Sean Hardman
    Will Genia

Departing
    Hugh McMenimen
    Berrick Barnes

Arriving
    Will Chambers(Melbourne Storm)
    Lei Tomiki(Castres, France)

Thought i would do a team list for 2010 since its this time of year all the final contracts are getting thrashed out...

As far as i know that list is correct, only one new addition in Will Chambers with Morgan Turiniui and Aidan Toua will returning from injuries. Charlie Fetoia has been ruled out with injury for 2010 after been almost payalysed in a tackle last weekend, possibly Vaalu out injured as well.

Likely lineup

15. Mclinden
    14. Hynes
    13. Ioane
    12. Turinui
    11. Morahan
    10. Cooper
    9. Genia
    8. Houston
    7. Braid
    6. Higginbotham
    5. Humphries
    4. Horwill
    3. Edwards
    2. Hardman
    1. Daley

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by TOCC; 06-08-09 at 15:43.

vCash
    QLD have signed former Waratah openside flanker Lei Tomiki for 2010 and 2011, he will be understudy for Daniel Braid.

Also Reds have added Australian Schoolboys players Liam Gill(breakaway), Kimami Situati(Wing), Chris Sautia(outside back) and Simon Morahan(outside back) to the Reds Academy for 2010.

vCash
    I hope you boys have a better 2010 that's for sure. Not good to see QLD rugby in the state it's in at the moment. Can't work out where all the pride in wearing the maroon jumper has gone. You'd think with all the good rugby schools over there (St Josephs, Brissy Grammar etc) they'd be knocking players of high quality back.

I hope for rugby's sake it gets back to what it should be..

Player
    vCash
    Not a bad looking side at all on paper

vCash
    I think its a great sign that the best young schoolboys players are been kept in the code, a few years back it was common practice that about 1/4 of the squad had already penned NRL deals. So far this year, it appears as though rugby union has managed to keep all of them, even better that QLD has signed some of the more promising, with a couple more having deals on the table.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    QLD have signed former Waratah openside flanker Lei Tomiki for 2010 and 2011, he will be understudy for Daniel Braid.

Also Reds have added Australian Schoolboys players Liam Gill(breakaway), Kimami Situati(Wing), Chris Sautia(outside back) and Simon Morahan(outside back) to the Reds Academy for 2010.
    Good score for the Reds. 4 years in French rugby will prepare you for anything at the breakdown.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Player
    vCash
    Queensland is sought of in the same position the Highlanders were this season. No one expected anything from them. They had a very young team with alot of potential. Had been struggling for years. No one expected anything from them. And what to they do. They win 4 games and push quite a few good teams. They will be stronger for it this season. The similarities are erry.

Player
    vCash
    Queensland is sought of in the same position the Highlanders were this season. No one expected anything from them. They had a very young team with alot of potential. Had been struggling for years. No one expected anything from them. And what to they do. They win 4 games and push quite a few good teams. They will be stronger for it this season. The similarities are erry.

vCash
    Hooker Sean Hardman to re-sign with Queensland Reds
    Record-breaking hooker Sean Hardman has joined France-based flanker Lei Tomiki in a dual boost for Queensland Reds.

AAP has reported Hardman is on the verge of finalising another one-year deal with the Reds which would likely make him the first man to register 150 caps for his state.

The 2007 World Cup Wallabies hooker has played 137 games for Queensland in an 11-year career where he started as back-up to Michael Foley.

With Berrick Barnes' defection to New South Wales Waratahs last week prompting the resignations of the QRU chairman and chief executive, Hardman said it was an important time to plan a Reds renaissance.

A key leader in a young side, the 32-year-old veteran played a major role in ensuring powerful three-quarter Digby Ioane re-signed after Barnes' decision had forced the injured Wallabies flyer into a rethink.

"There's a large amount of pride and confidence in what can be achieved by this team and when you are around through the bad times you want to be involved in the preparations for the better days and I want to be a part of it," he said.

Hardman's decision comes as the Reds announced they had lured Tongan-born Tomiki, a former Waratahs and Australia under-19 representative, home on a two-year deal after stints with Narbonne and Castres.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...002381,00.html
    not exactly news, he announced a few weeks ago that he was staying

vCash
    Rodney Blake has confirmed that he wants to return home to the Reds, although 2010 is unlikely he definetly wants to be back by 2011

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Good news. He did great against the Wallabies for the Barbarians and God knows we could use the depth at tighthead.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    apparently Sunnybank Community Club(Sunnybank Rugby Club) offered Digby a third party payment of $50'000 extra to remain in QLD as well.

Its rather interesting i think that a local club is fronting up that sort of cash for a player they are unlikely to see play for them as long as he remains a wallaby.

For those who dont know, Sunnybank Community and Sports Club is the evolved version of Sunnybank Rugby Club, it turns over $3million in profit/year and contributes hundres of thousands back to the community through sports sponsorship and grants.

vCash
    How do other Brisbane clubs stack up financially?

vCash
    not nearly as well, Souths was struggling there recently, they went to build a 2nd field at there seniors club and the locals protested against it, it ended up in court with South losing nearly $500k.

As far as i know Sunnybank is the only club with pokies, although the rest of them at least have licensed bars in there clubhouses. Sunnybank is the true shining light out of the QLD clubs, the Sunnybank Community Centre has one of the highest turnovers for any club(league, rsl etc) in QLD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post

As far as i know Sunnybank is the only club with pokies.... Sunnybank is the true shining light out of the QLD clubs

Shining light or colourful flashing lights?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast