Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Where are they going wrong

vCash
    Yes, I'm disappointed. However. Mitchell didn't injure our players. Mitchell didn't throw about 15 odd 'not straight' line outs. Mitchell put faith in our WA lads like Tyrell, and DHP. Mitchell developed the superstars of today's game such as Hodgo and JOC. Mitchell, with his team, chose to play RUNNING rugby rather than kick penalty goals all day. So their choice didn't pay off. The team where perhaps a third of the XV we started the season with couldn't play haven't managed to gel yet?

Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Loss of confidence. They need a shrink.
    As a Sports Psychologist in the making, I'll put my hand up. But only for the team Mitch is coaching.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    we lost speedy backs and replaced them with slow veteran underperformers (bartholemeuzzzz and shambles harris) over the off season

smart move mitchell (sic) considering how much the game has sped up over recent seasons

reds recruited young speedy guys who play with outstanding enthusiam and theyre reaping the rewards

our main problem though must be the embarrasing inability to execute the basic skills of tackling, lineout throwing, field kicking and catching the football

Last edited by NTT; 14-03-10 at 18:21.

Player
    vCash
    Cummins, Cross, Spanner all are not playing with the skills that they possess. They are making stupid mistakes. We have fast backs in Cummins, DHP, etc, but their skills are lacking this year. There is an issue there. The backs look disjointed and like strangers. The forwards are doing OK, with the exception of hooker (Cowen is a prop not a hooker and Whittaker and Tyrell are to inexperienced). Not picking up a backup to McIsaac was a big mistake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    Yes, I'm disappointed. However. Mitchell didn't injure our players. Mitchell didn't throw about 15 odd 'not straight' line outs. Mitchell put faith in our WA lads like Tyrell, and DHP. Mitchell developed the superstars of today's game such as Hodgo and JOC. Mitchell, with his team, chose to play RUNNING rugby rather than kick penalty goals all day. So their choice didn't pay off. The team where perhaps a third of the XV we started the season with couldn't play haven't managed to gel yet?

As a Sports Psychologist in the making, I'll put my hand up. But only for the team Mitch is coaching.
    Mitchell brought over Gitaeu, Mitchell brought over Mitchell (the other one!), Mitchell has failed to get us a proper hooker since Cannon & Tai left us, Mitchell has failed in his original 3 year plan of making the semis, and it looks like the 5 year plan is off aswell unless we start geting 5pts per game.

If this was his second year Robyn you'd have a fair point, but it's not 2008, it's 2010.

If he was anyone else he would've been fired by now, you'd think he HAD won a RWC and hadn't killed Taine Randell & Christian Cullens career for personal reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by NTT View Post
    field kicking and catching the football
    I thought the in-field kicking was pretty good tonight, Hill & O'Connor were fine with the boot, it was Sheehan who had the aimless box kicks to no where.

The main problem which I'm assuming you're alluding to is that when Hill or O'Connor kicked it there were usually 0 chasers, whereas the reds would have 5~.

Last edited by jombi; 14-03-10 at 18:52. Reason: mutliple quotes

vCash
    We lost the game in Line outs and defense. But mainly line outs, no decent team will ever lose in s14 if they win every line out. The defense was just bad as a whole, its the coaches problem.

it looked like bad preperation if anything, and the defense not coping with all the new players in the line.

Apprentice
    vCash
    After watching all the Australian games this weekend, something has become seriously clear. SANZAR wants the Force, but the ARU doesn't make it any easier. The Rebels are about to announce all their signings tomorrow - and bet your bottom dollar that there are enough Force fringe players there. The team that played today was not coherent, lacked any real leadership and for the most part, were uninspiring. In essence, a team that is not committed. The inaugural Force were known as the "Travelling Bonus Point" for the amount of trys and wins they gave away, but at least they had spirit. That spirit is no longer there, and the Coach has to answer to why. The Coach is the one that makes sure the skills are practiced, that the younger players are mentored by older ones - so why is the team looking to JOC for direction? I have the ominous feeling that the Force is heading rapidly down the same path the Mungo attempt in Perth led to. Failure.

