Thread: Force lose Tyrell for season

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash

Unhappy Force lose Tyrell for season

Posted March 25, 2010 19:00:00

The Western Force's injury crisis continues with hooker Ryan Tyrrell succumbing to a neck injury that has ended his season.

Tyrrell, who had an outstanding game in last weekend's defeat to the Waratahs, will require surgery but Mitchell is confident the tough front rower will return next season ready to pick up where he left off.

"I'm thrilled for the way Ryan responded last week, and I think everyone in the group was thrilled also with the way he responded," Force coach John Mitchell said.

"He can walk away from this season certainly understanding what this level takes and take confidence from the fact that he was able to play well."

Ben Whittaker, just 20, gets his first start against Super 14 frontrunners the Bulls on Saturday evening as Tyrell's replacement.

Tom Hockings has also been included after lock Sam Wykes was ruled out with a corked thigh he received against the Waratahs.

Brett Sheehan and Scott Staniforth will be given every opportunity to prove their fitness after pulling up sore following the Tahs clash.

Mitchell says the club will have to investigate how and why so many players have been injured this season.

"Naturally it's a game of contact but clearly we are going to have to review our injuries as a club and find out whether we need to change the mindset n a particular way so these sort of situations do not occur," he said.

Capped Wallaby Pek Cowan was recalled to the bench, while 18-year-old flanker Ted Postal could make his Super rugby debut after being named as reserve for the first time.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Bugger! I wondered why he wasn't named.

C'mon the

vCash
    who at rugby wa walked under a ladder, got the wrong side of the wishbone or whatever!
    JESUS CHRIST!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    who at rugby wa walked under a ladder, got the wrong side of the wishbone or whatever!
    JESUS CHRIST!!!
    Run over a chinaman, and killed a black cat.....Cheesh!!!! Lots of players in the Emirate's suite today at the Captains Run who are out tomorrow...mixing it with us mere mortals ...Sam, Brett, Cam. Brownie, Bam, Josh, the list goes on... and on and on ....and on......and on.........

Veteran
    vCash
    hertryk, how do you know about the caps run and where are they? is it a members thing?

cheers,

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    hertryk, how do you know about the caps run and where are they? is it a members thing?

cheers,
    There is a Captain Run each and every game home and away (unless you are the Brumbies) and they usually invite some of their main sponsors and their guests. Media access is also available. When away they "usually" allow any travelling supporters to watch as well.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash

Thumbs up

: hertryk, how do you know about the caps run and where are they? is it a members thing?
    yeah:

I work for Flight Centre, and although not a consultant for the company, The Emirates Staff know I am a "tragic" (& Gold Member) and I am very honoured to get invited to the Captain's run occasionally by Emirates and also MBF...(I recommend MBF to the staff of FC as a Financial Planner!! we also have the privilege of MBF corporate rates....)

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 27-03-10 at 15:33. Reason: typo

Prospect
    vCash
    I hope it goes better 4 the force during the rest of the season