Thread: Ch 10's ONE HD TV Coverage

vCash

Ch 10's ONE HD TV Coverage

Anyone read that stupid letter in the Sunday Times TV Guide from 'Ross'?

For those that haven't, he was commending ch 10 for showing the rugby at 1am delayed. Stated he didn't care it was delayed. For goodness sake, talk about giving ammunition to the programmers to continue such! Instead, he should have condemned them. Personally I am sick of first 10, then 7, now 10 again delaying the Wallabies internationals. For this year's Grand Slam, they promoted it as being on live, well, maybe for those in the Eastern States who see everything live. We just see history. What now makes me very angry is that Ch 10 have, on their own admission, a dedicated 'sports' channel. They now have no excuse (not that really they ever had)(movies etc) for delaying it. It could and SHOULD have been telecast live. What 'Ross' needs to understand is that not all people can, or wish to stay up to 3am to watch the full game. Shown live the games would have been on at a reasnably comfortable time for us in the West. Absolute discrimination and corporate arrogance.

I wouldn't like to think there is some tacit agreement with Fox, whom do telecast it live....

What do others think?

Eddie

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Well I personally think that the American Baseball and Extreme Paint Ball Tournaments are more important then watching any Australian team play at home or abroad, live ...

Well channel 9 is teaming up with foxtel they are going to have GO! on both free to air and foxtel, perhaps channel 10 and foxtel should do something similar with ONE.

"Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I thought that apart from the Australia v England game they were all played live on One.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    The games were shown live in the East, and then repeated in "prime time" that night.

The Prime Time repeats were certainly something that should be applauded.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I thought that apart from the Australia v England game they were all played live on One.
    No, NONE were live. All at 0100. One did thei right thing wis GPs, which they now show early and not long delayed on their regular channel, as mostly they do with the IPL. But NOT Union.

Eddie

---------- Post added at 15:54 ---------- Previous post was at 15:50 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    The games were shown live in the East, and then repeated in "prime time" that night.

The Prime Time repeats were certainly something that should be applauded.
    Yes, I agree that REPEATS are fine but hey, here in the WEST we don't even get the games live at any time. For you it probably would be 0100 when the game is on. So much for 10's license appliction fiasco when they strongly submitted 'local content' etc. They have well and truly screwed us in the WEST.

Eddie

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiewoof View Post
    What now makes me very angry is that Ch 10 have, on their own admission, a dedicated 'sports' channel. They now have no excuse (not that really they ever had)(movies etc) for delaying it. It could and SHOULD have been telecast live.
    Don't take this wrong I'm not defending Ten, but isn't there still some crappy, out-of-date piece of legislation that stops them from showing tests on digital TV before it's been on analogue?

Sooner they bring that stuff up to date the better.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonzy View Post
    Well I personally think that the American Baseball and Extreme Paint Ball Tournaments are more important then watching any Australian team play at home or abroad, live ...

Well channel 9 is teaming up with foxtel they are going to have GO! on both free to air and foxtel, perhaps channel 10 and foxtel should do something similar with ONE.
    As far as I'm concerned, GO can, well, GO! Like7's other channel, it's mostly crap. Just recyled hash that's mostly aready been on. Why can't just one of the stations give us a dedicated doco type channel with good stuff NO REALITY SHOWS please.

Eddie

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I love my

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Don't take this wrong I'm not defending Ten, but isn't there still some crappy, out-of-date piece of legislation that stops them from showing tests on digital TV before it's been on analogue?

Sooner they bring that stuff up to date the better.
    I doubt it. Fox shows it live. The anti-syphoning laws were there to protect the viewer supposedly. Problem is, that these so-called laws are crap. Not ONE of Australia's soccer world cup qualifiers was shown on FTA. And, what sport MUST be shown on FTA, there is absolutley NO requirement for it to be shown live.

There should be a lobby formed that demands all stations that gain rights to sporting events to show them live on ONE of their many digital stations. Flick through the channels and you see a heap of digital stations for each channel, almos all showing the same bloody thing!
    I agree that the laws are antiquated and need changing.

What does NOT seem to change is the arrogance of the tv stations.

We had all this hype about 'FreeView', well, mostly its all rehased crap that has been on before, or, worse, should never see the light of day. The promise that digital transmission would give us more channels and 'exciting new programs' etc, has not rallyl eventuated.

We have gone down the track that the US went down 50 years ago. Heaps of channels, heaps of crap.

Eddie

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    There is, but a simulcast is accptable. It's what 10/One HD do with the AFL.

I look forward to the review of the anti-siphoning laws, possibly it will allow FTA networks to show live sport on their multi channel set ups (GO! and Seven 2 etc)

I never got around to finding out why both C7 and Foxtel have the rights to June Tests and 3N

I doubt it. Fox shows it live. The anti-syphoning laws were there to protect the viewer supposedly. Problem is, that these so-called laws are crap. Not ONE of Australia's soccer world cup qualifiers was shown on FTA. And, what sport MUST be shown on FTA, there is absolutley NO requirement for it to be shown live.
    Socceroos Internationals were passed by Free to Air networks giving Foxtel the chance to pick them up, which they did.

I couldn't care less having access to both Foxtel and OneHD

TG I would praise your post multiple times if I could

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Pretty sure the last couple of games on OneHD were played (here in Perth anyway) straight after the games finished IRL.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    Pretty sure the last couple of games on OneHD were played (here in Perth anyway) straight after the games finished IRL.
    Correct. Perhaps you should add Ch 10 to your sig.

Eddie

vCash
    Correct. Perhaps you should add Ch 10 to your sig.

Eddie
    That's a bit harsh eddie, Channel Seven have been f#^king up Perth rugby telecasts for freakin' years.......in intense measure. It'll take Channel Ten at least two more years of arrogant bullshit to come close!

C'mon the