Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Are we just too nice?

Apprentice
    vCash

Exclamation Are we just too nice?

New boy alert! Ok this is my first post. I've been a WF member for 3 seasons (with my 17 year old son) since moving to Perth from the UK 3.5 years ago. I was at Subi for the Force's first home win and have enjoyed the nail-biting games since then - we've always been good enough to win or lose just about every game I've watched. So far so good BUT...on Saturday night I was embarrased!!! So I have been motivated to post on the TWF site. I read it modt days but have never been motivated to add my thoughts until now...

It wasn't the team (we were pretty good for 55 mins & I could see that they were trying), it wasn't the venue (I like that fact that MES is pretty full & that I can actually see the players' faces). No...it was the fact that 17,500 WF fans were 'beasted' by about 500 Chiefs fans!!!

I have been following the 'don't boo the away team' discussions and I do get this. But for the last 15 minutes of the game it was like a home fixture for the Chiefs. The response of many WF response was to go home early which elicited more mocking chants from the Chiefs' supporters. Do you know what? As fans we deserved it! Even worse, the WF players couldn't have ignored that fact that the Chiefs' fans owned the stadium. Boy. that must have helped their motivation to finish hard!

Whatever happened to the 'Blue Crew'? Please come back & occupy the Shed at MES and remind all of the 'nice' fans that there should be some home advantage to playing at MES.

Believe me I know that this is going to be a tough season for the faithful. But let's not go quietly into the night - Let's maake some noise for the Boys and make sure that our Super 14 opponents don't think that a trip to Perth is an easy ride!

Let's all drink a cup of concrete & toughen up for the mighty Force!

P.S. Mr Sheehan you are the bomb! You only have to look at his face to know
    that he means it.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The cheifs fans were pretty gay imo. They hardly new any cheifs chants, well even if there is none reverting to soccer chants is just like shouting out ''im a tool''. Anyway i wasn't too bothered, once we start winning that may change.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jazza93 View Post
    The cheifs fans were pretty gay imo. They hardly new any cheifs chants, well even if there is none reverting to soccer chants is just like shouting out ''im a tool''. Anyway i wasn't too bothered, once we start winning that may change.
    Let's not wait until "we start winning". That's not guaranteed this season!

vCash
    those damn cowbells!!! did my head in
    and i agree.. BOOO to those of you who left early... toughen up princesses!! just because we lost doesnt mean you use the the last ten minutes as an opportunity to get a seat on the train.. GO HARD or dont come at all!!!

vCash
    Nice first post Balti Boy. Not sure about praising it yourself though. I suspect there were more than 500 Mooloos about though. Our mob had made plenty of noise while they boys were still in the game but as the night wore on and they lost touch on the scoreboard the Waikato supporters got louder. Maybe I struck a couple of bad eggs after the game but they seemed to be among the most irritating opposition supporters I've struck so far.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    We get another chance at these fans. When they rock up to the Crusaders game later this season and trade the cow bells for Richie McCaw blow up dolls.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Don't think The Shed people would want the Blue Crew with them.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    the fights would be interesting though

vCash
    I do agree with the knowledge of the Chiefs fans though. They were all for calling out the name of the player doing good stuff until Steven Donald changed his jumper late in the game, then it was "great Kick........ummmm"

IT WAS STEVEN FREAKING DONALD!!!!!!!!!!!

C'mon the

vCash
    The Chiefs fans near me were hilarious - continually referring to Donald as "Carter" and "Number 2"...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    ... suspect there were more than 500 Mooloos about though... Maybe I struck a couple of bad eggs after the game but they seemed to be among the most irritating opposition supporters I've struck so far.
    It must have been the same 'bad eggs' that all got into the same train carriage I was on. They actually owned the train the way they carried on. This group (on the train) were most boorish and obnoxious knob-heads I've encountered.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Nice first post Balti Boy. Not sure about praising it yourself though. I suspect there were more than 500 Mooloos about though. Our mob had made plenty of noise while they boys were still in the game but as the night wore on and they lost touch on the scoreboard the Waikato supporters got louder. Maybe I struck a couple of bad eggs after the game but they seemed to be among the most irritating opposition supporters I've struck so far.
    Apologies for the 'praising myself' incident. It was my first posting and I got carried away pressing all of the buttons!

vCash
    dont stress about it mate. your post made up for it welcome.

id have to agree about the fans though. leaving before the final whistle is poor form.

vCash
    I hear you about make it your own dominate Force space... but not a fan of the boo...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Balti Boy View Post
    Apologies for the 'praising myself' incident. It was my first posting and I got carried away pressing all of the buttons!
    Actually I need to apologise to you - I meant to put a after that comment - as a joke. I figured what might have happened. Welcome.

---------- Post added at 12:32 ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by normie View Post
    It must have been the same 'bad eggs' that all got into the same train carriage I was on. They actually owned the train the way they carried on. This group (on the train) were most boorish and obnoxious knob-heads I've encountered.
    Possibly some of the same. After I'd listen to one of 'em mercilessly bagging the Force and saying how awesome the Mooloos are, I quietly asked him "Exscuse me mate, but how many Super Rugby titles have they won?"

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast