller but running at a profit is propping up the bigger part. Fundamental laws of business.

If its any consolation, I too think this is more about a media beat up than reality and that QC will be staying at Redsville.

'God invented beer to prevent Props from taking over the world'

vCash
    ahh, where do i start..

As Timbo said above, it's not about poor ratings - it is about going on at the sametime with something that has the highest ratings in the state. You're using specious reasoning which doesn't apply in this situation.

I was making the point that WA is propping up the other states in EVERYTHING! Hell just look at Rudd's health system overhaul proposal, most of the money will be coming from WA because we produce the most GST revenue.

The ARU gets most of it's money from the SANZAR/News corp deal. That is a set amount for the country, not individual states/provinces. So saying QLD/NSW generates more at the gate is something that you would have to produce numbers for, if you expected anyone to believe it.

And how much did ANZ Stadium (if that is what it's still called pay the 'tahs to play Canter there? Does that count as gate takings or PayTV revenue? How exactly do you work out the numbers?

As for Blake, once again i suggest you get your facts sorted. Blake left QLD in 2008 for a 2 years contract.. Which means that is has is still under contract to Bayonne until the end of this T14 season.

Fair enough, I'm pretty sure I read that was a 1+1 contract, but if I was wrong I was wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    one thing is for sure, if this is true and he does take the bait... its a VERY bad thing for the Reds and QRU, so im not surprised that Tic & Tocc are fizzing about this.
    I disagree Zimeric. If he goes, The Reds produce another quality flyhalf and Quade is exposed as a hollowman without much character.

Money can blind a young man's reality, I guess.

The Reds will be OK without him. Remember how the sky was going to fall in, because Sooky left us at the end of last year? Now it's a case of "Berrick who?"

vCash
    Cringe....

Jombi, once again do some research, WA does not generate the most GST revenue, that honour goes to NSW, then Vic, then QLD and then WA

as for the rest of your comment, well mate I'm sick of corecting you so I'm not going to bother
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Cringe....

Jombi, once again do some research, WA does not generate the most GST revenue, that honour goes to NSW, then Vic, then QLD and then WA

as for the rest of your comment, well mate I'm sick of corecting you so I'm not going to bother
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Have a read mate; http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...u&client=opera

You also might want to look up the definition of revenue.

And there is no need to get testy with me, I'm not the one in the negotiation room with Cooper and his agent!

Champion
    vCash
    TOCC if Greg G writes this it must be true!!!!!........ ET mining behind the deal... QC goes on their payroll as a marketing/PR manager draws salary end of story.... TOO EASY (MAYBE)

GREG GROWDEN
    April 16, 2010

RUCK AND MAUL

Wanted man...the Force are boosting their "extraordinary deal" will lure Quade Cooper from the Reds. Photo: Reuters
    A massive offer from the Western Force to lure the Queensland Reds five-eighth Quade Cooper to Perth next season is bound to cause major conflict within Australian rugby ranks. According to our snouts, ‘‘the alarm bells are ringing’’ at Australian Rugby Union headquarters following complaints from two Australian Super 14 franchises that the Force appear to be back in the business of brokering third-party deals, but in a well disguised way. It is believed the proposed deals involve a stand-alone company. At a time where austerity is being pursued, the ARU will not allow provinces to use third-party deals to lure players from any other Australian teams. Nonetheless the Force have let it be known they are offering Cooper an ‘‘extraordinary deal’’, which Queensland will be unable to match. It is understood Reds officials have been told there is no point even trying to match the offer, because the Force’s ‘‘pockets are so deep’’. This has prompted concerns of another player salary explosion, and that the Force, who got into an enormous mess with third-party deals involving Firepower several years ago, are again contemplating taking a maverick approach in signing players from elsewhere. This development will put enormous pressure on certain high-ranking Force officials, who have stated they would be personally responsible if the franchise offended again. There are, understandably, concerns in Queensland that they will lose Cooper after being so heavily involved in his development and recent rehabilitation. Adding to the uncertainty is that Cooper is to appear in court in July on burglary charges

vCash
    Fact is that QLD is the second largest generator of revenue for rugby union in Australia
    ORLY? How much revenue did QRU generate last financial year?

I didn't know companies were put into receivership if they generated TOO MUCH income!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    ORLY? How much revenue did QRU generate last financial year?

I didn't know companies were put into receivership if they generated TOO MUCH income!
    thats not what i was talking about

Think about companies which sponsored teams because of there exposure into QLD and NSW as opposed to WA.. Think about the revenue generated for Foxtel from subscriptions to Super14 in QLD and NSW as opposed to WA. Think about the value of a broadcast deal in QLD and NSW as opposed to WA...

vCash
    Think about companies which sponsored teams because of there exposure into QLD and NSW as opposed to WA.
    Would that be Queensland Rail and HSBC as opposed to Emirates and Volvo, or have I missed the point again?
    . Think about the revenue generated for Foxtel from subscriptions to Super14 in QLD and NSW as opposed to WA.
    OK, sure, show me the figures where it states how much revenue Fox generates in those specific states as opposed to WA.....I think you'll find there's no state-by-state breakdown of rugby ratings by Fox. I'm not sure why that is, but I haven't seen one, so I'd be delighted to be proven wrong here.

The fact is it's NATIONAL exposure that Fox and ARU report and therefore what they worry about.
    Think about the value of a broadcast deal in QLD and NSW as opposed to WA...
    I don't see your point, are you suggesting that a state with a well established and passionate, high quality club system, three rugby league teams all broadcasting free-to-air and prime time and a similar (OK not exactly the same but close) population will fare better than a state where you need to subscribe to Pay TV or shares in Red Bull to see even test rugby. I can't follow the logic, there are far more reasons why a rugby follower in WA would choose to subscribe to Pay TV to get there fix, so surely that would redress much of the imbalance, especially considering that Suncorp is only getting crowds because the Reds have started winning!

C'mon the

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast