Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Quade Cooper charged with burglary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Even if the law adjudges him to be "not guilty" he is still guilty of being a dick.
    I don't care his age, he has signed on the dotted line to stand by the contract that allows him to make twice as much coin as his non-pro mates.
    Not only does he portray a lousy example by his actions, in my eyes he gives a worse one if he's not man enough to front up and take responsibility for those actions, pissed or otherwise.
    You have a lovely way with word Burgs

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Who cares if he is innocent or guilty the main thing is that for once its not a Force player being dragged through the mud in the off season.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    This is reminding me of the story of the two magistrates picked up for drunk driving. They do a deal to sentence each other.

The first one pleads guilty before the other and is sentenced to the very minimum penalty possible. They then change their positions in the dock and on the bench and the second one pleads guilty.

He cops the maximum penalty, because, the first magistrate says, this offence is becoming far too prevalent. It's the second case today.

vCash
    Players group warns ARU not to ban Quade Cooper

THE Rugby Union Players Association has warned the ARU against standing down Quade Cooper from rugby as the Wallabies star fights to clear his name.

The stance from RUPA boss Tony Dempsey came as the Queensland Reds said they could not guarantee Cooper would be given the green light to start the Super 14 season.

Cooper, who returns to Reds training on January 13, must confront months of uncertainty after a burglary charge levelled against him was adjourned until July 2.

The ARU and Queensland Rugby Union are sure to come under mounting pressure to allow Cooper to appear in the Reds' season-opening Super 14 clash with the Waratahs on February 13 given the precedents set by the rival National Rugby League.

In the past two years, NRL stars Anthony Laffranchi, Greg Inglis and Brett Stewart were permitted to return to the field despite off-field charges hanging over them.

RUPA, which butted heads with the ARU over Lote Tuqiri's sacking in July, is watching the Cooper affair closely and Dempsey said the 21-year-old's off-field ordeal should not prevent him representing the Reds and Australia.

"Given the presumption of innocence, any player who has yet to be found guilty of anything ought to be able to continue to play," Dempsey said.

Players group warns ARU not to ban Quade Cooper

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    the sentiment towards wallabies getting arrested on the gold coast seems to have changed remarkably since JOC was arrested there last year
    touche

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Ahh, the NRL, now there's a fine institution we should be taking guidance from.

As for comparing to last year, there is a tad more escalation in the "alleged" offence in this one. My comments at least are at Cooper the Wallaby, not Cooper the Red.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    not that its even relevant, but it was JOC the Wallaby in 2008

You might have laughed me off, but there is more to this ordeal then what appears to the eye, i cant confidently say Quade wont be sacked, i dont think he will even miss a game, he will probably take a pay cut, a severe reprimand and possibly even the extra duties, but he will be at least playing for the Reds in 2010, he will probably have to earn his place back in the wallabies though(as they should every year).

vCash
    Rugby players should stick to taxis...

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    not that its even relevant, but it was JOC the Wallaby in 2008

You might have laughed me off, but there is more to this ordeal then what appears to the eye, i cant confidently say Quade wont be sacked, i dont think he will even miss a game, he will probably take a pay cut, a severe reprimand and possibly even the extra duties, but he will be at least playing for the Reds in 2010, he will probably have to earn his place back in the wallabies though(as they should every year).
    Unless this is a worse case scenario which I strongly doubt (that being that Quade decided he would go on a rampage because he is 'above the law') he'll be playing for the Reds and won't miss any games. The ARU can't really afford not to have him- losing players of the quality of Cooper and Barnes would be devastating and rugby needs Queensland to survive.

And lets face it, stupid though it was he didn't assault anyone, he didn't mistreat any women, he probably wasn't on drugs. It probably was just a case of mistaken room and if indeed a laptop was stolen it was done as a prank. I'd say it'd be pretty bloody hypocritical of the ARU to allow the Brumbies to recruit Justin Harrison and punish Cooper harshly. The quokka incident was worse than breaking and entering too.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5