Thread: Hill hoping to make instant impression

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Hill hoping to make instant impression

Hill hoping to make instant impression

JIM MORTON

March 13, 2010 - 3:09PM
    AAP
    Kiwi journeyman David Hill believes he can hit the ground running at Suncorp Stadium on Sunday to end the Western Force's Super 14 woes.
    The 31-year-old five-eighth faces a huge challenge to call the shots against in-form Queensland following little more than a week of training with his new Force teammates.
    But it's no new test for Hill who led Waikato to the New Zealand NPC title in late 2006 before rushing to England and immediately making an impression for English club Bristol.
    "I've been fortunate I suppose in being involved with new teams throughout my career and needing to turn up and fit in as quickly as possible so I do think I'm well versed in it," he told AAP.
    "I went to the UK after the 2006 NPC and had a week of training and then had to play.
    "Time will tell come tomorrow and being under the pressure of a big game. But we'll do what we can."
    While Hill will mark Reds playmaker Quade Cooper in the Australian derby, he played opposite Jonny Wilkinson in his Bristol debut against Newcastle.
    In what may be considered a good omen for both Queensland and Force fans, Hill's Bristol side lost 26-21 but he then played a major role in a successful season.
    "We lost the first one and won the next 10. We'll take that," he said before reconsidering. "Ah, maybe not the loss tomorrow though."
    Hill, who played one Test off the bench for the All Blacks in 2006, also made a superb transition to Japanese club Toshiba in 2008 where he's been a star of what is a less physical competition.
    The reliable former Chiefs flyhalf won't overplay his hand against the Reds and will look to guide the winless Force around the field with his boot and also help unleash the attacking skill of teenage centre James O'Connor.
    "He's an obvious talent," he said. "With young people like that you just need to give them ball really and let them do their thing."
    Hill will also have his work cut out in defence with Cooper and Reds skipper Will Genia major threats around the fringes of the ruck.
    "Will snipes around that breakdown area well and every time Quade has his hand on the ball the defence is on their toes," said Force and Wallabies assistant coach Richard Graham.
    The Reds, looking to earn their first back-to-back victory in four years after upsetting the Chiefs 23-18 last week, are rare favourites but haven't handled expectation well in that time.
    Queensland have also failed to win their last five matches against Australian rivals dating back to a 29-12 win at home over the Force in 2008.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news...0313-q4wg.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Yep, thats it, just give the ball to JOC, it's going to be a looong night.

Jokes aside, for season 2011 what are the options, can we get Jimmy back?

Hasta la vista Pam

Champion
    vCash
    Just no more injuries please....!