Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My thoughts on the game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by helbob53 View Post
    Where is our number 10. He was found wanting through the whole game. He just kicks and stands and watches it.
    How was that different to anyone else though? I don't think it's the players but rather the gameplan.

When O'Connor was at first receiver he ran it up or tried a cut out pass - just like Hill. Our backs were just deer in the headlights last night and didn't really know what to do with the quick ball.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    most of the night it was just like hot potato. "who wants the ball? there is a Bull stampeding towards me ARGHHGHFH!" we need to lose the fear and all gain the mentality of hodgo/cummins/other players who pretty much put their body on the line to get that ball into our possession

Last edited by force addict; 28-03-10 at 11:00.
    Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    Most frustrated with the high tackles, including one right in front of the "assistant ref". Were they waiting for a headless corpse to start bleeding all over the place before calling a high tackle? The tackles got worse and worse as the Bulls realised they could tackle however they liked with impunity.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    My thoughts

Assistant Ref Steve Walsh tool and instant dislike to Force.

"westie" the mascot does a great job of revving up the crowd. Come round to all sides of the ground Westie. And I thought your disruption of the Bulls players playing touch at half time was particularly excellent.

The guys played their hearts out. I was proud of you.

Another Nudgee boy debuts for the Force. Well done Ted Postal.

Stanners.....first to come to acknowledge the crowd.

C O'Y - excellent 50th well done.

Hodgo - well done. A watch on each arm for sure.

Proud of them all.
    JOC acknowledgement of the crowd was conspicuous by its absence...He didn't come over and have a chat with us mere mortals on Friday either....What's that about? He's above us all now..he doesn't need the fans or sponsors...??? His Mum should bring him back to earth..or someone should...Getting too big for his boots maybe???

vCash
    not all of them come around. he maybe had media commitments etc after the game.
    just because not all of the players come around to fans after the game doesnt mean theyre above us or they hate us...

vCash
    So what would his excuse have been on Friday???

vCash
    i dnno. be professional, keep in the zone, dont be too distracted? im not defending him/saying i know exactly what goes on. but i dont think we should jump to conclusions about him not wanting to interact with fans etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    If anyone recorded the game - near the end we got a penalty and Rabbit booted it well into the Bulls 22, but the Bull player caught it and played on as if it didn't go into touch.
    Fox didn't catch it, and the commentators didn't turn a hair, but the entirety of block E4 was about 3m away and we all told the ref about it.......unfortunately by that stage he was used to ignoring us.

---------- Post added at 12:33 ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    I thought it went out also, but according to the guy next to me the catcher had no feet on the ground so it was okay.
    that only counts when the catcher jumps from within the field of play, when he jumps off the line, he's out until his feet hit the ground.......that's what happened last night.

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Admittedly I was a little further back in that block, but I thought it looked fair, or could easily be interpreted as such.

But then again, I don't remember him jumping from outside.

Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Fox didn't catch it, and the commentators didn't turn a hair, but the entirety of block E4 was about 3m away and we all told the ref about it.......unfortunately by that stage he was used to ignoring us.

---------- Post added at 12:33 ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 ----------

that only counts when the catcher jumps from within the field of play, when he jumps off the line, he's out until his feet hit the ground.......that's what happened last night.

Champion
    vCash
    As PB's photo showed JOC spent plenty of time outside the changeroom with fans, much to the delight of several young females in the area! Maybe he needed the toilet at the end of the game! He did have some ice on a calf, I noticed so maybe that was the reason. I was very suprised that the Bulls walked straight off the ground at the end of the game without acknowledging their fans in the ground

vCash
    a slow improvement on earlier outings, crossy was missing in action once again, someone posted somewhere that he was going to have his jet shoes on...... Sadly they miss fired like the pregame pyrotecnics , good first half for ben whittaker....hodgo everywhere as normal, spanner has to stay until the seasons end.... As for people blaming the ref... He's an easy target...... I thought cummo was lucky to stay on,......
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    We played a thousand times better than round 1!
    If it was any of the past 5 rounds teams we played last night we would have won with a bonus point.
    Only one guy looked like he did not want to be there and he got 10min for his efforts

Did anyone see How Cummins caught the new winger( Gerhard van den Heever) from behind and tackled him.

Ben Whittaker was brilliant I must still watch the recording but I cannot remember him putting a foot wrong the whole evening.

Fourie Du Preez had no space behind the scrum. A couple of tries were saved between Ben McCalman and Matt Hodgson just by putting pressure on Du Preez.

If there was a "Tackler of the match" award then it must go to this young lad. James O Connor was everywhere He brought down the big Bulls loosies and He stopped Wynand Olivier more than once. He might be just a little bigger than a 13 year old but has the hart of a Lion

haha covering up the Bulls shirt there Marcell!! nice pic though

vCash
    he even borrowed my cap

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slomo View Post
    a slow improvement on earlier outings, crossy was missing in action once again, someone posted somewhere that he was going to have his jet shoes on...... Sadly they miss fired like the pregame pyrotecnics , good first half for ben whittaker....hodgo everywhere as normal, spanner has to stay until the seasons end.... As for people blaming the ref... He's an easy target...... I thought cummo was lucky to stay on,......
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Some else noticed the mis-firing pyrotechnics? Good!

Half of the flames from the northern machine weren't igniting, so it's basically spraying fuel (kerosene?) on the pitch. Happened last week as well. Either fix it or don't use it - I'd be perfectly happy not having flames and fireworks before a game - unnecessary distraction.
    -----------------------
    Anyone see the attendance figures? - looked better than last week (another suspiciously round 18,000!)

Last edited by Sheikh; 28-03-10 at 18:16.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Those things are pretty bloody hot too, can feel them from the fence!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast