Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: What is the Force Chant to be?

vCash
    So glad the crowd noise was back last Saturday as it has been missing this season (except when the Chiefs "supporters" had the audacity to turn up, cheer and bring bells).

I've been wondering why it's been so quiet at MES and I think there's a few factors.
    At the first game there was a bit of "I don't recognize half the team and where the hell's Cam?, what's going on?"

Also, I'm sure the seats are just a bit bigger than at Subi, I no longer have to try to stop my leg touching the leg of the stranger in the next seat, not pleasant when it's 34 degrees. Therefore, everyone is just a little more spread out and the stadium is more open than Subi, hence it's easier for small crowd noise just to escape into the stratosphere.

I love MES, I noticed on Saturday, you can even smell the grass! (no not that kind of grass), but we'll need to keep making a concerted effort to be vocal.
    After all, it's what we're known for.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The design of MES doesn't help with the noise. Subi was a bowl with a roof (albeit a small one), but the noise was contained and echoed back into the crowd, which provides positive feedback - people are more likely to make a noise if other people are too.

MES has open corners, open stands and largely no roof and the noise disapates quickly. It sounds as if no-ones singing even if the supporters opposite are.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6