Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mitchell Must go

Apprentice
    vCash

Mitchell Must go

I was one of the people who got behind the force's bid for the franchise ahead of Melbourne and as secretary of the over 35's rugby movment in Perth, I would like to publically state that the grass-roots supporters have no faith in the head coach John Mitchell. Any of WARU's coaches could have done a beter job of coaching the force than that debacle last week. And we are set for an even bigger pasting this week if O'connor is left in the wilderness at #12. With Hill playing a kicking game at #10, James is wasted at #12 and should be playing #15. Haylett-Petty is too inexperienced to be playing #15 in super 14. ...... don't say I told you so :-(

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Can I refer you to this thread??

http://twf.com.au/showthread.php?t=25445

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scrum View Post
    that the grass-roots supporters have no faith in the head coach John Mitchell
    Welcome!

However you may or may not speak for some, but it's a pretty big assumption to assume you speak for all....

vCash
    I was one of the people who got behind the force's bid for the franchise ahead of Melbourne and as secretary of the over 35's rugby movment in Perth, I would like to publically state that the grass-roots supporters have no faith in the head coach John Mitchell. Any of WARU's coaches could have done a beter job of coaching the force than that debacle last week. And we are set for an even bigger pasting this week if O'connor is left in the wilderness at #12. With Hill playing a kicking game at #10, James is wasted at #12 and should be playing #15. Haylett-Petty is too inexperienced to be playing #15 in super 14. ...... don't say I told you so :-(
    WOW, that's a lot for the first post there Scrum....I'll try to frame a response on some of the things you said.

Opinion on TWF is currently divided on the quality of John Mitchell as coach. If you've been a long time lurker you'll know my opinions on that toic, so they don't bear sharing again. Basically, your assumption that you speak for the grassroots rugby community is flawed, because I'd argue that this tite represents a pretty large slice of the grassroots rugby community.....members from all clubs, all walks of life, blah blah blah....there are many longwinded and heated arguments about JM as coach, I'd say the only statement you can make without fear of looking like a tool is the grassroots community is divided.

As for Rabbit at 12 and Hill at 10.....IMHO 12 is Rabbit's best position, sure he needs a quality, performing 10 to make it work for him, but Rabbit could well be a better 12 than Gits given time and development. Hill is (again IMHO) an untested variable right now, will he play the endless kicking game that everybody's been saying he'll play or will he distribute the ball using the awesome attacking talent outside him? I guess we'll know 9:00 Saturday......or maybe it'll take another week to click.

I agree with your comments re Dane, he's prone to the same type of brain farts that Quade suffered from a couple of years ago....Quade got over it, and I guess Dane can, but we're going to have to suffer some hard times whilst he does.

Can you make a reasonable argument for Rabbit to 15? certainly, but the argument should be based more about depth with which we cover 15 (currently none!)

My call for this week would be 10 Hill 11 Haylett-Petty 12 Staniforth 13 Inman 14 Cummins 15 O'Connor......various reasons really, but mainly using the cattle we've got in the best way I can figure them. (also Shaking Cross up a little and making him earn his spot from the Bench) You never know Inman at 11 might be worth a look as well. I'm beginning to rate him pretty highly for a rookie!

Anyway, hope my essay hasn't put you to sleep!

C'mon the

vCash
    it would have been a smote If it wasn't your first post

vCash
    I think this weekend will be the litmus test for John Mitchell. If they play anywhere near as badly as last week then I can't see how he could keep his job past the end of the season.

Hill has been here long enough to learn some more of the force' moves, the weather forecast looks good for tomorrow (30c), and no one wants to bloody lose to NSW!

I have the faith though and believe we'll win by about 15 tomorrow night, and hopefully in the tipping I do better than last week (0/6).

I definitely agree with the thread title though, the sooner Drew Mitchell gets out of the state the better!

vCash
    I have a more conservative outcome in mind but good on ya for your Faith Jombi!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    ...Haylett-Petty is too inexperienced to be playing #15 in super 14. ...... don't say I told you so :-(
    Actually I believe it was Mitchell that was saying that some weeks ago, while everyone was insisting that JO'C just had to play 10. But as has been discussed elsewhere, the season is now gone (what a bad coach Mitchell is!), there is going to be a need next year for a player and cover at 10 (what an appalling coach, planner and selector Mitchell is!), players would ideally be playing one position (what a crap team manager Mitchell is), so I guess the view was to show some faith in the players (what an awful team manager Mitchell is!), is maybe choosing to play JO'C in the position that best suits his long term development (what an awful man manager Mitchell is!) and is also perhaps throwing the onus on the players to take some ownership and prove that they are better than last week (what an absolute waster Mitchell is, not realising that everything the players do, do'nt do, think and otherwise, as individuals and a team, on and off the field is actually all about him and his competence as coach!).

And let's not even go near what he was up to in 2002/03...!

vCash
    ***cough*** I don't know about the rest of you but John Mitchell has my admiration ... He has uprooted his family and come over to the most isolated city in the world (... Perth is still the most isolated, right?!). Win or Lose at the end of the day he is our coach. He may make a few mistakes, but only because he believes the choices are going to benifit the team. How many people here have coached a super 14 team? ... or an international team? ... just curious! I know I haven't so I'm going to leave the coaching decisions up the Mitchell and his coaching staff

"Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonzy View Post
    ***cough*** How many people here have coached a super 14 team? ... or an international team? ... just curious! I know I haven't so I'm going to leave the coaching decisions up the Mitchell and his coaching staff
    Well I played as the force on EA Sports Rugby 06 and won every game by atleast 50.

You can't tip the scales by how he uprooted his family and all that, or else we'd proclaim Pretorius as God. I'm pretty sure Mitchell would've just gone to Europe or Japan had he not got the force job anyway.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jombi View Post
    Well I played as the force on EA Sports Rugby 06 and won every game by atleast 50.

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonzy View Post
    ... Perth is still the most isolated, right?!). ...
    Most isolated Capital City, yes.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I would like to publically state that the grass-roots supporters have no faith in the head coach John Mitchell. (

If you are going to publicly state anything; I am pretty sure you need to put your name to your statement.

Hiding behind a computer monitor and making outlandish statements is the job of Sydney based Brumby Supporters.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    If you are going to publicly state anything; I am pretty sure you need to put your name to your statement.

Hiding behind a computer monitor and making outlandish statements is the job of Sydney based Brumby Supporters.
    EX.. Hiding Pfft... It’s a blog site...

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    EX.. Hiding Pfft... It’s a blog site...
    I could be wrong - and of course you are Muddie

But this is a forum based website for supporters of the Western Force.

its you that foolishly post news about those nags, who I, couldn't give a fat rats clacker about.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast