Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: QC

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I don't know BeeJay I reckon this one is the wake-up call big enough for him to clean up his act but probably not big enough to put the final nails in his coffin.

I doubt Cooper is close to signing with anyone. The ARU component is bound to be a big part of his contract and it would be very foolish to commit yourself to a S15 side before you sign on with the ARU since that would give them the power to give you whatever they want (since you'll be playing in Australia anyway). The ARU won't be giving him a contract until this court business is taken care of so I doubt anyone will know anything until July.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    I hope he stays with the Reds. The way his combination with Genia has developed has been a pleasure to watch. Anthony Faainga is coming along very nicely too. I'd prefer to see our young inside backs given the same chance to develop over the next couple of seasons. Maybe they will be the next lot to pressure for Wallabies selection post 2011.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Wallabies selection
    Force come first mate!

If we don't sign Cooper then what? Hunt is probably 2~ years off for a starting flyhalf spot, as much as I love Hill he is getting on a bit and was just supposed to be a stop-gap like Pretorious, and Harris can't kick.

If the club is paying the same amount as anyone else and the extra is coming from 3rd parties, then I see no reason why we shouldn't sign him, assuming he isn't in jail of course!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jombi View Post
    They said he has been offered a big chunk of change to sign with the force, and the reds are scrambling to try and match it.
    I was a little offended by the lambasting the Force got in that bit of the show......they bagged the shit out of the Force based upon an unsubstantiated ruomour that he was close to signing, no mention of why, basically assumed it was a shitload of money, then went on to suggest that Qld should throw even more money at him.......good for the goose boys, Maybe Qld should point out the many reasons why he should stay, maybe the Force are leading the race by doing exactly that.

I'm not saying snagging Quade is necessarily good or bad, just that the double standard smacks of crappy journalism.

TBH I reckon Quade would do best to continue building the combination with Will, but he might grow up more by moving to Perth.

C'mon the

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I just hope whatever decision he makes it isn't because of the money. There are plenty of good reasons to stay in Queensland but then are also plenty of good non-money related reasons to come to Perth.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jombi View Post

If we don't sign Cooper then what?
    JO'C

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I hope he stays with the Reds. The way his combination with Genia has developed has been a pleasure to watch. Anthony Faainga is coming along very nicely too. I'd prefer to see our young inside backs given the same chance to develop over the next couple of seasons. Maybe they will be the next lot to pressure for Wallabies selection post 2011.
    YEP, I agree.

vCash
    JO'C
    Well then that just leads to more questions.

If we move O'Connor to flyhalf we would need a traditional second five, and who is that? Is Cross dropped altogether?

vCash
    I'd like to see Cooper stay alongside Genia. I also think JO'c is a good prospect for 10 if he stays here for another contract. That's not to say we have all the answers for our inside backs or that we don't still need to recruit and build.

vCash
    signing with the force would honestly be the worst thing for australian rugby..

Where does that leave QLD, without a 5/8, losing 2 international 5/8's in 2 seasons would be to much. QLD would be cellar dwellars for another few years..

What all the disenchanted QLD fans walk away from the game if this happen

vCash
    Is the case that Cooper signing will also settle Pocock and O'Connor here?
    If so then, sorry, but the Force must come first.

vCash
    Im Sorry guys, I am a passionate Force Supporter but firmly believe that Country comes before Club.. QC will fare better working with Genia than he will having a party out here in the West. The Force dont need him to win the Super14, they need to develop the talent they already have.. A'la Hunt, O'Connor, Turner, Inman etc
    If we are to help deepen the playing pool for the wallabies and all 5 franchises it does not pay to hire mercenaries.. cmon I thought we'd all learnt from the whole Committee debacle.. what makes you think another show pony like QC will be any different to the last one we had?

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    signing with the force would honestly be the worst thing for australian rugby..

Where does that leave QLD, without a 5/8, losing 2 international 5/8's in 2 seasons would be to much. QLD would be cellar dwellars for another few years..

What all the disenchanted QLD fans walk away from the game if this happen
    Loyality to a team is gone TOCC sorry..... ITS BIG MONEY AND THEY MUST MAKE HAY WHILE THE SUN SHINES. .....it shines alot in the west and he would be able to keep away from the media (Brisbane media are pretty ruthless.... ! and hassles and enjoy what the west has to offer..... Hynes can come along too if he wants

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDAVEY View Post
    Loyality to a team is gone TOCC sorry..... ITS BIG MONEY AND THEY MUST MAKE HAY WHILE THE SUN SHINES. .....it shines alot in the west and he would be able to keep away from the media (Brisbane media are pretty ruthless.... ! and hassles and enjoy what the west has to offer..... Hynes can come along too if he wants
    its nothing more then a cheap thrill like going to the hookers on a saturday night

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I'm with you Zim.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast