Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Justin Turner Definitely rookie of the night!!

vCash
    Loosing Sheehan?! That would be a major catastrophe. Dunno about everyone else, but a back who plays like a forward is a total champion in my book any day. I'd have him as my first scrummie still.

Turner was the goods last night, true. I'm going to watch the replay again - I don't even remember Swanepol coming off the bench.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Definately big raps for Justin Turner

Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    How do we retain all of them
    Odds are the Force won't

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    I'm not sure that Turner gets my prize for Rookie of the night, though. Nathan Charles looked very good. He might be a target for Melbourne.

Yep i agree. Charles stood out more for me.
    turner reminds me of a young excitable luke burgess with a better pass. if he could tame down the solo runs and drop the low percentage behind the back passes i might be convinced about him. who the hell pulls a behind the back no look pass at such a crucial time of the game!?!?!?! calm down son, take a deep breath........

Player
    vCash
    Should we be looking at signing Charles? Pek is not a hooker, so that leaves us with one fully fit hooker and one broken one, while relying on a Canberra academy player.

Champion
    vCash
    Sharpie said in the post match interview that Nathan Charles has only been with team since Tuesday. In that case Charles did a great job to fit so well into the team. I guess with already having two young hookers we dont have room for him but he would be a good signing for Melbourne

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by farva View Post
    Should we be looking at signing Charles? Pek is not a hooker, so that leaves us with one fully fit hooker and one broken one, while relying on a Canberra academy player.
    I heard Marto through the sports ears that Nathan Charles was on Loan from the Brumbies.
    Is there a chance of EWF signing him or is he committed to the Brumbies via the academy?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Haji View Post
    Yep i agree. Charles stood out more for me.
    turner reminds me of a young excitable luke burgess with a better pass. if he could tame down the solo runs and drop the low percentage behind the back passes i might be convinced about him. who the hell pulls a behind the back no look pass at such a crucial time of the game!?!?!?! calm down son, take a deep breath........
    Looked to me like JOC called that play and I agree it was low percentage and when it obviously wasn't on neither seemed to be able to change their mind

vCash
    I liked Charles game the other night - solid lineout, good at hitting the ball up and good defence.

The Glue factory won't release him to other provinces because they will start to use him as a replacement for Huia Edmonds in the next year or so (or if Moore falls out with the committee)

vCash
    who the hell pulls a behind the back no look pass at such a crucial time of the game!?!?!?! calm down son, take a deep breath........
    Ummmmm WIll Genia, the guy you want to be like ATM if you're an Aussie halfback.

---------- Post added at 00:12 ---------- Previous post was at 00:09 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by oxleymoron View Post
    I liked Charles game the other night - solid lineout, good at hitting the ball up and good defence.

The Glue factory won't release him to other provinces because they will start to use him as a replacement for Huia Edmonds in the next year or so (or if Moore falls out with the committee)
    Or they'll just warehouse him once they've bought TPN.....or whoever else is top of the pecking order when they realise their hooking's weak.

C'mon the

vCash
    I cringed when he almost isolated himself twice and did that harlem globetrotters pass.......
    It was called by J.O'Cand didnt come off this time. Better to see that than the bash it up the middle style of rugby that has got us nowhere todate. Justin Turner played incredibly well and as much as Hillys kick was awesome how good was the pass from Turner made under pressure from a rookie...well done Justin.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oxleymoron View Post

I don't know- surely his academy contract would be a one year thing. If he's keen on the game time he might just join us.

It might turn out that we can't nab an experienced hooker so we might be able to convince Charles to stay on. 3 young hookers is better than less than 3.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ddwey1 View Post
    It was called by J.O'Cand didnt come off this time. Better to see that than the bash it up the middle style of rugby that has got us nowhere todate. Justin Turner played incredibly well and as much as Hillys kick was awesome how good was the pass from Turner made under pressure from a rookie...well done Justin.

Sorry there is nothing i saw turner do that isnt already expected for any competent half back to be capable of doing whether theyre a rookie or not.

The "bash it up the middle" is the only consistent way for the force is getting over the advantage line this season. id keep an eye on which channel guys like sharpie and hodgo are consistently targetting. theres a bit more to it then what you are implying. until we get the backline in sync again then i fully endorse the forwards to "bash it up the middle" as much as they like.

---------- Post added at 11:19 ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Ummmmm WIll Genia, the guy you want to be like ATM if you're an Aussie halfback.[COLOR="Silver"]

seen genia do it plenty of times but never at such a crucial part of the game, but im sure with the confidence he has in his game atm, im certain he wouldnt hesitate to try it.

vCash
    I cringed when he almost isolated himself twice and did that harlem globetrotters pass.......
    Are you happy now, JT had an awesome game and Turned the game for the force when he came on. Credit where credit is due. Well done JT

vCash
    The highlanders were also less disruptive at the breakdown by that stage of the game thus quicker recycling of the ball...........

He has looked good both games but im not gonna start getting all horny for the guy like you until ive seen him start a few games. I remember peeps, myself included were calling for OYoung to start when Henjack started his career here poorly and when he got his shot he was no where near what he was like coming off the bench. The test is starting and possibly playing well for 80 minutes.......if he does well then i will start touching myself about him like you. :p
    But seeing as you consider me as some sort of Turner "NON BELIEVER" i will clarify at this stage of his development i do actually think he is looking very promising.

vCash

JT

I agree with you coming off the bench is way different to starting and JT needs some more time doing his stuff from the bench. Just to clarify its not about getting all horny for one player I just dont think the young guys get enough credit and game time and if we are to build depth then we need to give them both. Cheers

The highlanders were also less disruptive at the breakdown by that stage of the game thus quicker recycling of the ball...........

He has looked good both games but im not gonna start getting all horny for the guy like you until ive seen him start a few games. I remember peeps, myself included were calling for OYoung to start when Henjack started his career here poorly and when he got his shot he was no where near what he was like coming off the bench. The test is starting and possibly playing well for 80 minutes.......if he does well then i will start touching myself about him like you. :p
    But seeing as you consider me as some sort of Turner "NON BELIEVER" i will clarify at this stage of his development i do actually think he is looking very promising.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2