Champion
    vCash
    Jono its depth or lack of........ we let fringe players disappear (Daruda, Hildy, Brock and go too easy).
    A team is as only as good as the reserves.
    END OF STORY

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jombi View Post
    The main problem which I'm assuming you're alluding to is that when Hill or O'Connor kicked it there were usually 0 chasers, whereas the reds would have 5~.
    Spot on

vCash
    We spent all our money on the forwards this year, and when Browne and Pocock arn't there it makes a massive difference. Once we get guys like them back it will look a lot better for the force.

vCash
    Mitchell brought over Gitaeu,
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding of the whole recruitment issue is that Mitchell, while he points at guys he'd like to have, is given a group of players RugbyWA has gathered up at the start of the preseason and is told to train them? My understanding is that we have a Marketing manager or one of those names to sort out contracts and stuff - Mitch Hardy? So pretty much blaming Mitch on Giteau and Drew, which at the time wouldn't have been bad calls, is a little silly?

Mitchell brought over Mitchell (the other one!),
    Again, I don't think Mitch is the cause here, but I fail to see any problems

Mitchell has failed to get us a proper hooker since Cannon & Tai left us,
    He's busy investing in WESTERN AUSTRALIAN rugby with Tyrell and Whittaker. I fail to see the problems. Isn't that why we have a Western Force?

Mitchell has failed in his original 3 year plan of making the semis, and it looks like the 5 year plan is off aswell unless we start geting 5pts per game.
    Preseason last year he was practically fired by his players. Year before we had quokka incidents. Year before we had broken jaws and such things (or was it the other way round!?). This hasn't exactly been what you would call the easiest period of settling a solid team.

I'd upload the photo of my 'I support JM' sign, but I honestly don't know how with Lynex.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding of the whole recruitment issue is that Mitchell, while he points at guys he'd like to have, is given a group of players RugbyWA has gathered up at the start of the preseason and is told to train them? My understanding is that we have a Marketing manager or one of those names to sort out contracts and stuff - Mitch Hardy? So pretty much blaming Mitch on Giteau and Drew, which at the time wouldn't have been bad calls, is a little silly?
    I say that based on how he coached the allblacks, and I really can't see how it would change from 'my way' to a group of suits telling him what to do.

Again, I don't think Mitch is the cause here, but I fail to see any problems
    He just turned into a bit of a dud.

He's busy investing in WESTERN AUSTRALIAN rugby with Tyrell and Whittaker. I fail to see the problems. Isn't that why we have a Western Force?
    So why is Cowan throwing into lineouts now? Again as someone who followed the allblacks and what Mitchell/Deans did to Cullen/Randell they should know by now that utility players just don't stand up, and all he is succeeding in doing is killing the blokes career and confidence.

It's happened before because of Mitchell.

Preseason last year he was practically fired by his players. Year before we had quokka incidents. Year before we had broken jaws and such things (or was it the other way round!?). This hasn't exactly been what you would call the easiest period of settling a solid team.

I'd upload the photo of my 'I support JM' sign, but I honestly don't know how with Lynex.
    Well the first was because of Gitaeu and his princess syndrome, secont was on the piss and I think Brown got off lightly, and you've forgotten the horribly violent indident when Henjak threw an ice cube at Tiqiri and got sent home from South Afrikaa by the ARU!

I can understand that you love the bloke but that has to end one day.

I absolutely loathe him for what he did to Randell & Cullen, 2 of my child hood heroes, and now we're seeing the samething happen to Cowan.

I gave him the benefit of doubt for 4 and a half years, his time is up.

vCash
    It's an unfortunate state of affairs that in professional sport the buck stops with the coach. Only so much can be put down to circumstances, the players or the committee. It's time for Mitch to fall on his sword for the sake of the team and the franchise.

vCash
    The coach didn't tell them to miss tackles, drop the ball and lose lineouts at will
    The Reds defence was magnificent. The piggies should have pick and drove a lot more to get the Reds on the back foot. Faingaa at 12 for the Reds tackled like a demon. The Reds defence was very aggressive.

I think the Force should take a leaf out of the Tahs book and lets fans on the field. I want to smash the referee. How bad was he?

vCash
    The ultimate responsibility for the teams performance begins and ends with the coach. He is responsible for the players skills or lack of. It's his job to ensure his players have the skills and are up to standard. What is training for? If you see something is lacking you train the players harder in that area. Our defence has been laughable from the first game and the same players are at fault. He is responsible for everything that happens on that field from the players skill level to their mental state and I say that as an accredited coach.

vCash
    Yea lets get rid of John Mitchell, then we can search for the next 6 months and probably end up with an even worse coach. That would be great for the team.

Seriously, people who want to get rid of the coach don't know what they are talking about.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast