Thread: RWA advert. is this way to go?

Champion
    vCash

Question RWA advert. is this way to go?

Lets focus on the players RWA they are the future of this club not corporate sales and back slapping..

JOB OPPORTUNITY - CORPORATE SALES ROLE AT RUGBYWA
    Wednesday, 17 March 2010 1:01pm
    RugbyWA
    RugbyWA requires an experienced professional with a proven track record in sales to take on a key role within our Partnerships area. The position's main responsibilities are to secure new corporate hospitality business and to manage key corporate accounts, across the Emirates Western Force and RugbyWA.

Corporate sales, in the form of Corporate Hospitality and Stadium Signage Advertising, will be your main focus.

The successful applicant will need a strong customer relationship approach, good negotiation skills and the ability to meet sales budgets. You will need to be innovative, focused and passionate to be a success in this role

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    How do you think they pay players? Find a super14 club without a sales manager........................................... .................................................. ..........................................

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jazza93 View Post
    How do you think they pay players? Find a super14 club without a sales manager........................................... .................................................. ..........................................
    Yeh but the season is 25% old now, sales need to be sorted before the season selling when the team is not performing, will be difficult task.... the loyal supporters are already on board, its the fringe supporters we are trying to drag in..... $ effort into producing local talent and getting players to committ 2 more than 12 months.... at the mo we are a franchise not a team

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDAVEY View Post
    Yeh but the season is 25% old now, sales need to be sorted before the season selling when the team is not performing, will be difficult task.... the loyal supporters are already on board, its the fringe supporters we are trying to drag in..... $ effort into producing local talent and getting players to committ 2 more than 12 months.... at the mo we are a franchise not a team
    dude, what are you talking about!?

do you think that if the current sales manager quit, put in his months notice, RWA will say
    "you know what, we will just look at recruiting players, after that we will hire a new bloke to get corporates to the games etc."

I dont know whats happened here, but you do realise that it isnt just the players that make a club run?

I dont understand why you started this thread?

vCash
    Bdavey, how old are you? you have no idea what you are talking about.......

Veteran
    vCash
    heh, i wasnt thinking that, but i couldn't work out why (s)he'd start this post

sorry BDAVEY, could be a girl... not sure, please advise

vCash
    I laughed

when they keep glancing over at me i know they think iam cute and are checking me out -Kalafan 10/3/10

i have difficulty in my life. alot of girls like me but i cannot ask them out. i think they like me cause i am good looking and have a nice smile.- kalafan 3/7/10

FREE LINDSAY

Born TROLLIN

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDAVEY View Post
    LOL, someone already said it. You don't know what your on about.

vCash
    lol Pwnd

vCash
    It is actually quite normal, BD, to attempt to fill a vacancy in your workforce when one appears.

vCash
    haha, knowing a little about working in professional sports....BDavey you have a lot to learn about this industry. Generally, the cost of putting the team on the field increases by about 10% per year....corporate sales and sponsorship dollars are what keeps the team going (and membership costs from being higher than they already are). During the season, corporate partners like to know they are being taken care of (ie getting their money's worth) and negotiations continue for further opportunities and seasons to come. Its also what helps pays for academies and player development. Yes, this team is a club but it is also a franchise/ business.

vCash
    i actually thought it was a reasonable question. you don't get your questions answered from keeping your mouth shut.

and, even with the put downs, we now have an answer. one that makes scene i think.

but really people, what's with the "you have allot to learn" stuff? lets not be so touchy eh?

cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by normie View Post
    It is actually quite normal, BD, to attempt to fill a vacancy in your workforce when one appears.
    I thought that this was a good answer as well

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    To be fair, the gig was up with the statement following the question

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.