Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: dark days for perth

Apprentice
    vCash

dark days for perth

hi everyone, long time reader first time poster.

i am a perth expat who now lives in melbourne and i thought i should post my thoughts on the feeling of the days announcement that melbourne has won the rights tot he 15th team.

see, back in the day when perth won the right for the 14th team, it was on the back of people power and the fact the timezone fit in well for broadcasting games.

melbourne however is a corporate decision and while good for the bank account has left a sour taste in my mouth.

i think that alot of players from perth may head south for it, perth have been able to get players to sign on the back of being able to get opportunity, however if the same opportunity exsisted only an hours flight from home, would it not look better than the time between perth and syd/bris?

i hope this dicision doesnt leave perth as the laughing stock of the league as it has been the past few seasons with all the money they throw at players and being unable to achieve anything.

i also hope that everyone has an awesome year and that the government fix the craphole of a stadium the force are moving to.

it would also be nice if we could sign some players with actual spirit and desire to play for our club other than having to rely on third party payments to keep even the average footballers in perth.

these things and more are things i hope for!

that and that the perth supporter base continues to grow and flurish and remain independent from organisations that currupt!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Hmmm, we don't have a fishing smiley

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reality View Post
    hi everyone, long time reader first time poster.

i hope this dicision doesnt leave perth as the laughing stock of the league as it has been the past few seasons with all the money they throw at players and being unable to achieve anything.

!
    "the laughing stock of the league" -

no, that would be the Reds. Lets hope that the decision to bring in a 5th team, doesn't render the Reds permanently so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Hmmm, we don't have a fishing smiley

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Its funny when the fisherman pretend to be from Perth and then rag it. Everyone knows if you are a proper Perthican you have a pig-headed belief (based on plenty of evidence mind) that WA is the best bloody place in the world.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Champion
    vCash
    I think all the Australian s 14 teams will be in the same boat....... not worried at all beating the Vict's in union now that got a ring to it........ it was good beating the reds and NSW this year Stick it up u Victs it will be hard slog for the first few years even if u buy 1/2 ya plkayers from OS

vCash
    Dickheads like this are the reason I renounced my Victorianness.

Players who are seeking opportunity will fill the holes left by the big names Melbourne signs, just the same as happened when the Force started up. I hope Perth have learned to sign quality young men like Tom Hockings, David Pocock, James O'Connor, Sammy Wykes.......the list goes on.
    The record shows that these players are not only now world class, but have also demonstrated their loyalty by re-signing with the program that gave them their break. Melbourne can buy it's 10 marquee players from OS, throw a shitload of money overseas only to find their players have no heart. I'd much rather support a team with heart thank you very much!

ps If Berrick Barnes has half a brain, he'll stay at the 'Tahs, it might feel dirty, but he's guaranteed a good deal at the selection table there.

C'mon the

vCash
    Force will be fine and are now well established... A new 5th OZ team in Melbourne completes the much waited national comp.

Melbourne has it all in front of them. They can learn from the Brumbies and Force and make there own future…

I think there are enough players out there… just add a couple of Internationals… Additionally there are plenty of players from NZ who would consider a run in Melbourne just to get a S15 start…

It will just make it better for all... and the Wallabies...

vCash
    i think that alot of players from perth may head south for it, perth have been able to get players to sign on the back of being able to get opportunity, however if the same opportunity exsisted only an hours flight from home, would it not look better than the time between perth and syd/bris?
    No it wouldn't. The Western Force are a quality rugby club. A very professional outfit. Geographical location is generally not the only factor considered, 'nor is it the most influential factor in a players decision. These guys train incredibly hard, from a variety of backgrounds, just to have an opportunity to play professional rugby at all, in any club, at any time; in order to give them a fighting chance to represent their country.

The Melbourne Rebels will only boost the quality of the competition. It is a fantastic decision, which provides even greater opportunity for the development of young kids in Australia to reach their potential in Australia; as opposed to travelling to our northern-hemisphere enemies.

I don't see how you've come to this conclusion. Perth, and The Western Force are a well respected force (pardon the pun) in Australian Rugby, and the Super 15's competition. We're right in the mix, along side our fellow national teams in the Brumbies, Reds and Waratahs. In addition to this; I don't think it's fair you crucify their performance capabilities as much as you have.

i also hope that everyone has an awesome year and that the government fix the craphole of a stadium the force are moving to.
    MES is a decent stadium. It's already in the process of an upgrade. New stands have been built, with more to come of course. Again, you're being very cynical, and very impatient. The club works insanely hard, from the administration through to the playing group. They all want success. As you're not a professional body-language, behavioural analyst; I don't think you're qualified to adjudicate whether they have spirit or not.

vCash
    Nicholas - as a successful website we are subjected to a diverse range of opinions here - unfortunately we have acquired some "FANS" who love to bate us - they are called internet trolls by many and they thrive on stirring normal people - we ignore them and try not to respond to their more interesting statements directly as they get worse - kinda like a parasite bite the more you itch ...

Thus all the references to "Fishing"

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas Hart View Post
    They all want success. As you're not a professional body-language, behavioural analyst; I don't think you're qualified to adjudicate whether they have spirit or not.
    Lovely answer Nick, just a tip.......choose carefully the times when you feed the trolls. Sometimes you just can't avoid giving them a spray, sometimes it's fun to indulge in the game, sometimes it's better just to ignore them. Don't bother considering their feelings....they don't have any. Don't try to bend them to reason, they don't understand reason.

You can identify a troll in several ways.
    1 They only have one or two lines and keep banging on about them forever
    2 They deliberately choose a controversial topic and make an inflammatory comment on it in an attempt to anger people
    3 No matter how much better than their argument yours is, you always seem to be fighting on the back foot....that's because they're ignoring you
    4 once you've finally proven conclusively that you're right and they're a dickhead the change the entire argument into something different and tell you that's what they've been trying to say all along.

For further practice, look at the back posts from Mudskipper

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Force will be fine and are now well established... It will just make it better for all... and the Wallabies...
    There's a first time for everything. Can't believe I did it though.

P.S. Apart from everything else it's another opportunity for an InnForcers Tours - plenty of flight options too.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    [quote=tic;233566]"the laughing stock of the league" -QUOTE]

Cheetahs? Lions?

---------- Post added at 14:44 ---------- Previous post was at 14:40 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Its funny when the fisherman pretend to be from Perth and then rag it. Everyone knows if you are a proper Perthican you have a pig-headed belief (based on plenty of evidence mind) that WA is the best bloody place in the world.
    And furthermore, only Sandgropers are allowed to rag WA.

(Well, they have earned the right to afterall!)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    There's a first time for everything. Can't believe I did it though.

P.S. Apart from everything else it's another opportunity for an InnForcers Tours - plenty of flight options too.
    no longer a virgin? good for you saddle bags....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast