Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sharpe backs Force signings to make a big impression

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    I think he's done a remarkable job with the cattle at his disposal
    It would not have surprised me if the Force had come last in each and every season
    Compared with the talent and depth in most other franchises, it is remarkable that the Force were semi final candidates the last two seasons
    He's a great coach
    We're lucky to have him
    Viva la Mitchell
    The Force had a very good squad last year... They could have done better with that line up...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    The Force had a very good squad last year... They could have done better with that line up...
    Now that we've got rid of theose pretty nancies....Mitchell, Gits and valentine......and beefed up the pack, expect some better results, starting with the bumboys in round 1

Controversy corner

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slomo View Post
    i fail to see where every one thinks john mitchell is this amazing coach, he's average at best , the stats speak for themselves, 5 years as a super 12/14 coach, finished 6th, 14th, 7th, 8th, 8th in those particular seasons, a mid table coach at best....if you can supply stats that state otherwise i look forward to seeing them.......
    Read my previous post. You cannot win S14 titles without depth. The Force has not had depth. It has had a very strong back line the last few years, and a strong back row. But if any of those players were injured the replacement was a big step down. Equally, there was nothing in the tight five. Sharpe was the only standout player. The front row was a joke (Cowen improved but still has a way to go, Castle was solid but unspectacular, Whalley, Hardy, etc were not really S14 quality. McIssac was good but not at the same standard as TPN, Moore or Hardman), and Wykes and Hocking were rookies.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    It was a pretty good squad. And they were millimetres from a finals spot rather than inches or metres.

Depth in the forwards- particularly at hooker, lock and tighthead was very low. Ben Castle was an average player and he was still head and shoulders above anyone else in the scrum at 3. That and whoever partnered Sharpie was going to have less than 10 Super caps and marginal provincial experience (Hockings or Wykes).

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2