Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Stefano Hunt and JOC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dobduff11 View Post
    I think Stefano Hunt and JOC should start at 10 and 12 like they did at Nudgee college they were considered lethal and i think this could be our only way of doing well in this years super 14. Do any of you guys agree with me.
    What teams did Nudgee College play?

---------- Post added at 16:52 ---------- Previous post was at 16:50 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Piet Van Ziel View Post
    I'm worried about Harris being in the 22
    I'd rather have someone out of the crowd
    A bloke called Matt Giteau was in the crowd...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    i dont think its as simple as throwing someone in and saying 'sink or swim', quade cooper and kurtley beale were both schoolboy prodigy's and they were thrown into the super14 early, for both of them there first two years were quite poor, whether it was the best course of action for there development is debateable.

IMO the Force would be better off trying to sign a 5/8 from another province, someone like Johno Lance or Tim Walsh both in the reds wider academy would be better off then Stefano.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    quade cooper and kurtley beale were both schoolboy prodigy's and they were thrown into the super14 early,
    IMO the Force would be better off trying to sign a 5/8 from another province,
    You're on the mark TOCC. I'd reckon the phones have been running hot since Friday. Maybe since Andre fell over.

Stefano Hunt may be one of those special players who are ready at 18 but I sure wouldn't be risking it against either the Chiefs or the Canes. There's no percentage. Realistically the bookies would be laying them in both the next two matches, without any of the injuries. Suck it up, fight like last week and look plug the gaps.

Anyone know what the rules are with season ending injuries? Would there be insurance so they have funds to contract replacements? Are they allowed to?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post

Anyone know what the rules are with season ending injuries? Would there be insurance so they have funds to contract replacements? Are they allowed to?
    No, there isnt insurance on contracts for injured players, however if there are contract positions left open they are allowed to sign another player, also the ARU and RUPA do allow for dispensation for cases like this to sign a replacement player.

vCash
    is this the dreaming thread..? just so I'm straight Stefano who.. is going to save your S---t...

jeez TWF go for it.....

Apprentice
    vCash
    Stefano would swim, definetly time to bring him in...
    He's comes from a family of thorough breads.. stefano is farr better than signing a Jono LANce or walsh from qld.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Apprentice
    vCash
    Well for info on Nudgees GPS year in 2007 take a look at this:
    http://www.15manrugby.com/OTHER%20CO...%20VS%20GT.htm

Basically JOC outshone Stefano most of the time because he was awesome that year. Stefano was good and those two combined was described as like trying to tackle smoke. They interchanged at school level and are comfortable with each other. I would take this over Sam Harris who is a 12 but still looked as if he didn't have the skill level required of this level.

Some say that Stefano will get blown over by Nonu and other big 12's. Although he is 18/19 he is apparently 89kgs and he has never been seen as a weak defender so i would trust him and throw him in the deep end.

Worst: We don't have a ten and Stefano needs another year of Forceisising.

Best: JOC and Hunt recapture school form and form a lethal 10 12 partnership which brings the best out of both players

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Piet Van Ziel View Post
    I'm worried about Harris being in the 22
    I'd rather have someone out of the crowd
    BDGF had his boots with him just in case

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2