Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Here come the Force!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SinBin View Post
    Great to see JOC get one over Habana - he prides himself on defence and JOC showed him up
    Habana was playing like shit......I was in the block right in front of his stuff up and he looked like his head wasn't in the game.......so I waited till everything got quiet and congratulated him........he heard me too!

Bekker was also right in front of us when he blew up after stuffing up that lineout, we gave him a serve as well.

MiniGIGS almost caught the footy off a penalty kick

Did I mention i LOVE my seat!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Great result and deserved, even though I hate drop goals! Crowd were fantastic, I doubt there is a more enthusiastic and loyal support anywhere! Well done to the boys and to the support.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    Great to see JOC get one over Habana - he prides himself on defence and JOC showed him up

I jumped of my seat when he threw Habana of him. JOC is very strong for his size!!

vCash
    Great to have Bm Bam and Brownie back, but I'm even more excited about the chance of Shep coming back next. He's been our biggest loss this season, IMO. Without Shep we've had to play Rabbit at 15. Others have been tried but generally have been found lacking. Having Shep back will let Rabbit concentrate on 12 and distribute the ball the forwards win.

vCash
    Well played Force great result!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Highlanders are looking pretty sharp first half today.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Rookie
    vCash
    What a great win! The forwards were so good, I reckon that was the best forward pack with reserves we have had all year and surprise surprise we won. Whittaker and Charles were good, Cowan and Fairbrother were good, it was a very good performance by the forwards. With Brown starting next week the Force can only be better.
    The backs on the other hand, goodness me, how poor were they. I understand what everyone is saying about Ryan Cross, he doesn't look interested at all. Mitch Inman is very one dimensional, he offers nothing in attack, I don't understand how someone so big can be so ineffectual in attack, Bart had a disappointing game I thought, JOC, Hill and COY all had good games. I was surprised Harris wasn't used again, surely with recognised 10 and 15 he would be a better option at 12 than Cross.
    The one good thing about this season is the amount of youngster been given a go at Super 14 level, Swanpoel, Turner, Postal, Charles etc.
    With John Mitchell already announcing he is leaving should the Force look for a coach for the 2012 season so there is a transition from Mitchell to the next guy.
    A couple of guys that could be good are Todd Louden, Brian Melrose, Bill Millard, John McKee. I'd like John McKee to be given a go..

Senior Player
    vCash
    The best thing about the win is that we have room to improve. Some of the option taking in attack, particularly in the opposition 22, could be improved.

But to back up with that intensity for 80 minutes, for the third week in a row, is absolutely amazing. The young guys in the squad are hungry and have nothing to lose. Gee I hope we don't lose too many of them to Melbourne. Whittaker, Tyrrell, Swanepoel, turner, Charles, McCalman - they have all performed well at Super 14 level.

The tight five was fantastic - and our scrum strong with Pek back at prop - his best position IMHO.

If we can keep up this intensity for the last six games, we can grind out a few more wins for a mid table finish after all.

vCash
    If Shep is back switch O'Connor to 12 and drop Cross altogether?

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Waiting for someone to bag Cross as he didn't actually have that great an impact however, I think he made the best of what came his way and had a pretty good defensive match.
    I'm someone will have laid the boots in by morning though.
    That said, I would still prefer to see #12 Stanners, #13 Inman for a match.
    Cross had a crap game... he really doesn't play well at #12.

Habana has a crapper as well... as long as that happens when they play us I'm happy...

Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Habana was playing like shit......I was in the block right in front of his stuff up and he looked like his head wasn't in the game.......so I waited till everything got quiet and congratulated him........he heard me too!

Bekker was also right in front of us when he blew up after stuffing up that lineout, we gave him a serve as well.

MiniGIGS almost caught the footy off a penalty kick

Did I mention i LOVE my seat!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What block are you in... we are in S4 and had a couple of kicks land near us...

Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Great to have Bm Bam and Brownie back, but I'm even more excited about the chance of Shep coming back next. He's been our biggest loss this season, IMO. Without Shep we've had to play Rabbit at 15. Others have been tried but generally have been found lacking. Having Shep back will let Rabbit concentrate on 12 and distribute the ball the forwards win.
    Quote Originally Posted by jombi View Post
    If Shep is back switch O'Connor to 12 and drop Cross altogether?
    Will be glad when Shep is back... good kicking & running but also some fantastic eye candy

Does anyone know that stadium rules on camera lenses? Had a struggle on Friday night and am looking to invest in a "rugby lens" but need to know the maximum allowable zoom... to goons on the gate said 200mm is ok but I am going to contact Stadium Management and check for sure before I buy something as I was hoping to use my 300mm but that appears to be prohibited

Bring on the Crusaders!!!!!!!!!!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Highlanders are looking pretty sharp first half today.
    Yeh I watched that game too awesome pack as u would expect from down deep in the south island... be a great contest alot at stake

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leannelizzy View Post
    Does anyone know that stadium rules on camera lenses? Had a struggle on Friday night and am looking to invest in a "rugby lens" but need to know the maximum allowable zoom... to goons on the gate said 200mm is ok but I am going to contact Stadium Management and check for sure before I buy something as I was hoping to use my 300mm but that appears to be prohibited

Bring on the Crusaders!!!!!!!!!!
    I've heard them say 200mm at the gate, but then I was questioned the other week as to whether mine was over 250mm - so it's a bit of a gamble. Keep the lens and camera separate, if asked when you get in try and act dumb and say 180mm (no matter what size) or something and see if you get away with it, I hazard a guess that if you are ready with the response, you will ...

They don't confiscate or deny entry, you just get told not to use it (that I've heard so far - don't take this as gospel!)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I've heard them say 200mm at the gate,
    The only photo experience I've had has been with point and click cameras. Supposed to be idiot proof - but I've disproved that theory often enough.

So from a point of ignorance, why are there restrictions on zoom lenses anyway?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jjk View Post
    Mitch Inman is very one dimensional, he offers nothing in attack, I don't understand how someone so big can be so ineffectual in attack, Bart had a disappointing game I thought
    Huh? That'd be Mitch Inman who set up the only try of the match and saved the only real attempt by the opposition, who ran great angles all night and when he chose to truck it up bent the line almost at will......who also had a good defensive game, pulling off some major hits and rattling the Stormers. Bart was also the guy running the switch which put Rabbit away, kicked decently, played 1st reciever on some set plays and generally tidied up when Rabbit was playing the attacker.

I think the view was very different from where I sat.

Hill was missing for large patches of the game, doing pretty much what he was paid to do........leave room for O'Connor, he kicked well but had limited control of the game, at least he didn't stuff up this week.

Quote Originally Posted by leannelizzy View Post
    What block are you in... we are in S4 and had a couple of kicks land near us...
    E4, it was Rabbit's penalty cick from the city end. You can see it bounce off his arm and land half a block away (He was reaching into the row in front of us)

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Huh? That'd be Mitch Inman who set up the only try of the match and saved the only real attempt by the opposition,
    Hill was missing for large patches of the game, doing pretty much what he was paid to do........leave room for O'Connor, he kicked well but had limited control of the game, at least he didn't stuff up this week.
    I thought he and Rabbit rushed a couple of penalty kicks for touch that could have got better ground with a bit more care taken. But all round I think Hill is improving a little with each outing. Maybe ajusting to the step up to S14 after two years playing retirement Rugby in Japan. Bart growing into the team, too. Hopefully the backs are starting to get a feel for how each other play and things will start to stick better.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast