Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: My thoughts on the game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Some else noticed the mis-firing pyrotechnics? Good!

Half of the flames from the northern machine weren't igniting, so it's basically spraying fuel (kerosene?) on the pitch. Happened last week as well. Either fix it or don't use it -
    I was thinking the same.... It can't be good for the playing surface, if its sprayed with flammable liquid pre game......
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    What frustrates me is that my teams play there best and most expansive backline rugby when the match is almost lost. If only they would play 80 like they play most of the last 10 then I reackon the Force and the Wallabies would be far more succesful.
    There was also a lot of trying to run it out of the 22. Maybe kick for territory first and then run it from the halfway line...

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 28-03-10 at 22:03.

vCash
    Most of the individual efforts have been covered in this thread already. I'd just add that I've walked out of MES feeling extremely pleased with the efforts of a team under siege two weeks running now and I'm looking forward to another sterling effort on Friday. They have played 6 matches and the ladder positions of their opponents so far are 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.

On reflection they have given a reasonably good account of themselves under the circumstances. Better times are on the way. Roll on.

The crowds are holding up alright but it would be better if a few more stayed to show their appreciation.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Pretty good effort we hung in there for 60 minutes, shame Rugby is an 80 minute game.

Defence was awesome but unfortunately (as someone else pointed out earlier) you aren't going to win unless you can get across the try line

Execution let us down at times, but the spirit/passion is definately on show

Journeyman 10 isn't impressing either

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    If anyone recorded the game - near the end we got a penalty and Rabbit booted it well into the Bulls 22, but the Bull player caught it and played on as if it didn't go into touch. I thought the Bulls player's boot was on the line (ie, Rabbit found touch) but this pedantic touchie completely missed it. Did the Fox cameras get a better view?
    I was right on it and he wasn't out of play. Just a bad miss for touch from the force

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Fox didn't catch it, and the commentators didn't turn a hair, but the entirety of block E4 was about 3m away and we all told the ref about it.......unfortunately by that stage he was used to ignoring us.

---------- Post added at 12:33 ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 ----------

that only counts when the catcher jumps from within the field of play, when he jumps off the line, he's out until his feet hit the ground.......that's what happened last night.
    I didn't think it mattered where he started from, the only requirement being that both feet must land in the playing area.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mambo No. 5 View Post
    I was right on it and he wasn't out of play. Just a bad miss for touch from the force
    Oh well. I'll have to turn my persecution complex down a notch, then!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3