Thread: Did Mitchell use the bench correctly??

vCash

Did Mitchell use the bench correctly??

What do you guys think:
    was the bench used correctly or not, Should he not have done a full bench clear out at 65-70 min.
    I know it would not have changed the end result but we have a buy next week so at least we would have had a bench with 10-15 min more experience than what they have now.
    Should he have replaced Pek earlier? I say yes he should have If you see someone struggling why let him drown and pull the whole team down with him.

Why is Dunning even on the bench he did not commit to anything last night the first scrum he was involved in he gave away a penalty. I did not see him commit to 1 ruck Would Longbottom be a better choice to come of the bench?? He might not have the experience but at least he will put his body on the line and give it all to try and make a difference.

We need to get Stefano Hunt on the bench. He is unpredictable fast and has a brain for rugby. He is a year younger than JOC but they have been playing together for a long time and I think when it comes to comparing skills then he will match JOC in most areas. JOC played for the Wallabies when he was Hunt's age.

We will loose guys like Longbottom, Tyrrell and Whittaker if they don't get game time.
    I would rather play in a Eastern States club competition than sit on the Force's books and never get a game.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Mitchell obviously has no faith in the development players on the bench.

Why have Luke Jones on the bench if when Hocking went off to the blood bin (perfect opportunity to "blood" a young player for ten minutes or so) he brought on Stanford?

The Chiefs bench cut us to ribbons.

AND what is the story with Ryan Cross? He looks like he doesnt want to be there. Am I the only one who can see that he is dogging it? He should be dropped. Pick a youn kid who wants to have a go! At the very least he should have been dragged off and someonone the bench given a go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post

AND what is the story with Ryan Cross? He looks like he doesnt want to be there. Am I the only one who can see that he is dogging it? .
    Haven't seen a replay yet, but Cross made at least two definite try saving tackles last night, when others had fallen off.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    What do you guys think:
    was the bench used correctly or not, Should he not have done a full bench clear out at 65-70 min.
    I know it would not have changed the end result but we have a buy next week so at least we would have had a bench with 10-15 min more experience than what they have now.
    Should he have replaced Pek earlier? I say yes he should have If you see someone struggling why let him drown and pull the whole team down with him.

Why is Dunning even on the bench he did not commit to anything last night the first scrum he was involved in he gave away a penalty. I did not see him commit to 1 ruck Would Longbottom be a better choice to come of the bench?? He might not have the experience but at least he will put his body on the line and give it all to try and make a difference.

We need to get Stefano Hunt on the bench. He is unpredictable fast and has a brain for rugby. He is a year younger than JOC but they have been playing together for a long time and I think when it comes to comparing skills then he will match JOC in most areas. JOC played for the Wallabies when he was Hunt's age.

We will loose guys like Longbottom, Tyrrell and Whittaker if they don't get game time.
    I would rather play in a Eastern States club competition than sit on the Force's books and never get a game.
    Thought that they could have brought both Tyrrell and O'Young on earlier.

Also agree that Longbottom is about due for a chance as Dunning hasn't impresed much with his scrummaging in the last 2 weeks.

vCash
    i was delighted in the performance of the scrum..... untill dunning was brought on..
    ~boooo~

the thoughts above about time on field for young players is worth considering.

cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    Mitchell obviously has no faith in the development players on the bench.

Why have Luke Jones on the bench if when Hocking went off to the blood bin (perfect opportunity to "blood" a young player for ten minutes or so) he brought on Stanford?

The Chiefs bench cut us to ribbons.

AND what is the story with Ryan Cross? He looks like he doesnt want to be there. Am I the only one who can see that he is dogging it? He should be dropped. Pick a youn kid who wants to have a go! At the very least he should have been dragged off and someonone the bench given a go.
    I am glad u think this of Crossy..... hes carring an injury for sure but lacks spark aye waste of space I feel... send hime to the Rebels with Dunning

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Didn't watch the game but I reckon if Hill came in at 10 and JOC moved to 12 maybe Inman could have a try at 13.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    The great thing about last nights game was seeing ben maccallum and mitch inman on the field.
    Both players played very well and pushed for spots in the starting 15 when players are back from injury.

Apprentice
    vCash
    You're not wrong about Crossy. He has been on eof my favourites for the last few seasons. BUT I didn't knoe he was on the field last night until he scored the try.

I don't know why Sheehan was replaced - he was doing a splendid job so why change?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Balti Boy View Post

I don't know why Sheehan was replaced - he was doing a splendid job so why change?
    to get Chrisso some game time as the outcome or the points werent going to change after the chiefs scored their 5th

---------- Post added at 07:39 ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Balti Boy View Post

... or was it just 4th.. cant remember cause my brain was hurting from those damn cowbells.. i want to ram the damn things up their left nostrils!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post

cant remember cause my brain was hurting from those damn cowbells.. i want to ram the damn things up their left nostrils!
    Who in his right mind take cow bells to a rugby match

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Kiwis on an away trip to make themselves feel at home?

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Rookie
    vCash
    I thought the Force performance against the Chiefs was very poor. Some of the attempted tackles by Inman and Bartholomeuz were embarassing. I don't think Bart is up to Super 14 anymore and I don't think Inman is up to Super 14 yet.
    With the return of so many players I excepted a much better performance but it was exactly the same as the previous weeks.
    As I said above Bart, Inman had very poor games, I thought Haylett Pety, Sheehan and O'Connor had good games. I thought Henderson and Dunning were poor and Pek Cowan... 2 ill directed line out throws led to 2 tries.
    After 3 weeks it has been a very poor start, with the bye next week hopefully the Force will introduced themselves to there team mates and hopefully play a little better.

vCash
    Nobody in his right mind takes cowbells to a rugby match.....Same goes for Chainsaws!

C'mon the

Senior Player Contributor WaterBoy's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    Kiwis on an away trip to make themselves feel at home?
    Surely they should be 'Sheep Bells'

Got to love the 'member profiles', have a look...

http://www.dunsboroughdungbeetles.com/ Don't seem to have a webpage anymore so go to https://www.facebook.com/Dunsborough...tlesRugbyClub/