Thread: Dunning back in the front line for Force's campaign

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Dunning back in the front line for Force's campaign

Dunning back in the front line for Force's campaign

JOSH RAKIC

January 24, 2010
    FORMER Waratahs prop Matt Dunning says he's excited at the prospect of returning to Super 14 with the Western Force after an Achilles injury cruelled him from taking the field in his farewell season with NSW.
    The 31-year-old bookend, whose ability to play both sides of the scrum is priceless, said he came through the Wallabies' spring tour of Europe unscathed and was looking forward to helping the Force prove their critics wrong. ''I've only been here a few weeks but I think there's a good mix of experience and a good mix of young guys here. They've got a good attitude over here,'' said Dunning, who forced his way back into the Australian squad after shedding six kilograms to return to his best form with Shute Shield side Eastwood.
    ''It's obviously very different to what I'm used to. The medical staff and training staff are excellent and the coaching's excellent. There are no complaints from my end.
    ''My leg is good. I have my usual niggle and I try to look after my body like I always do. I pulled up fine from the tour and I'm feeling good. There are no issues here.''
    Dunning has assumed a leadership role under coach John Mitchell but wouldn't be drawn on his aspirations for the season. ''There are some good young guys in the pack who haven't had the level of coaching I've had, so it's enjoyable passing on a little bit of that to them and seeing them improve,'' he said.
    ''Personally, my goals never change. It may be a cliche but performing to my best week-to-week is always my priority. I never have goals about getting picked in other teams because that's someone else's decision. I just want to prepare well, stay as fit as I can and play my role as one of the senior members of the pack.''
    The Force left for South Africa last week where they will play two trial matches in Cape Town against the Stormers (today) and Sharks.
    Dunning confirmed he would be playing in both and also take the field against the Reds in the side's final trial match at the renovated ME Bank Stadium on February 5.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/un...0123-mrk8.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Geezzz he's a nice guy since he moved to the West

vCash
    well he did not last long in his first game. But on the other hand it is good to see that he is up for a fight

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    ''It's obviously very different to what I'm used to. The medical staff and training staff are excellent and the coaching's excellent. There are no complaints from my end.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    well. after his comming suspension he will be back