Thread: Membership facilities

vCash
    corona
    i only had one beer there.
    got breatho'd on the way home at about half 2 and was 0.00

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash

Smile

Well said GIGs you are right on the mark and with waldron as my member of the house on the hill I will be again emailing his office to try and get some answers.

If this goverment does not start somthing b4 the election they could be unemployed and on the dole Q Eddie let us know how you go Friday night and see if rugby WA can help you out after the game.

Yes GIGs Weed Corners is a tri code fight and I have got my League mates and my boss a box holder at the soccer checking it out and telling their mates we need to fight this war together and this is alot of pollie votes

Well done to the we need cnrs crew I support you all the way and you have put in some good yards.
    Thanks to all the volunteers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    OK Eddie, I've had a good read of everything that has been said, and will try to respond with what I understand is your problem from a weneedcorners perspective.

It appears to me, there's an argument going on between you, and some of the key players in the WNC group, which is probably fuelled more by misunderstanding than difference of opinion.

Point 1 the people who are defending MEB Stadium are simply coming from the point of view that a better view of the game equals a better experience. Now you have stated several times that your view is better, but not closer. These people would argue that your not satisfied with an improvement.

Point 2 you say the facilities at MES are substandard, I don't think anybody at WNC would argue with you. If we were interested in JUST moving to MES, we would have addressed our petition (Which was signed by more people than those who attended on Friday night) to RugbyWA and framed the precis to suggest all we wnted was a change in facilities.......No we aregue with the parliament that what was needed was an upgrade to MES to make it suitable for Super 14 rugby with a capacity of greater than 25,000.......That petition has (so far) been ignored by a state government who agreed to investigate the issue and (i believe) won seats in a very narrow election based upon some people's votes as a result.

I think you're actually doing the cause a service Eddie, and I agree with you. MES is a stopgap measure, which fulfils my need to actually SEE the game whilst a decent facility is constructed. Now I don't particularly care whether that facility is built in East Perth, Town of Vincent, Subiaco, Cockburn, Burswood or any of the various suggestions have been made but, Eddie, I agree the fight's not over, we do need to get Tuck 'I'll look after the needs of the other codes' Waldron to make good on his promise of getting us somewhere (because if something's not budgeted before the next state election, I know I'll be campaigning for a change of government)

I hope this clarifies some things

ps I personally would say your seat is better......no not closer, but better.
    Giggsie, many thanks. You do understand what I'm trying to say. And I agree with all you say. It's just that I don't trust pollies, and I've been around for a long time and understand that things like positive talk about ME will do no more than foster the status quo. Yes, my view will be better for sure, as will most people's. Except, ironincally, the corporate sect whose facilities are far poorer than subi. I fully support the Force Admim in what they have done and am not complaing about them at all. Perhaps all I am doing is pointing out that we still have a hell of a lot of work to do and must not be complacent just because we have a better stop-gap venue.

Cheers to all

Eddie

---------- Post added at 19:36 ---------- Previous post was at 19:35 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    agreed jargs,
    the walk back into the city wasnt that bad on friday night.
    i had a drink in my hand at amplifier bar on murray street about 15 mins after the game finished.
    Did you then have to return to ME to get your car to go home?

Eddie

vCash
    What would a change of government accomplish ??

A return to labour ? Who not only signed up for but corrupted the task force work and recommendation to end up with a new afl stadium. The initial task force conclusion was that a separate rectangular stadium should be built but Carps the Corrupt intervened (No1 ticket holder with ??) and the report and recommendation that was eventually publicaly presented gave us a "multi-functional" AFL stadium at Subi.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Carpenter... crikey....

Bob Kucera for Premier!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Carpenter... crikey....

Bob Kucera for Premier!
    Indeed boss!..... bob was on good form, the night we met him at the brumbies game, a straight shooter no nonsense pollie .....
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackswan View Post
    What would a change of government accomplish ??

A return to labour ? Who not only signed up for but corrupted the task force work and recommendation to end up with a new afl stadium. The initial task force conclusion was that a separate rectangular stadium should be built but Carps the Corrupt intervened (No1 ticket holder with ??) and the report and recommendation that was eventually publicaly presented gave us a "multi-functional" AFL stadium at Subi.
    An ACTUAL change will acomplish very little, but the THREAT of a change might get the currently sitting government off their well-cushioned asses to deliver what was (vaguely) promised last election. Look at the polls, government is held by their fingernails.....It's times like this that small, passionate lobby groups like us get mileage. Nobody will argue that a Rectangular stadium is more important than a new hospital or decent police/Schools etc, but a Rectangular stadium could swing enough of the vote to make it an ACTUAL election issue.

and IMHO the MPS would be better than an un-upgraded MES, as long as the stands are moved for EVERY home game.

IMHO

C'mon the

vCash

and IMHO the MPS would be better than an un-upgraded MES, as long as the stands are moved for EVERY home game.
    ... and judging by the gutlessness of WA governments, the stadium would be run by the AFL and reconfiguration would never happen

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    No cafes or restaurants in the immediate surrounds of the ground? Perth CBD and Northbridge are a 10 minute stroll away
    Although there is a Brothel! It's a shame some enterprising business person hasn't thought about opening a Bar/Cafe with all the sporting games and concerts at the Stadium but perhaps TOV is the difficulty. Yes you're right the City and Northbridge are close by.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tragic View Post
    ... and judging by the gutlessness of WA governments, the stadium would be run by the AFL and reconfiguration would never happen
    Hence the reason we stood on street corners getting abused by WAFC-employed security staff for a whole season!

I know, the issues, believe me, That's why I'm pushing for the upgrade to MES, but until the upgrade happens, we need to understand that we'll be watching in substandard facilities.

One of the major plusses with MES is the fact that the waiting list for seated memberships will continue to grow, once the WA public realise they can't just get a walk up seat......in the short term, that's a bad thing, but for the long term, it demonstrates the need for a PROPER rectangular stadium, and not a temporary patch up job!

Here endeth the rant!

C'mon the

vCash
    Hence the reason we stood on street corners getting abused by WAFC-employed security staff for a whole season!

Aw, come on. You loved it

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    Two years later, he's still dining out on the story- what do you reckon??

vCash
    I'd like to say categorically that I only fulfilled my duty and nothing more.

any fun I had abusing them back was purely on my own time!

Quote Originally Posted by Swee_82 View Post
    Two years later, he's still dining out on the story- what do you reckon??
    Yeah......you owe me beer!

C'mon the

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    actually I hogged into that & chicken satays
    yum
    any repercussions?

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    suprisingly not!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast