Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: whats your honest opinion ?.

vCash

whats your honest opinion ?.

i would love to see what coach mitchells game plan was for todays game. we have a kickable penalty in the first couple of minutes and we go for the line out, line out lost ball returned to reds, a couple of phases later we have a penalty 48m out and we go for the shot! bizzare to say the least, the line outs were woeful, how the coaching staff think we can get away with out a recognised hooker is beyond me, our marquee signing hill was missing in action the only time he got a mention was when he was sent off, DHP what were you thinking ? .....defence was the poorest in a while, cooper had space everywhere... 5 rounds in stuck on the bottom of the ladder with out even a measly bonus point!... well i guess the only way is up....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Hmmm, Tahs next round...

Hasta la vista Pam

Champion
    vCash
    Mate the defence was shit........ the forwards are playing their hearts out we just have to feed it back to them JOC has go in at 10........ no question about that.....
    Hill on the bench with Imnam at 12 we need a strong runner to come off JOC.
    PLEASE.....GIVE THEM A FEW WEEKS TO GELL

vCash
    Can't agree with Inman at 12, he isn't a good enough kicker yet.

We need O'Young to start at 9, O'Conoor at 10 and Hill at 12, this leaves us with a playmaker in the backline after O'Connor goes for a run at first reciever.

Fire Mitchell aswell, the team is going backwards and his 3 or 5 year plan just isn't coming off.

Champion
    vCash
    Too radical Jombi Shehans doing well at 9 I feel another loose forward our looses went wellk today I thought considering....

vCash
    We need something radicial to mix it up!

O'Young & O'Connor just seem to be the best/most gelled pairing we have.

Aren't we getting Pocock & Brown back on Saturday?

vCash
    The Force were rubbish, pure and simple.

First lets look at the good news:

1. The scrum performed well, in fact dominated on many occasions especially second half.
    2. Tyrrel had a good game on debut but his lineout throwing was woeful. His more experienced wallaby colleague was worse so lets give the kid a go. He reminds me of a young Ben Robinson in stature. He's solid, had a real dig and looks 'ard. He scrummed well, played well around the park and was in everything. His perfromance for a young debutant was very good. There is a lot of work to be done on his lineout throwing. That won't be fixed by next week but after that rubbish, we can kiss 2010 goodbye. It's time to rebuild.
    3. Hodgson was best on ground for the Force. Another guts effor and he played almost a loan hand in a well beaten team. Gutsy stuff as usual.
    4. Rabbit looked very good when he slipped into 10 when the washed up kiwi hack whoneverwas and who came for some easy cash was binned.
    5. Sheehan was good. He is very tough. His defence was solid. He scrapped for the ball at the breakdown and his service was excellent. All around was rubbish but his individual game was good.
    6. The frontrowers went pretty well around the park and scrummed exceptionally well. It's a forwards nightmare playing with that backline

The bad and the ugly :

1. Our backline is gayer than AIDS. Can't pass, can't tackle, slow, scared, incompetent (Rabbit excluded). I have a pathological loathing for backs
    2. Our washed up Kiwi 10 straight from under 10's in Japan was bad (as expected). He is and always was rubbish. We're scraping the barrel. Give him a cheque and send him back to NZ. I just checked my watch, it's Hunt time. Give the kid a go, at least he'd have a go. He could interchange with JOC and learn in the deep end of the pool. We've got nothing to lose now. Might as well get him ready for the big time.
    3. Sam Harris. Whoever signed him should be sacked. He's slower than my old mum
    4. The backline defence is as bad as I have ever seen in professional rugby
    5. Sam Wykes. His fights were woeful. He needs to learn to clench the fist and swing it. Open hand slaps on a rugby pitch aren't acceptable. He is rubbish. He's too slow around the field even for a lock. He wasn't sighted hitting the ball up. No pick and drive and if he ever gets his hands on it he flops over. No leg drive, no mongrel. Too soft, too slow. Give Hockings a go. At least he's hard
    6. Haylett-Petty needs a session or two with axe Gilmeister. His defence is atrocious. He had a bad game but he has some talent. I was actually impressed with his counter from the dead ball line. On another day, the pass would have gone to hand and they would have gone the length of the field. I hope he keeps having a crack at that stuff.

Not much to like about that effort.

