Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Quade Cooper

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash

Quade Cooper

Quade Cooper has been ordered to undergo an extensive personal development and counselling program before he will be considered for future selection by the Queensland Reds and Wallabies.

The action plan is aimed at addressing a number of off-field issues for Cooper this year and follows consultation between representatives from the Queensland Rugby Union, Australian Rugby Union and Rugby Union Players Association.

Cooper’s progress will be monitored and then reviewed in early February before any further decisions are made on his immediate playing future.

He will, at this stage, be permitted to resume training with the Reds in mid-January but with no guarantees about when he will return to playing.

Cooper also faces court in July following his arrest on the Gold Coast this month.

Having been charged, the issue will be referred to a disciplinary tribunal formed by QRU under the ARU Code of Conduct. However, the Rugby disciplinary tribunal has been placed on hold until the matter before the courts is resolved.

“The court process needs to take its course and Quade is entitled to the presumption of innocence,” said ARU High Performance General Manager David Nucifora.

“What we are talking about here in terms of personal development and counselling relates to the fact that Quade has had a number of off-field issues during the past year.

“The QRU and ARU agreed that collectively we need to impose on Quade an action plan that he must now adhere to as part of his ongoing employment, and Quade has agreed to make that commitment.

“We will not be going into the specifics of the program that has been put in place, but it is extensive.”

QRU CEO Jim Carmichael welcomed Cooper’s commitment to the jointly-devised program.

“Quade is a young man who has faced the cold reality that some off-field facets of his life could jeopardise his future unless he changes them,” Mr Carmichael said.

“Because he has accepted that responsibility and has committed to making the necessary change, we will help and support him in that – provided he continues to demonstrate that his commitment is genuine and ongoing.

“We all want to see Quade make the right choices in his life and this long term program of support and guidance is designed to help him do that.”

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Pretty much what I expected to happen, can't see him missing any Reds matches though
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    I'm not really in the loop with either organisation TOCC, but is this far different from how Kurtley is being handled?

Is there a difference in the cases, It seems as though Kurtley is getting off pretty much scott free from a ARU point of view, has Quade been a bit more 'active'

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Would wonder why it would take until July if it is such a simple case?
    Can't be that much of a backlog can there?

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Would wonder why it would take until July if it is such a simple case?
    Can't be that much of a backlog can there?
    Queensland.. courts are full of Bundy drinkers...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Queensland.. courts are full of Bundy drinkers...
    Queensland courts are full of errant Queenslanders....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I'm not really in the loop with either organisation TOCC, but is this far different from how Kurtley is being handled?

Is there a difference in the cases, It seems as though Kurtley is getting off pretty much scott free from a ARU point of view, has Quade been a bit more 'active'
    As far as i know Kurtley's incident isnt nearly as severe, legally at least, whilst cooper is charged with a crime, kurtley is charged with a domestic complaint.

Someone mentioned it to me the other day, wasnt really listening to what they were saying though.

vCash
    Kurtley has been charged with common assault.
    Because an assault is alleged in a house, doesn't make it less of an (alleged) assault.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tragic View Post
    Kurtley has been charged with common assault.
    Because an assault is alleged in a house, doesn't make it less of an (alleged) assault.
    no, that wasnt what i was saying, in legal terms its harder to prove because its purely based on the complaint of another person, rather then in Quade's case where the police provide the main evidence.

well thats my limited understanding of the whole thing anyway.

vCash
    Sorry, TOCC, I guess I wasn't clear. AFAIK, assault is a criminal offence, not a "domestic complaint". Both Kurtley and Quade have been charged with criminal offences.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    but TOCC's point is that there's less certainty of a conviction in Kurtley's case because without a complainant, or a witness there's no case. It ain't right but it's the way it is.

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Cooper desperate to keep playing

By Peter Badel From: The Sunday Telegraph December 19, 2009 11:59PM

QUADE Cooper has urged the Australian Rugby Union not to sack him as the shattered Wallabies star prepares for a seven-month battle to clear his name against a burglary charge.

Speaking for the first time since being arrested two weeks ago, Cooper opened up to The Sunday Telegraph about the toughest period of his rugby career.

The 21-year-old spoke of the humiliation of being locked up at a Gold Coast watchhouse; his desire to undergo counselling and his determination to limit alcohol consumption to prove his commitment to Queensland and Australian rugby.

On Friday, Cooper was cleared to return to Reds training by the ARU, which has also ordered the classy utility to undergo extensive counselling before he is considered for selection. It was speculated that Cooper might have his ARU contract torn up following two previous indiscretions - but he implored the governing body not to abandon him.

"I don't want to let anyone down ever again," he said. "I don't want to get sacked over this. With the support the ARU has shown, and once everything is sorted out in the courts, hopefully I've still got a job. I can't take back anything that's happened, so now it's up to me to work hard and control what I can control."

Cooper has spent the past week seeking solace from family and friends. He is a man in limbo, with the backline wizard off contract at the end of 2010 and bracing for his next court appearance on July 2. Cooper is determined to prove he is not a liability for the ARU. In the past six months he has twice been fined, first for his role in a food fight and later for breaking a taxi window.

But his arrest on December 6, for allegedly breaking into a Surfers Paradise property, has rocked Cooper. He says he will never forget the devastation of being detained at Southport watchhouse.

"Words can't describe what I've gone through the past week," he said. "It was very scary (in the watchhouse). It's something I never want to experience ever again. I was in there by myself. No words can explain what I felt in there. I definitely learnt my lesson then and there.

"I've gone through all sorts of emotions. I've been embarrassed, upset, angry ... a lot has gone through my mind. I can't really pinpoint one emotion. I'm going from one extreme to another. The public have been surprisingly good to me. No one has bagged me, no one is prejudging me, I've been going out for dinner. I'm not hiding from anyone."

Nor is Cooper attempting to sidestep reality. For legal reasons, he cannot discuss his actions in the lead-up to his arrest, but he is embracing the ARU's request for counselling. And while he is adamant he doesn't have a problem with alcohol, Cooper accepts he must learn how to manage it.

"I'll do whatever it takes to get back on the pitch and play footy. It's something we've addressed, when everything off the pitch is going well it can transfer to your football on the field," Cooper said.

"Alcohol seems to be a common denominator in a lot of incidents, not just involving myself. I need to control that side of things and if I do that, it will be a big factor in keeping me on the straight and narrow."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1225812018703

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Well, it's a start I guess.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    he still stays a bad example for kids

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tragic View Post
    Sorry, TOCC, I guess I wasn't clear. AFAIK, assault is a criminal offence, not a "domestic complaint". Both Kurtley and Quade have been charged with criminal offences.
    Once again that's not what I was talking about, read gigs comments
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast