Thread: SportFM 91.3 coverage plans

Player
    vCash

SportFM 91.3 coverage plans

Hi Guys,

We'll be broadcasting this weeks game against the Chiefs, as a commentary position has been located - so Leon will join me for the call.

Sadly we can't broadcast the game in Brisbane. As a community radio station SportFM is dependent on sponsorship to generate the funds needed to broadcast events. Due to the uncertain nature of commentary rights it has been impossible to generate sponsors as we couldn't even guarantee what coverage we could provide. Unless we can gain a sponsor in the next week I won't be able to get to Brisbane for the Reds game. This will be even more significant if as expected there turns out to be no alternative radio coverage.

I feel certain the problems experienced this season will be a one-off especially as next season under the new format the season will stretch across the AFL season making it even harder for mainstream stations to provide full commentary on Force games. I'm sorry if some fans will be let down by the situation but at this stage I can't see a way of doing the match.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidSmithSportFM View Post
    Hi Guys,

We'll be broadcasting this weeks game against the Chiefs, as a commentary position has been located - so Leon will join me for the call.

Sadly we can't broadcast the game in Brisbane. As a community radio station SportFM is dependent on sponsorship to generate the funds needed to broadcast events. Due to the uncertain nature of commentary rights it has been impossible to generate sponsors as we couldn't even guarantee what coverage we could provide. Unless we can gain a sponsor in the next week I won't be able to get to Brisbane for the Reds game. This will be even more significant if as expected there turns out to be no alternative radio coverage.

I feel certain the problems experienced this season will be a one-off especially as next season under the new format the season will stretch across the AFL season making it even harder for mainstream stations to provide full commentary on Force games. I'm sorry if some fans will be let down by the situation but at this stage I can't see a way of doing the match.

Nah I think we are pretty relieved actually, you guys do suck.

Joking

Hasta la vista Pam

vCash
    Finger hovers over the smite button

Oh....OK!

C'mon the

vCash
    Lucky there will be enough InnForcers in Brisvegas to provide coverage!

Laugh and the world laughs with you.......
    ......cry and you'll weaken your beer