Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Super 14, are we Super Rooted?

vCash

2010 Super 14, are we Super Rooted?

As alot of you here appreciate, I am not one of these doomsday pricks. I do say it as it is however.

Brownie, Shep, Poey, Andre, Bart all gonski for most of the season. This begs the question, are we rooted for this Super 14?

History shows that emerging talent tends to come through during these trying times. History also shows that emerging talent is just that, emerging talent, hardly game winning punch.

Perhaps we can write season 2010 off and prepare for next season. In the meantime pray that JOC, Sharpie etc don't get injured.

Gentlemen, your thoughts?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Hasta la vista Pam

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Let this be a warning – write off the Force at your own peril. NZ sides whether national or provincial have in the past failed to show opposition due respect and time and time again it has been to their detriment. The Force have show on their day they are capable of pulling off the unexpected win and with their backs against the wall anything is possible.

Whether we win 12 games this year or none, I still support the Force, the Whole Force and nothing but the Force. So help me Sharpie.

You don't quit your team when they lose one game. You don't quit your team after a couple of injuries and you sure as shit don't quit your team period.

I love the Force for what they are and for what they were. I love the Force because they guts it out. They are my team and I have faith.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    What he said.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    shame we can't double-rep.

CARN YOU !

Don't think they can hear me, but I'll shout for them nonetheless.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    We'll be back to our #1 team by round 7ish, so as long as we can either grind out wins or just grab the B1 & B2 then we'll have a shot at the finals.

I put $30 on the force last month, and I know I'll be walking away with $1.4k at the end of May!

vCash
    you've got to love jombi's $30 commitment... But very game teams start equal at zero points... The Force are always a chance…

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    you've got to love jombi's $30 commitment...
    You are not a person(ality) who should comment on other peoples commitment, Mud. Let alone laugh at it.

I put some on them before last week at $14.50 to make the top 4. They are $26.00 this week and I might just send some good money after bad at that quote. But not a lot.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Interesting question Bronski.

I think many would acknowledge that it appears we are "rooted"..but not quite "super rooted". But as good supporters of our team, we all hope/pray that the team fights to the death each game, chalks up a few wins (especially at home) and maintains some degree of respectability.

I'll be watching the game somewhere tomorrow, rooting for my team and will do so for the rest of the season. All I ask is that they play hard.

Player
    vCash
    I think it will be a tough season this year. However, I also think that by playing many of our young players, we will allow these players to grow much faster than should they have been warming the bench, or part of the wider training squad. In turn, this will press the more established players to maintain their starting spot when they return from injury, and will promote competition within the squad - once a player gets a feel of a starting spot they will not want to give it up.
    The other thing that will happen is that it will make the team closer and more tight knit. We will be less likely to lose players when Melbourne start looking to poach and there will be less animosity between players.

Both of these things we have lacked for the last few years.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    It probably mostly comes down to what your pre-season expectations were.
    I never expected them to make the Finals, thinking they would finish just out of the four.
    I still believe this is achievable so why would I think they were "rooted"?
    However, in some regards I believe they are rooted.
    They are rooted in a strong culture of self belief, they are rooted in a state that has always lived as an underdog in almost all sporting, if not other, pursuits, they are rooted in reality by the good works they do in their community and they are rooted by their loyal supporters, if not their fair weather fans.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Veteran
    vCash
    loving the alternate use of the word 'rooted' very clever guys

vCash
    No. We have some really good forwards. Just need someone to fire at #10.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    they are rooted in a state that has always lived as an underdog in almost all sporting, if not other, pursuits,
    And one that usually punches above it's weight......and grows on most immigrants so that they stay and end up calling it home.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Let this be a warning – write off the Force at your own peril. NZ sides whether national or provincial have in the past failed to show opposition due respect and time and time again it has been to their detriment. The Force have show on their day they are capable of pulling off the unexpected win and with their backs against the wall anything is possible.

Whether we win 12 games this year or none, I still support the Force, the Whole Force and nothing but the Force. So help me Sharpie.

You don't quit your team when they lose one game. You don't quit your team after a couple of injuries and you sure as shit don't quit your team period.

I love the Force for what they are and for what they were. I love the Force because they guts it out. They are my team and I have faith.
    whoah big fella.. easy up, he wasn't suggesting we give up or write them off, it was just an honest question

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Yeah I agree with the general sentiment.

It appears our chance of winning the title may be rooted..........that's going to happen to 12 other teams this year

Our chances of making the 4....which I said we were a good shot at before all the injuries......may be rooted as well (that's not definite yet)

But despite this WE're not rooted, our team is still strong and more of a unit this year than ever. Now that the whingeing underperformers are gone we'll do OK we'll probably win some we're expected to lose (definately in the eyes of the ES press since they expect us to lose them all) and our patched up team (from 7 on back) will begin to come together. We'll also see at lease one young bloke put up his hand and have a shithot season, along with continued improvement and maturity from guys like JOC, Pekka and DHP who have been thrown in the deep end well and truly.

Nah, we're far from rooted!

C'mon the

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast