Thread: Radio Broadcast

vCash

Radio Broadcast

Hi everyone.

Does anyone know what frequency the referee broadcast is on?

And can you use a fairly standard AM/FM walkman type thing to pick up the signal.

Thanks

RugbyZAP

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyZAP View Post
    Hi everyone.

Does anyone know what frequency the referee broadcast is on?

And can you use a fairly standard AM/FM walkman type thing to pick up the signal.

Its broadcast off the band a normal radio can tune to (purposely). You'll need to fork out for Sports Ears to get the broadcast frequency. The profit margins on those puppies must be obscene.

Not to hijack the thread, but did anyone else notice the appalling quality of the referee broadcast last night? I couldn't hear anything over the crowd noise the ref's mic was picking up. My Sports Ears are new - is this a usual thing?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    It's ok Scotty, he wasn't making sense anyway...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Yes the sports ears are great but my wife hates me wearing mine as i yell to loud as i cant hear myself

They are good for understanding the weird and wonderful calls the refs call and just laugh.

The investment is well worth the $80 bucks

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I love hearing the Scrum banter

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Mine were fine....but the crowd were very vocal on Saturday, which was great to hear....sometimes the sound is as if the refs have water in their boots....

They really get you into the game....I wouldn't go to a game without them...They work at all venues where Fox Sports is filming too..I took mine to Brisbane, and Sydney...well worth the $$$$$

I wouldn't let your children have a pair however,,the language can be a bit "choice" especially in the scrums and lineout....

Last edited by hertryk; 22-03-10 at 11:00. Reason: More

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    Yes the sports ears are great but my wife hates me wearing mine as i yell to loud as i cant hear myself

They are good for understanding the weird and wonderful calls the refs call and just laugh.

The investment is well worth the $80 bucks
    i second that...

I only have one in at a time, so you can hear whats going on around... its a pity you can hear the douche bag commentators when the ref is quiet, other than that, i think it is a must have for a game, so happpy i forked it out.

I got sucked into chanting early thoguh, as i could hear through the sports ears the chant before it reached eveeryone else, so i looked/sounded like a douche being a second early... oops...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Should be able to set it so you only have the Ref if you like palitu?
    I used to only have one in because the person next to me kept asking what was happening...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    [QUOTE=palitu;250221]i second that...

I only have one in at a time, so you can hear whats going on around... its a pity you can hear the douche bag commentators when the ref is quiet, other than that, i think it is a must have for a game, so happpy i forked it out.

Does anyone complain to FoxSports about the "douchebay commentators"??? I do most Mondays....It is always a disgusting play of biased unprofessional commentary....sometimes it has nothing at all to do with the game that is in front of them..Why do FoxSports keeping bring the same back????? Do they come cheap or something ???? When I am at home I turn the commentary off completely....What a waste of oxygen they are..

Veteran
    vCash
    [quote=hertryk;250238]
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    i second that...

Does anyone complain to FoxSports about the "douchebay commentators"??? I do most Mondays....It is always a disgusting play of biased unprofessional commentary....sometimes it has nothing at all to do with the game that is in front of them..Why do FoxSports keeping bring the same back????? Do they come cheap or something ???? When I am at home I turn the commentary off completely....What a waste of oxygen they are..
    yeah, maybe we should all do that, at least get in a one eyed force supporter to make it neutral over all...

i think i would rather the saffa commentators, they are usually really good/neutral...

vCash
    I suggest to them everytime, to take lessons from the Saffers...(I am NOT SA!!) If it wasn't for the accents you wouldn't know where the SA commentators are from...totally unbiased and very professional. If one couldn't "see" the game for whatever reason, you could certainly follow the game by their commentating...The Aussie Fox "crew" are embarrassing.......Often their comments have nothing to do with rugby never mind the game in front of them....!!!