By James Hooper

Seeking redemption ... Justin Harrison is hoping he will be allowed to play Super rugby in Australia following his admission of cocaine use. Source: The Daily Telegraph

EXILED Wallaby Justin Harrison has broken his silence on an eight-month suspension for using cocaine, repenting his sins from an end-of-season celebration in London gone wrong.

Harrison quit the Bath club last May with one year to run on his contract, citing "personal reasons'' after refusing to take an in-house drugs test.
After a detailed investigation, English rugby's governing body, the Rugby Football Union, opened a misconduct hearing where Harrison pleaded guilty to three charges of conduct prejudicial to the game.

Banned from playing or coaching until January 13 next year, the 34-Test second-rower remains intent on resurrecting his Super 14 career.
Harrison admitted taking cocaine on the night in question and becoming involved in an altercation with a staff member from rival club Harlequins at the Piano and Pitcher pub in Fulham.

Harrison, 35, returned to Australia three weeks ago to visit family and he has held informal discussions with NSW coach Chris Hickey, who ruled out a possible return to the Waratahs.

"I want to try to re-establish my reputation after a horrible mistake,'' Harrison said.
"At an end-of-season party, I became involved in something that I shouldn't have and for that I've been sentenced and punished. I've absolutely admitted that I've done the wrong thing and I'm moving forward as best I can."

"I'm certainly not running from doorway to doorway hiding. There's no doubt there's a lot of angst and pain that a lot of people have gone through."
"I'll carry that for a long while. It will always be there, but I can certainly make sure that I return my services as best I can in a professional environment in the sport of rugby union."

"I'm looking forward to continuing my involvement."

"It wasn't a carthartic exercise, it was just a very sad period that I went through."
"I admitted that I was clearly in the wrong and only had myself to blame. I had to repair whatever damage I'd done to my relationships, starting with my family and people close to me, and secondly, the sport of rugby union, which has given me a fantastic career. It would be wrong of me to sever all ties and certainly I would hope that rugby doesn't want to sever ties with me."

"The signs are positive. People are still recognising that I'm the same guy who gave as much for my country as I could when representing them on and off the field. If anything the experience has increased my desire to be as professional as I can.''
A fierce competitor, Harrison is no stranger to controversy in his 12-year professional career.

In 2005, he was suspended for three Super 14 matches and fined $20,000 for making a racial slur against Cats winger Chumani Booi.

In 2001, Harrison was famously labelled a "plank'' by loud-mouth former England winger Austin Healey on the 2001 British Lions tour of Australia.

But the Wallaby had the last laugh when he produced a match-winning lineout steal to seal a series win.

Harrison intends to work with children in youth programs and community groups, highlighting the pitfalls of recreational drugs.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1225790892825