Thread: Western Force winger Nick Cummins suspended for two weeks

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Western Force winger Nick Cummins suspended for two weeks

Super 14

Western Force winger Nick Cummins suspended for two weeks

March 28, 2010
    Western Force winger Nick Cummins has been suspended for two weeks after a SANZAR Judicial hearing in Perth on Sunday.
    Cummins faced a dangerous tackle charge for his hit on Bulls player Jacques-Louis Potgieter, from Saturday night's game at ME Bank Stadium.
    "Potgieter was unable to break his fall as he was turned in the tackle, with his legs in the air and his back facing the ground. As a result of the tackle, Potgieter was placed at serious risk of injury to his spinal area," SANZAR Citing Commission Scott Nowland reported in his charge sheet.

The Citing Commissioner’s view was supported by SANZAR Judicial Officer Campbell Thomson who heard the case at the Rugby WA offices in Perth.

Thomson deemed a two week suspension sufficient penalty, in line with previous censures that have been handed down by SANZAR Judicial Officers for similar offences.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...002381,00.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash

Cummins gone for 2 weeks

Western Force winger Nick Cummins has been suspended for two weeks after a SANZAR Judicial hearing in Perth on Sunday.
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...002381,00.html

What a load of bullshit - especially this bit;

"Potgieter was unable to break his fall as he was turned in the tackle, with his legs in the air and his back facing the ground. As a result of the tackle, Potgieter was placed at serious risk of injury to his spinal area," SANZAR Citing Commission Scott Nowland reported in his charge sheet.
    So it wasn't a spear, he fell on his BACK and it was dangerous. Tiddleywinks all over.

vCash
    what a load of shit!
    APPEAL!!!

Champion
    vCash
    i told u so....!! he did shake hands with him bit of a hollywood

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jombi View Post
    So it wasn't a spear, he fell on his BACK and it was dangerous. Tiddleywinks all over.
    so the first tackle Cummo applied in the game (I think it was) you know, that little gem in the first half where he got his shoulder under the ribs of (I think it was VanDen Heever) and drove him back first into the ground landing on top and driving his shoulder into the guts of the ugly bastard he'd just monstered WASN'T putting him at risk of spinal injury???????

This call is bullshit, players land on their back every day in Rugby, it's the way you can be sure a tackle is dominant, if his head was above his hips, then I say there's nothing in it..........I guess we'll have to wear it if the call is consistent, but it's a soft call for two weeks.......how much did Botha get for charging into a ruck (Used to be called a cleanout)

C'mon the

vCash
    Since when did the game become this soft? He didn't pile drive him head first. He drove him flat on his back. It was a magnificent hit and should be applauded. I'm deeply disturbed that such a great tackle gets him banned.

It's better to burn out than to fade away

vCash
    What he said (we must have been posting at the same time)

C'mon the

Senior Player Contributor WaterBoy's Avatar
    vCash
    If you had your sports ears on at the game you would have heard the ref say he didn't see the tackle, and the touchie said he said he didn't see the tackle. Then the ref said 'i think it must have been a dangerous tackle' even though he had no recollection and had no back up from his touchie. So he awarded the Bulls a penalty. How does that work?

Got to love the 'member profiles', have a look...

http://www.dunsboroughdungbeetles.com/ Don't seem to have a webpage anymore so go to https://www.facebook.com/Dunsborough...tlesRugbyClub/

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterBoy View Post
    If you had your sports ears on at the game you would have heard the ref say he didn't see the tackle, and the touchie said he said he didn't see the tackle. Then the ref said 'i think it must have been a dangerous tackle' even though he had no recollection and had no back up from his touchie. So he awarded the Bulls a penalty. How does that work?
    Ecky would know

vCash
    It is a shame if Nick is suspended. I have heard news that the Force are appealing the suspension.

What will hurt the most is that Cummins was really improving this year. That kast game against the Bulls he almost did everything better than he has ever before.

Can only hope he gets to hammer on against the Stormers!

I vote - GIVE US A RECTANGLE STADIUM!!!!!!