Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Yet another dodgy decision

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by p-diddy
    Sorry for my Sunday morning outburst.......(late night, hungover and also put a large bet on the Force)........but I am still very disappointed we failed to put another team away after dominating almost the whole game. As you say Dramoth, this is Year number 1 and things get serious next season....but I had expectations of success this year, not the wooden spoon..

Grumpy P-Diddy
    Diddy,

Nothing will spur the fans on more if we come out first game next season and we absolutely blitz the opposition.

As the Coach said... APC in Sept would be a good start

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Totally agree Drammoth about the forward pass. The ref saw it passed, go overhead, twisted around to see it caught ! It was so obvious I don't believe the touchies bothered to tell him! I think some Force guys were waiting for the whistle to blow.

P-Diddy no apology needed - you said how you see it. For times now halftime leads have not been defended-Reds 18-3, H'Landers 15-8, Crusaders 20-8, Cats 21-3. This time however, it was 28-8 at 47th min mark. Now that was very defendable!

Current wisdom says attack is best form of defence, which was done. The players know how to close out wins from junior/club days, so whats different ? PRESSURE !

The pressure of that first win! Even the pressure of avoiding the wooden spoon possibly caused some missed tackles that were evident. Opportunities were there to barrel Cats into touch after the hooter. The difference between good or great players/teams is the ability to do all the right things UNDER PRESSURE ! Force is learning cohesion and 'pressure plays' the hard way. This will pay-off at some stage- we all quite understandably want it now though- as do the players. Nobody can fault the effort put in by the Force this year.

As Coach JMItchell warned - 'this year would be a roller coaster of emotions'. Like you P Diddy, I feel I've been on the Big Dipper of a ride already - but we can't get off it for another two weeks !

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by p-diddy
    We can always sit here and complain that decisions didn't go our way. But at the end of the day the big point for me is that once again we threw a HUGE lead away. I'm over it, I don't need to hear the "Keep the Faith" anymore. It's pathetic! If we continue to do this, we'll forever be seen as the beatable team, other teams will be able to dig deep knowing they've a chance.

I thought we played well, but we cannot afford to throw another victory away like that again!

Stop leaning lessons boys and learn how to win a f@#king match!!!!!!!!!
    Keep the faith dude

Just happy to be here

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The EnForcer
    Keep the faith dude
    to borrow a quote from our Lonzy lmao

Exile
    Sydney