Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Performance Review

vCash
    Well, actually, I thought that was the best game I've seen Hill play. He's the "old school" 5/8 (not 1st 5 - there's only one on the field!!!!!) who distributes or kicks. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion....

I also wonder what's up with Cross; Was he just so good in the first season or two becasue no-one knew what he would do, and now everyone is on to him, he can't adapt or change?

I really do like the defence from everyone this year. Backs especially. With the weight of possession against them it's no wonder it will crack from time to time, but for the most part it's very, very good.

Forwards were good as well. Hockings surprised me with how well he played. I was starting to wonder how got a gig with the in the first place and had noqulams at all with Wykes being picked ahead of him. Now he's arrived, hopefully. Captain Courageous was outstanding again, as was Hodgson. McCalman and Stanford also rool good.

Some really good signs and it must be as frustrating as hell to keep losing, but the first win must be very close, then they will be the spoilers in the 2nd half of the season, I think. (I hope!)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Ecky; 28-03-10 at 21:00.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Was very impressed with the few minutes I saw of Swanepoel and Postal.

For the team to put in another performance like that backing up after the Waratahs game was fantastic.

To be fair to Crossy, his defence is still mostly on the money, and with alternating first receivers in Hill, JOC, Barts and even Sharpie and Hodgo, the ball rarely gets out to him in first phase play. It's positionally easier for a winger to go looking for work than a 13.

While on that, i though too much emphasis was place on first phase play - like we needed to score from set piece rather than build momentum This led methinks to passes pushed and one too many "clever" things tried, rather than going to ground and recycling.

Still, I repeat, an overall fantastic performance. We certainly had them worried. The shots at goal and stabs for the sideline were a sign of respect. Especially for our defence.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I think I said it earlier somewhere, but we should lose sight of the fact that regardless of our own position on the table, we were playing the top team and they are the top team for a reason.
    So while it may be one thing to be able to defend against them well that doesn't automatically mean that we are going to be able to open them up in attack.
    Personally I think we did really well considering the quality of defenders the boys were running at and were particularly adventurous compared to many earlier matches.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    JO'C had to catch numerous passes over the top of his head during the game... like people kept forgetting that he's short...

Rookie
    vCash
    I think the team went quite well, and with the return of Pocock and Sheehan and maybe a couple more I think it is looking abit better.
    I would like to see with 20 or 30 minutes to go Sam Harris be given a go at 12 with JOC moving to 10. I think that combination with Bart at 15 would work maybe a little better than Hill at 10 and JOC at 12, although I think JOC best position at this stage of his career is 15.

vCash
    I was impressed with:

Bartholomeusz - I liked the way he injected himself into the attack and did a most competent job at F/B. Didn't shirk defensive duties. His best game for the Force so far.

Hill - looks like an NPC five eighths with good kicking skills and will only get better. You've got to remember he's been playing Div 2 in Japan.

JO'C - best defensive game ever and with Spanner is probably the only really 'dangerous' WF back.

O'Young - I hope he gets another start. Passing game was excellent and probably needs more opportunities if this expansive style is continuing.

Cummins - with a bit of space he's a handful. Needs better finishing tho'.

Fairbrother - strong game in the tight and scrubbed up pretty well in the scrum.

Whittaker - same as Tyrrell last week, they're the future and showed significant potential.

Sharpey - led from the front, great go-forward and outplayed Victor.

Hodgson - the form No 7 in Australia. I'd have him in my Wallaby team for sure.

Hockings - back to the same sort of form that he showed last year.

I reckon the Force are on the cusp of a few victories. Maybe not this week but you never know.

Veteran
    vCash
    cant wait to see the allstar back row in action again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2