Heineken Cup Pool Four

Venue: Murrayfield Date: Saturday, 19 December Kick-off: 1335 GMT
Coverage: Live on Sky Sports 3. Updates on BBC Radio 5 live, BBC local radio and BBC Sport website

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fit-again Scotland flanker Ross Rennie will make his first appearance for Edinburgh since Boxing Day 2008 as they host Bath in the Heineken Cup.

Kyle Traynor replaces Allan Jacobsen in the front row and lock Craig Hamilton comes in for Scott MacLeod.

Bath's Andy Beattie will play his 200th game for the club against Edinburgh in the Heineken Cup on Saturday.

Both sides must win the game to have any hope of progressing in European rugby's premier competition.

Beattie said: "I have played with some of the greatest players over the years and I feel honoured and privileged to get there."

It would be really special to mark my 50th European appearances with a win over Bath

Bath head coach Steve Meehan told BBC Radio Bristol:"I wouldn't be surprised if the Bath supporters were outnumbered but more vocal than the Edinburgh supporters.

"I was pretty impressed with Ross Ford's performance and Chris Paterson played well for them again, so in front of their families and friends they're going to be a more difficult team to beat.

"This weekend just gone, Edinburgh ran the ball from their 22 more than what we've seen in the previous matches this season.

"I do really enjoy watching teams looking for solutions and challenging defences, so it could be another crackerjack game come Saturday."

Rennie, who was voted Edinburgh's Players' Player of the Season two years ago, has recovered from a long-term knee injury and comes into the side as Edinburgh look to avenge last week's 16-9 defeat away to Bath.

Head coach Rob Moffat welcomed his return to the starting line-up while stressing that the player Rennie has replaced - Roddy Grant - had performed well.

"It is great to be able to welcome Ross back into the team - he is a quality player," said Moffat.

"But we are fortunate because we have three quality sevens in our squad; Ross, Roddy and Alan MacDonald.

"Roddy has been outstanding for us so far this season, but there is a lot of rugby left to be played this season.

"So we felt it was the right time to bring Ross back into the starting line-up and it will be great to see him back on the pitch in an Edinburgh shirt."

Rennie's inclusion is one of three changes to the pack that featured at The Rec on Sunday, but the back line remains unchanged.

Chris Paterson will captain the team on Saturday - marking his 50th appearance for Edinburgh in the Heineken Cup.

Paterson said: "It would be really special to mark the occasion with a win over Bath. Over the past 10 years, we have managed to beat the likes of Wasps and Toulouse at home in the Heineken Cup and it would be great to be able to add Bath to that list."

Back row forward David Callam is in line to record his second Edinburgh appearance of the season after being named amongst the replacements.

He comes into the squad in place of Allister Hogg, who is scheduled to undergo surgery to repair a hip injury at Spire Murrayfield Hospital on Wednesday 23 December.

Stand-off David Blair is ruled out after injuring his ankle during the weekend defeat at The Rec and he joins his older brother, Mike, in the treatment room

Captain Simon Cross is still out with a knee injury alongside Andrew Easson, while prop Ryan Grant is out with an ankle injury.

Scotland lock Jim Hamilton is close to returning to the team, while Simon Webster is still out with a hamstring injury.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edinburgh: Paterson, Houston, Cairns, De Luca, Visser, Godman, Laidlaw, Traynor, Ford, Cross, Turnbull, Hamilton, MacDonald, Rennie, Newlands.
Replacements: Kelly, Jacobsen, Young, MacLeod, Callam, Samson, Robertson, Thompson

Bath: Abendanon, Stephenson, Carraro, Hape, Cuthbert, Little, Claassens (c), Flatman, Mears, Wilson, Hooper, Short, Beattie, Salvi, Watson.
Replacements: Dixon, Catt, Bell, Hobson, Skirving, Bemand, Davis, Cheeseman

Referee: tbc