The good thing about rugby, is there is always next week. Belting the Tahs would be good

Controversy corner

vCash

Was A Mitchell Supportter

I Was a Mitchell Suppotter till this game and now have reservations.
    Agree where is the game plan??? Selection of players Yes He has Blooded some of the best rookies in the country but the selection of mayure players over the last few seasons has been ??able
    I think if we go back to 2007 the force made its biggest mistake in recruiting the lovable lads Drew and gits when you read the stories about the rookies that they pushed out (the likes of Hilgy and Daruda Brock James Lachlan Mckay ) these guys would have been our mature team now if the recruits had not come. and what a team thay would have been
    we paid big $$ for nothing with Giteau

Sorry John but I see you and the Committee as the weakest link and some one has to go

Matt Dunning not playing to his full potential

I think the force need to compete and just use the season as a builder now and let the rookies take the field and get game time

I maybe wrong but as a supportter from day 1 we need rugby in WA and we need to Support our team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    1. Our backline is gayer than AIDS. Can't pass, can't tackle, slow, scared, incompetent (Rabbit excluded). I have a pathological loathing for backs
    2. Our washed up Kiwi 10 straight from under 10's in Japan was bad (as expected). He is and always was rubbish. We're scraping the barrel. Give him a cheque and send him back to NZ. I just checked my watch, it's Hunt time. Give the kid a go, at least he'd have a go. He could interchange with JOC and learn in the deep end of the pool. We've got nothing to lose now. Might as well get him ready for the big time.
    3. Sam Harris. Whoever signed him should be sacked. He's slower than my old mum
    Well serious question here Rex, how was Hill rubbish? I thought he had a solid game and did what he came here to do, play the tradition pivot to distribute the ball and kick.

It was the linking that cost us in the outside backs, not the inside. I know you don't like Hill but try to atleast look at it through unbiased eyes for a second.

Sam Harris has turned out to be a dud, but it's because of the game he tries to play. When he runs it up he can actually make the advantage line, but if he goes for a kick you just know it's going to end in tears.

The amazing thing is we crossed the advantage line 75% to the reds 60%. That wasn't because of Hill or Harris, it was due to the players watching the line instead of the ball, or getting themselves isolated.

One of that is because of the age of the people who ofended and the lack of experience (DHP, Cummings etc), the other is poor coaching.

I'm not counting the second half because it was wet and everyone was dropping it allover the shop! Being 30 down is what cost us, if we were only 5 or so down going into the rain we probably would've won.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jombi View Post
    The amazing thing is we crossed the advantage line 75% to the reds 60%. That wasn't because of Hill or Harris, it was due to the players watching the line instead of the ball, or getting themselves isolated.
    missed tackles... force 14 reds 1, that was the telling stat. of this game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slomo View Post
    missed tackles... force 14 reds 1, that was the telling stat. of this game
    You'd put atleast 7~ of those down to broken play though, when we coughed up the ball in a tackle or just dropped it cold then they ran 80m with 5 offloads.

No one was in the defence line and they were just groping at air.

Champion
    vCash
    Tonker spot on mate........but WA rugby doesnt have the culture....the history etc we need this at club level....... go down to Bassie see the pasion their and then have alook at the facilities!!! same with Neddies.
    Somehow we need to grow from the grass roots... but how the hell we do this ask the forum.

vCash
    My honest opinion is that we've had too many injuries in our core and experienced players, and too many changes required over what is a very short season. We have great players, but we've not had the opportunity to gel as much as should be expected at this point in the season. Whatever the game plan is, it is either not understood well enough by everyone on the team, or understood too well by our opposition. If things don't go 100% to plan, we lose our shit too easily while our opposition rightly punishes us for it. We do not take accurate measure of our opponents, underestimating their speed or defence, and we are rightly punished for that, too.
    Where's the passion? Where are our heads?

I'm glad there's icecreams in the fridge.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    Hill - looked composed, his kicking game was sound, he stopped players when he had to and (on at least one occasion) he gave the boys a gee-up. I don't know what else you could ask a 10 to do.

Outside backs were ordinary. Tackling (again) let us down. DHP was woeful but will improve.

Game plan was also absent. The entire game would have panned out differently had the first two penalty kicks been taken. What did your Under 12's coach tell you? Was it something about points on the board early in the 80?

Forwards get a pass mark.

Mitchell needs a flogging and then he (or the next guy in the hot seat) needs to flog the backs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tragic View Post

I'm glad there's icecreams in the fridge.
    Yep, just like the 03 RWC semi.

Eddie Jones countered Mitchells gameplan with the 2 opensides, and then the allblacks had nothing to fall back on.

We need some fresh ideas, bring in Kafer!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast