Thread: Ioane, Hynes fit for Force..... bugger

Champion
    vCash

Ioane, Hynes fit for Force..... bugger

Ioane, Hynes fit for Force clash March 12, 2010 - 11:46AM

Digby Ioane returns to the Reds line-up on Sunday. Photo: Getty Images

Wallabies pair Digby Ioane and Peter Hynes have shrugged off injuries to bolster Queensland's backline for Sunday's Super 14 clash with the Western Force at Suncorp Stadium.

Fullback Hynes has overcome a dislocated finger while three-quarter Ioane has been cleared after missing the 23-18 upset of the Chiefs with a knee injury.

Reds coach Ewen McKenzie has slotted Ioane into his Test position of outside centre for the first time this year at the expense of an unlucky Morgan Turinui.

Turinui was highly impressive against the Chiefs in Hamilton but McKenzie is keen to keep all his players "on their toes."

"We don't want to pretend we're doing everything right," said McKenzie.

"We've been competitive and we've had a couple of wins but we've got to keep trying to improve.

"Obviously Digby is the incumbent Test outside centre and we think, for this match, it's the right way to start the game."

Hynes returning to fullback has pushed Luke Morahan back to his preferred wing position while Brando Va'aulu has beaten Will Chambers to the other wing spot.

In the only other change to Queensland's starting 15 young lock Rob Simmons will make his run on debut at the expense of Adam Byrnes.

McKenzie has rewarded Simmons' efforts off the bench while at the same time giving firebrand Byrnes a well deserved breather.

"It's a bit of both," McKenzie said.

"Byrnesy's been doing the hard yards for us since the start and Simmo has been doing a good job off the bench so we want to give him a chance."

Reds: Peter Hynes, Luke Morahan, Digby Ioane, Anthony Faingaa, Brando Va'aulu, Quade Cooper, Will Genia (capt), Leroy Houston; Daniel Braid, Scott Higginbotham, Van Humphries, Rob Simmons, Laurie Weeks, Saia Faingaa, Ben Daley. Reserves: Sean Hardman, Greg Holmes, Adam Byrnes, Jake Schatz, Ben Lucas, Morgan Turinui, Will Chambers

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    they did well enough without them so it doesnt make too much diff to me.. Digby tends to Crab too much for my liking but he is elusive. Hynes is overrated so no bit issue with him either.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    We'll just have to have our fingers crossed that Digby has butter fingers, Cooper sprains an ankle on his pony step, Houston starts getting lazy and thinking about pies and Humphries has chilled out a bit since last weekend.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    We'll just have to have our fingers crossed that Digby has butter fingers, Cooper sprains an ankle on his pony step, Houston starts getting lazy and thinking about pies and Humphries has chilled out a bit since last weekend.
    Spot on. Simple game plan and we wil win.

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

vCash
    With the outside backs they've lined up replacing Digby and Hynes we're screwed if Faingaa passes anyway!

No big deal, we need to grind these guys to death!

C'mon the

vCash
    All I can say in my drunken state is I hope we have a decent ref for our game this weekend.

I can't believe the crap McCaw got away with, a tackle over the horizontal is supposed to be an automatic yellow, and it was only a bloody penalty!!!!

You just know the reds are going to target our ruck and will break the rules in a secont if they can get away with it with the form Braid is in.

vCash
    Digby or no Digby, the Reds are in for a shocker or a corker. It is make or break for them. After what they did to the Saders, they are the form team right now, what do we have?

Hasta la vista Pam

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronski Beat View Post
    Digby or no Digby, the Reds are in for a shocker or a corker. It is make or break for them. After what they did to the Saders, they are the form team right now, what do we have?
    15 players.......

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronski Beat View Post
    By the sound of things it was what the Saders did to themselves rather than what the Reds did to them.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.