Thread: Force on the defence and vow to work harder

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Force on the defence and vow to work harder

Force on the defence and vow to work harder

NICK TAYLOR, The West Australian March 15, 2010, 2:48 pm

Western Force assistant coach Richard Graham has reacted angrily to claims the Force are unlikely to win a game this season.
    The Force crashed to their fourth consecutive loss on Saturday night, slumping 50-10 to the Queensland Reds.
    But Graham hit back at knockers, saying: "I'm not really worried about what the critics say. The only people that can address it are ourselves.
    "Certainly we need to have a look at ourselves, the way that we prepare.
    "The only people that can do that are ourselves."
    As the Force arrived back in Perth today after the embarrassing performance, Graham admitted the side had let themselves down.
    "There were feelings of obvious disappointment. To cop a hiding like that isn't pleasant," he said.
    "We as a group let ourselves down."
    One area that needs to be addressed before Saturday's home game against the Waratahs is the number of missed tackles and the inside backs defence.
    "If that keeps happening, we're going to continue to concede soft tries," he said.
    "We've had four different back lines in four games. Unfortunately we haven't had a lot of time together.
    "It's easy to identify a few areas that we need to address. We're back in the saddle tomorrow at training. We've got six days.
    "The secret to any success in life is working hard so we need to go back to the training paddock and work harder.
    "We don't question efforts."

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/spo...o-work-harder/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I'll be happy to see people make the simple on-on-one tackles this week.

There were far too many soft tries set up by nothing other than a player not making a tackle he should have.

Notably, I don't think Sheehan missed many tackles, they must have been running around him to a different channel!

Get shep fit. Stick Spanner to 12 Rabbit to 15 and DHP to the bench.

C'mon the

vCash
    Well Gigs 20 i think i have to agree with on this one

vCash
    it was always going to be hard having a new 9-10-12 combo, additionally Hill probably wasnt up to speed having played in Japan past year... it will click, its just going to take a bit of time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    it was always going to be hard having a new 9-10-12 combo, additionally Hill probably wasnt up to speed having played in Japan past year... it will click, its just going to take a bit of time
    I agree TOCC! The Reds look pretty good however. I hope they can keep it up and have a crack at the big one.

vCash
    Ditto, It'd be soothing (at least a bit) to know we've been beaten by the top 4 and the remainder of the season is only looking up.

That's probably not the case, I reckon the Bulls will have something to say, and looking at the Brums, I can't honestly think they'll do better than either the Tahs or the Reds, but it'd be nice to think we've endured our most difficult four games!

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    DHP couldn't tackle a Big Mac at the moment
    I want him to be a super star but he has a huge confidence issue to overcome now to get back to the potential he has shown in Rep matches.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.