Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: That's it, had a gutsfull!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Did you see the spray Waugh gave one of his own players in the last seconds of the game?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Saw it twice and still can't work it out?
    Maybe he was having a go at him for not rolling away and risking the Penalty...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    No need to worry about that Burgs, they didn't get called for it all night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Incompetent isn't the right word... But its the first one that comes to mind.
    -- Chuck Palahniuk.

vCash
    that spray said more about the character of Phil than anything else...
    WANKER!!!

Senior Player Contributor hopep's Avatar
    vCash
    I to was miffed at some of the refereeing in Fridays game, and others - not just WF games either.
    the only way for a team to beat poor ref standards is - and old coaching tip from an old coach - to score more often than the other team.

A couple of general things irk me about the refs at the moment. Going to the TMO. On Friday, Drew Mitchell scored a try by sliding over the line (momentum - not a second motion) and grounding the ball. Despite the ref being less than 10 metres away and in a position to see the action he still went to the TMO.
    Waste of time and it suggests that he (and some other refs) appears timid in making a call. Blow your whistle, make a decision, and we will all get back on with the game.

I remember playing at the start of my career, in the lower grades, and finding out the the refs may have only 1 or 2 previous games under their belt. some were good others not-so. the ones who made the contest playable where the ones who consistently blew for the same things for both teams, even if they only concentrated on 2 or 3 laws, at least the were consistent and made a decision.

Our top flight refs seems to have been brow-beaten by media reviews into an inability to make a decision (good or bad) and consistency varies not only by the game but from 1st to 2nd half aswell.

Last edited by hopep; 22-03-10 at 21:23. Reason: spelling

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Actually both of the refs thought that he had lost the ball in the grounding and asked for TMO

vCash
    both the ref's? Thought there is only one ref.. You must be referring to that physio that seemed to be reffing, certainly was on the park as much as the ref..
    Posted via Mobile Device

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Ref and Assistant ref closest to that side ( Stewie I think) both said something along the lines of "I think he may have lost it in the grounding"

Champion
    vCash
    The ref was on the tahs side last game so we have to live with that....... the ref's are destroying our entaintainment and a hand brake on the players to display their skill

vCash
    I think we have to fly in Piet van Ziel for the next game, just in case we get a dodgy ref, so he can tackle him out the game

On a serious note: I think they should have a citing committee for refs as well. I know the refs sometimes get it wrong(‘cause it’s not always easy), but if it is as blatant as Saturdays game, they should be cited and if found guilty……that’s it for the season. Go back to under 10’s and try again next year

Last edited by tdevil; 23-03-10 at 13:12.
    "Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to ..........."

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    There aren't enough Ref's tdevil...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by htbd View Post
    Waugh is the same as McCaw - there is a fine line between right and wrong. If you're as Aussie supporter, I am sure you will be singing his virtues in the Aussie jumper come June....
    Waugh is shit, and he'll not be wearing Wallaby Gold in June.....he only has an impact on the game when refs let him cheat outrageously or he's telling the backs to keep away from the football

C'mon the

vCash
    I think Waugh's "cheating" is great when he's wearing a Wallaby jersey
    "Pushing the boundaries" is what's expected of his position. McCaw is better at it, though I hate that.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Actually both of the refs thought that he had lost the ball in the grounding and asked for TMO
    Yeah- looking at the replay he did seem to lose slight control of it but it stayed in his hands. Definitely a try but no harm in TMOing it. I'd rather have the TMO than the fury of a disallowed (or wrongly allowed) try against us.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tdevil View Post
    I think we have to fly in Piet van Ziel for the next game, just in case we get a dodgy ref, so he can tackle him out the game

On a serious note: I think they should have a citing committee for refs as well. I know the refs sometimes get it wrong(‘cause it’s not always easy), but if it is as blatant as Saturdays game, they should be cited and if found guilty……that’s it for the season. Go back to under 10’s and try again next year
    Yellow cards for the ref's two yellows and the touchy steps in! I imagine refering is like playing u get fustrated with your mistakes or by your actions and that makes life worse , a spirall down hill in the decision making .. not too sure.... bench to have a rest and ponder the job at hand

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3